Laser Photo Rejuvenation in Dubai
Photo rejuvenation is the procedure that an energy-delivery device to improve the texture and tone of the skin by treating wrinkles, scars and discolouration. Photo rejuvenation falls into three main categories – mechanical, thermal and chemical. Mechanical methods consist of lasers, thermal include thermage and chemical include chemical peels.
Therefore laser photo rejuvenation is the procedure that uses laser energy to revitalize the youthful appearance of skin by treating the damages caused by aging and environmental factors.
Who is a Candidate?
You may be a good candidate for laser photo rejuvenation if you are experiencing any of the following issues:
- Fine lines around the eyes and mouth and on forehead
- Discoloration caused by sun damage, hyper pigmentation, melasma or aging spots
Preparing for Procedure
Practitioner gives detailed guidelines about how you should prepare for the procedure but some general pre-treatment instructions are:
- Avoid exposure to the sun for longer periods of time.
- Don’t forget applying strong sunscreen before going in the sun.
- Avoid tanning and sun bathing few weeks before laser photo rejuvenation.
Photo Rejuvenation Procedure
The procedural steps of laser photo rejuvenation treatment are:
- Generally, laser photo rejuvenation does not require anesthesia as it is virtually pain free procedure but numbing cream may be applied to assure patient’s comfort.
- Then a hand held laser device is used to introduce laser beam of specific beam to the skin. Wavelength, power and length of pulse duration are tailored according to the particular kind of skin problem.
- The heat of laser beam removes the topmost damaged layer of the skin and stimulates the production of new skin cells and collagen – important protein naturally found in the skin to keep it smooth, healthy and hydrated.
- Cooling device may also be used to minimize the pain and discomfort.
Post Treatment Care
Patients need to follow some post-procedure instructions in order to get successful results and avoid any complications. These instructions include:
- Apply ice packs to minimize the discomfort.
- Use gentle cleanser and moisturizer to keep your skin clean and hydrated.
- Avoid exposing your sun to the sun.
There are a number of benefits associated with laser photo rejuvenation. Some of them include:
- It is an effective, safe and minimal invasive treatment for a number of skin problems.
- It can be performed on face, neck and chest.
- It requires no downtime and very less time for recovery.
Fill in the form to get Free Consultation