What Is Laser Scar Removal?
Laser scar removal is a minimally-invasive procedure in which focused beams of light are used to treat the specific areas of your body. With this procedure, you can get rid of the pain, stop hair loss, and remove tumors and other related growth above or under your skin. Also, if you have scars as a result of pimples or any injury, it helps to remove their appearance.
Some people who have prominent scars on their face or legs may use cosmetic products like foundation and concealer to conceal any prominent scars that may make them feel conscious about themselves. Others might spend some cash to get surgical procedures to change the way their scars look and make them a little less noticeable. Laser scar removal in Dubai & Abu Dhabi depends on how big the scar is or where it is located. Treatments and procedures used by surgeons also depend on what type of scar they are dealing with. Visit our cost page to find out the cost of laser scar removal.
- 1. What Is Laser Scar Removal?
- 2. *Facts You Must Know
- 3. How the Procedure Is Performed?
- 4. Before & After
- 5. Types of Scars According to Skin Doctors
- 6. Are You A Candidate?
- 7. Different Scar Removal Treatments in Dubai
- 8. Our Surgeons
- 9. Advantages Of Laser Scar Removal
- 10. Scar Revision FAQ’s
- 11. How Much Does Scar Removal Cost
- 12. Postoperative Guidelines
- 13. When The Results Will Be Visible?
How the Procedure Is Performed?
The procedure is performed in an outpatient setting. A laser wand is used over your skin repeatedly so that dead skin cells can be removed and scars can be diminished. Following types of scars can be reduced by scar removal treatment in Dubai:
- Burn marks
- Age spots
- Injury scars
- Dark spots
- Acne scars
Before & After
Laser Scar Removal in Dubai and Abu Dhabi Before and After Photos.
No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Types of Scars According to Skin Doctors
- Acne Scar: this type of scar is caused by severe acne, which may occur during the puberty stage. Other women may experience severe scarring due to acne during the premenstrual stage which happens every month. The worst thing that could happen when acne scar is not taken care of immediately is that it can leave the skin bumpy or hollow.
- Keloid Scar: this is a type of scar that appears to be swollen and has a bump. It can occur due to heredity and is the most common among individuals with dark skin.
- Contracture Scar: this can be caused by trauma due to burns and appears to be a much tightened and plastic thin skin. Such scars can cause immobility and can affect muscles and nerves.
- Hypertrophic Scar: this is a type of scar that appears to be red and may have a little bump like that of a keloid.
Are You A Candidate?
Before heading towards the procedure, you have to know if you are a good candidate to get it or not. Your doctor may not recommend it to you because it includes specific light and heat that are not suitable for all. If you are on a particular medication, it may cause light sensitivity in you. So, it is highly recommended to ask your doctor before deciding anything.
Different Scar Removal Treatments in Dubai
- Topical creams and ointments which can be bought over the counter are the easiest way to get rid of scars. These are only advisable for small scars that were caused by cuts or wounds. Ask your skin doctor for prescriptions if the scar is caused by surgical procedures.
- Prescription creams that contain steroids can be prescribed by any surgeon or dermatologist. Patients are not advised to use any of these prescription creams without the help of their skin doctor because using medications such as steroids can cause harmful effects to the body.
- Silicone gel sheets can be used to treat the scars and are the best option for flattening keloid scars. This treatment is often used as preventive care, as well.
- Smaller keloid scars can be treated by using cryotherapy or freezing therapy using liquid nitrogen.
- Surgical removal for scar is the best option to treat deeper skin tissue scars, which can be caused by severe accidents and certain surgical procedures.
- Other scar removal treatments may also include skin graft, excision, dermabrasion, and laser procedure.
- Injections can also be used to treat scars such as steroids and collagen as skin fillers.
Advantages Of Laser Scar Removal
- Laser Scar Removal in Dubai is a non-surgical procedure by nature.
- Minimal risks.
- Less/no downtime.
- Long-lasting results.
How Much Does Scar Removal Cost
Your insurance may not cover this procedure because it is an elective procedure to fulfill your cosmetic needs. Different factors such as the size of scar, number of required sessions, desired results, and number of scars are involved while calculating the total cost. You should know the fact that you have to get multiple sessions to get the desired outcomes. So, if you would like to know the exact cost, you have to consult your doctor first.
No downtime is linked to the laser scar removal in Dubai, so you may get back to your work right after getting the treatment done. Hence, the recovery time may differ based on your treatment. It may take almost 3 to 10 days. You will get postoperative instructions from your doctor that will help you in healing. They will be specified according to the severity of your problem and other aspects. However, the following are some common guidelines. Have a look!
- Don’t go into direct sunlight for at least a week after the treatment.
- It’s good to avoid makeup for a few days.
- Reduce swelling by applying a moist cloth or cold pack.
- Moisturize your skin daily after washing it.
- Take prescribed medications as per instructions to reduce pain.
When The Results Will Be Visible?
It may take a few days to remove swelling and bruising, so results are not instant. You may wait for a few weeks or even months to notice a difference in your skin condition.
You should consult your doctor before undergoing laser scar removal in Dubai. Here, at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, we have made it quite easy for you. Fill the following form, and one of our experts will get back to you as soon as possible. You should select your dermatologist very carefully. All of our doctors are board-certified, so you can choose the one to get your procedure done. This session allows you to consider some important things accurately. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and schedule your consultation now!
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest