Skin bleaching is not a new concept. Millions of women around the world are looking for that perfect miracle product or a skin whitening treatment to acquire a whiter and glowing complexion. Fair complexion is known as an essential aspect of beauty in many parts of the world and back in the days, it was associated with the power too. Luckily, there are plenty of skin care clinics that offer completely safe skin whitening solutions. But they can definitely get expensive than your traditional skin whitening creams. Most of the skin whitening creams available in the market are not essentially good for your skin. In fact, they can be extremely harmful and lead to a variety of skin allergies and issues as well.
Today, we will briefly explain the side-effects of these readily available skin whitening creams.
Read more to find out!
Harmful Agents in Whitening Products
Here is a list of few ingredients that are commonly found in almost all the skin whitening creams along with their side effects;
Hydroquinone [C6H4 (OH)2] is a toxic chemical. You will be surprised to know that it is used in black and white film processing, rubber manufacturing, and hair dyes. And you are putting that on your face!
- It is considered extremely toxic, mutagenic, and carcinogenic for the skin cells.
- It can also cause thyroid disorders.
- It can cause liver disease and adrenal dysfunction.
- Skin whitening creams can also cause skin rashes and mild burning of the skin.
- Sun burn accompanied by the excessive redness or cracking of the skin is one of the most common side effects.
Mercury is used in a variety of skin creams, beauty soaps, and lotions that are widely available in the drug store. Some of their common side effects are enlisted below;
- The initial side effects include skin rashes and skin discoloration.
- Some individuals experience extreme scarring which is extremely hard to get rid of.
- Long term usage can also damage your kidneys and the nervous system.
Unfortunately, many cosmetic companies include cheap ingredients in their products including high-dosage steroids. They can definitely lighten your skin but the cost you pay for it is much higher than the lightening effect. Therefore, many dermatologists prefer that you go for skin whitening treatment instead of creams. Here is why;
Steroids can be a great deal of help for eczema, psoriasis, or dermatitis but they are not a product that could be used for skin lightening.
- The steroids must only be used under the supervision of a dermatologist. They are not something you should buy of the rack and start using.
- They can cause constriction of the blood vessels, giving your skin a whiter appearance for the time being.
- They can slow down the cell regeneration process and result in melanocytes as well.
- They can cause thinning of the skin and lead to fine lines and wrinkles.
Is there are a safe alternative?
Well, to your great surprise there is. Dermatologist today perform a gazillion kinds of skin whitening treatments. Some of the most popular ones include; chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser skin whitening, and many more.
What makes Laser a better choice?
There are numerous benefits of laser skin whitening.
- It is a non-invasive procedure.
- It offers quick results. Within, three to six sessions, your complexion will lighten by several skin tones.
- There is no downtime involved in the treatment.
- You can immediately return back to your daily routine.
- The results are long-lasting and you won’t have to undergo a maintenance treatment every few months.
- It targets multiple skin problems in one go. Not only you get the perfect white skin, but the laser will take care of the dryness, fine lines, and dark spots as well.
In short, whitening creams are not a skin-friendly solution because of their harmful ingredients. Instead of using such creams, you should opt for a laser skin whitening procedure. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®, we are offering all kinds of skin whitening treatments and you can get a free, no obligatory, and one-on-one consultation too. You simply need to fill in the consultation form and you will be contacted shortly by one of our representatives. Alternatively, you can use our chat section to get your queries answered right away.