Microdermabrasion with ultrasound is an effective skin rejuvenation procedure for those who prefer non-invasive procedures to maintain younger-looking skin. It is a skin exfoliating procedure that uses gentle abrasives to exfoliate the skin, which sometimes cause pain and discomfort to the patient.
This technique is performed by using microdermabrasion equipment or a machine that uses a high-speed ultrasonic applicator. A mixture of oxygen and botanical liquid is then combined with a crystal-free ultrasound microdermabrasion applicator to exfoliate the skin.
Table of Contents
Who is a Candidate?
You may be an ideal candidate for microdermabrasion if:
- You have enlarged pores.
- The texture of your skin is rough and dull.
- If you have pigmented marks and age spots.
- You have scars caused by acne.
- Your skin is sagging and has lines and wrinkles.
- You are not pregnant (consult with a healthcare provider before considering microdermabrasion).
- Ensure you do not have active skin conditions like rosacea and dermatitis or allergy.
- You are not prone to cold sores (discuss this with your healthcare provider).
You need to follow these pre-procedure instructions to get prepared for microdermabrasion:
- Consult with your doctor before stopping any medications, including those that contain blood thinners.
- Avoid using over-the-counter topical products containing Retin A, retinol, and alpha and beta hydroxy acids for a specified period before the procedure, as advised by your dermatologist.
- Follow the recommended skincare regimen.
- Do not wax or use depilatories, exfoliants, and facial masks before the procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning for a certain period before the procedure, as recommended by your dermatologist.
- Use a high SPF sunblock to protect your skin from UV rays.
Ultrasonic microdermabrasion is one of the most advanced non-invasive skin rejuvenation techniques. It is a simple procedure that involves the following steps:
- No anesthesia is typically required for this non-invasive treatment, which is generally pain-free.
- The treatment uses a spatula-type instrument that vibrates gently to exfoliate the dead skin layer, aiming to preserve the healthy underlying skin. At the same time, special hydrators are used to keep the skin moist.
- The treatment can also stimulate blood flow, which may aid in skin rejuvenation and healing.
Microdermabrasion usually does not cause significant pain or discomfort and typically requires minimal downtime. While generally well-tolerated, some temporary side effects may occur. Your skin may appear slightly red and capillaries may seem visible but these symptoms will subside quickly. Slight swelling and bruising may also appear but this will subside in a couple of days.
Following post-procedure instructions is important for almost every patient to maximize the results of the procedure. Some common instructions include:
- If you experience a burning sensation, use cold compresses to alleviate it
- It’s advisable to avoid makeup for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
- Limit sun exposure for a few days post-treatment and use sun protection to safeguard the treated skin.
- Avoid using over-the-counter topical products containing retinol and Alpha and Beta Hydroxy acids for a period as advised by your dermatologist post-treatment.
- Ensure adequate hydration by drinking water regularly
- Avoid scratching or rubbing the treated area to prevent irritation and facilitate healing.
- Use a gentle, non-irritating moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated, as recommended by your dermatologist.
- Avoid using harsh facial scrubs or exfoliants on the treated area.
Some benefits of microdermabrasion include:
- A safe, non-surgical skin rejuvenation procedure that typically causes minimal discomfort.
- The side effects associated with the procedure are minimal.
- Generally effective for all skin types including sensitive, sun-damaged and acne-prone skin.
- It offers deep pore cleansing and also firms the skin tissues.
- Promotes blood circulation, which can be beneficial for skin health and appearance.
- Offers immediate results.
Many individuals notice an improvement in their skin after the first treatment, but results can vary based on individual skin types and conditions. The outcomes of microdermabrasion treatments can be long-lasting, but periodic maintenance treatments may be necessary for sustained results.
Microdermabrasion Cost in Dubai
The cost of Microdermabrasion varies depending on individual needs and the number of sessions required. On average, cost of microdermabrasion in Dubai starts from 750 AED. However, for the exact cost, you should consult with our experts.
Get A Consultation
For more detailed information about microdermabrasion in Dubai, consider scheduling a consultation at our clinic. We offer an initial consultation to all our new and existing patients. You can fill the form given below to book your appointment for a consultation. Our experts are always available to guide you about the treatment and will answer all your questions.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest