Factors like aging, gravity, weight gain, and weight loss can take their toll on your appearance. And the first thing that usually gets affected in the process is your body contours. More specifically, many individuals end up having a flatter-looking backside, primarily due to the lack of volume in the buttocks or the accumulation of fat in the surroundings.
The good news is you can enhance or restore the volume of your buttocks using the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL).
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Brazilian Butt Lift
- 2 What Are The Aims Of BBL?
- 3 Who Is The Ideal Candidate For A BBL?
- 4 Pre-Op Instructions
- 5 Procedure
- 6 Recovery
- 7 Post-Op Instructions
- 8 Results
- 9 Brazilian Butt Lift Benefits
- 10 Cost of BBL
- 11 What Should You Ask Your Surgeon?
- 12 What are Other Butt Augmentation Procedures that Use Autologous Fat Grafting?
- 13 Brazilian Butt Lift FAQs
- 14 Our Surgeons
- 15 Free Consultation
What is a Brazilian Butt Lift
A Brazilian butt lift, or safe subcutaneous buttock augmentation (SSBA), is a surgical procedure that augments the shape and size of your buttocks using autologous fat transfer. During this procedure, a surgeon removes excess fat from the abdomen, thighs, love handles, and lower back using liposuction and strategically injects some of this fat into the buttocks. Not only does a Brazilian butt lift make your buttocks shapelier and more rounded, but it also improves the contours of the donor areas by reducing excess fat.
What Are The Aims Of BBL?
A Brazilian butt lift generally aims to:
- Increase the size of the buttocks
- Make the buttocks look fuller and more lifted
- Reduce fat from the abdomen, lower back, hips, and thighs
- Improve overall body figure and aesthetics
- Make flat and small buttocks perkier
- Restore self-confidence
Who Is The Ideal Candidate For A BBL?
A Brazilian butt lift can help individuals from all walks of life achieve their body aesthetic goals. However, due to the surgical nature of this procedure, some candidacy criteria must be met.
To qualify for a Brazilian butt lift, you have to make sure that:
- You are in good overall health.
- You are a non-smoker or at least willing to stop smoking six weeks before and after the treatment.
- You have under-sized buttocks.
- You desire an enhancement in your body contours that you feel hasn’t been achieved with diet and exercise alone.
- You have sufficient fat in the donor areas.
- You have realistic expectations of the treatment and its results.
Your doctor will give you pre-op guidelines to help you prepare for your BBL surgery. Some of those guidelines are as follows:
- Get all your medical and lab tests done.
- Stop smoking 4-6 weeks before the procedure.
- Avoid foods, medicines, and supplements that increase the risk of bleeding. You will probably be asked to avoid ibuprofen, Motrin, Naproxen, aspirin, and supplements that contain vitamin E, omega-3, and fish oil in higher proportions.
- Avoid eating or drinking after midnight before surgery.
- Arrange comfortable, loose-fitting clothes for the surgery day.
A Brazilian butt lift is performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia according to the surgeon’s recommendation and the extent of the procedure.
Here are the steps involved in a Brazilian butt lift procedure:
Liposuction for Fat Extraction
The first step of the BBL procedure is liposuction, which helps extract the required amount of your body fat to be transferred to the buttocks area. The surgeon makes small incisions in the abdomen, thighs, lower back, or other body areas where excess fat is present. Then, a thin cannula is inserted under the skin and moved back and forth to break up fat cells. The broken fat is suctioned out using a vacuum device or syringe.
The extracted fat is processed in a lab setting to prepare fat grafts. This process involves the removal of blood, fluids, cell fragments, and oil from the harvested fat. The remaining fat is optimized for injections to be administered in the buttock region.
In the final step, autologous fat is injected into the backside of the thighs and areas over the gluteal muscles. These injections target multiple anatomical layers, such as intramuscular, subfacial, and subcutaneous. The amount of fat injected into the target area typically ranges from 500ml to 1500ml, but this can vary depending on the individual and the desired outcome.
After the Brazilian butt lift procedure, you will likely experience bruising, swelling, and discomfort in the liposuction and injection sites for a few days. There may also be a liquid discharge from the treated areas. You can start light walking after a few days and return to work in a week or two.
Significant recovery is usually achieved in six to eight weeks. After that, you may resume regular exercise. You will likely have a full recovery in two to three months.
It is important to note that the recovery duration may vary from person to person, as everyone’s body is unique. To ensure smoother recovery, ensure to follow your doctor’s instructions.
The aim of post-op care is to help you avoid complications and get the best outcome after a Brazilian butt lift. Your surgeon may ask you to abide by some instructions in this regard. Those instructions include the following:
- Avoid sleeping on your back or sides for 10-14 days after surgery.
- Be sure not to sit on your buttocks for 10-14 days.
- Avoid direct sunlight to the incisions for a month.
- Take the medication your doctor prescribes. Post-BBL medications are generally meant to relieve discomfort and nausea and prevent constipation.
- Stick to a low-fat diet until you no longer feel nauseated. Only take clear liquids for the first few hours after surgery. You may advance to solid foods gradually.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water for the first few days after surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about two weeks after surgery. You may, however, resume your routine activities after a few days.
- Avoid swimming pools and hot tub baths for at least three weeks or until your surgeon approves.
The initial changes from a Brazilian butt lift are usually visible immediately after the treatment. The fat injected in and around the buttocks volumizes the backside instantly. However, these initial results are typically influenced by swelling and the presence of BBL compression garments.
As the swelling decreases, there is a noticeable reduction in the buttocks’ size. Moreover, the body reabsorbs some of the injected fat, further reducing the volume. The final results of the BBL treatment are typically visible six months after the procedure.
A Brazilian butt lift results in a more rounded, curvy backside that adds nicely to your overall body aesthetics. Besides enhancing your figure, this buttock augmentation surgery also improves your body image.
The results of BBL may last several years, or even a decade, without requiring a follow-up session.
Brazilian Butt Lift Benefits
It is a very effective treatment that has several benefits. Some of these benefits include
- Gives your buttocks a well-rounded shape.
- Improves the curves of your waist and thighs.
- Improves your entire silhouette.
- Brazilian buttock lift uses your own body fat, and therefore, it has a lower risk of infection as compared to other methods.
- It requires less time for recovery and causes less discomfort and scarring.
- Liposuction of donor areas improves your body contours.
- It boosts your confidence and may even improve the quality of your life.
Cost of BBL
The starting price of a Brazilian butt lift in Dubai is around AED 30,000. The exact or final cost of the treatment can vary from person to person, mainly depending on the following factors:
- The amount of fat liposuctioned and moved to the buttocks area
- The patient’s preferences or requirements
- The surgeon’s expertise
- The clinic’s location and reputation
What Should You Ask Your Surgeon?
An informed decision can go a long way toward a successful Brazilian butt lift. A significant part of this decision-making process is asking your surgeon the right questions.
Here are the questions you should ask your surgeon before proceeding to the treatment:
- How many Brazilian butt lift procedures have you performed before?
- How many years of experience do you have as a surgeon?
- What are your surgical techniques when performing a BBL?
- How long will the surgery take, and what should I expect during recovery?
- What must I do post-surgery to avoid complications and ensure the best results?
What are Other Butt Augmentation Procedures that Use Autologous Fat Grafting?
Buttock Augmentation with Fat Transfer + Silicone Prosthesis (“Hybrid” Technique)
In the case of very slim patients, it is often not possible to obtain enough autologous fat for buttock augmentation. In these cases, combined buttock augmentation can be performed. With the help of an intramuscular buttock prosthesis, the projection of the buttocks backward is improved, and the feminine curves are improved laterally by autologous fat transfer.
Fat Transfer to Correct an Incipient Loss of Volume in the Buttocks (Gluteal Ptosis)
Corrections of age changes in the buttocks area can be reliably treated with autologous fat transplantation. Autologous fat is a very suitable filler material because – in contrast to substances foreign to the body – it does not lead to any allergies. The corrections can be repeated as often as you like until the perfect buttocks shape is achieved.
In contrast to silicone prostheses, fat is an endogenous substance that cannot lead to scarring in the sense of capsule formation. The buttocks will feel warm and natural.
Brazilian Butt Lift FAQs
How Can I Get Kim Kardashian's Butt?
A Brazilian Butt Lift is the best procedure that allows you to get Kim Kardashian’s Butt. This procedure provides your buttocks the desired appearance with an enhanced look. All you need is to follow the instructions provided by your surgeon and get the services of an experienced surgeon. This method is beneficial as it helps you achieve your goal with a very low rate of infection and improved contouring.
How Long Does Brazilian Butt Lift Results Last?
The results of the Brazilian Butt Lift last for a long time. They may last for more than the estimated time if you follow precautions properly. Also, you have to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle without indulging in the activities that lead you towards weight gain. Our board-certified surgeons help you in making your results long-lasting through their follow-up services and instructions.
Does it seem fake? Will I be able to tell the difference on myself?
The results of buttock augmentation in Dubai seem natural if you get the services of an expert surgeon. This is the reason, it is always recommended to be careful while selecting your surgeon. Others cannot tell if you have undergone a procedure.
Do I have to wear a compression garment after the procedure?
After getting a Brazilian butt lift in Dubai, you have to wear the compression garment for at least two weeks so that you get the best results. We will provide you the compression garment.
After how long I will be able to see the results?
Right after the procedure, you will be able to see the results. But, to notice exact and final results, you need to wait for a few weeks for the removal of bruising and swelling.
our qualified and DHA-licensed Brazilian Butt Lift Surgeon in Dubai
If you are looking for a treatment that will improve the appearance of your buttocks, a Brazilian butt lift is the best option. Our clinic offers this procedure with specialized staff and advanced technology at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic. To discover more about this procedure, call us at +971 4 348 5575 or book a consultation by filling out the form below.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest