Laser scar removal is a minimally invasive procedure in which focused beams of light are used to treat the specific areas of your body. With this procedure, you can get rid of the scars that you might have got as a result of pimples or any injury.
Some people who have prominent scars on their face or legs may use cosmetic products like foundation and concealer to hide them. Others might spend some cash to get surgical procedures to change the way their scars look and make them slightly less noticeable. Laser scar removal in Dubai depends on how big the scar is or where it is located. Treatments used by surgeons also depend on what type of scar they are dealing with.
Table of Contents
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 Types of Scars
- 3 Are You A Candidate?
- 4 Procedure
- 5 Postoperative Guidelines
- 6 Other Scar Removal Treatments in Dubai
- 7 Machines Used
- 8 Our Dermatologists
- 9 Advantages Of Laser Scar Removal
- 10 How Much Does Laser Scar Removal Cost?
- 11 Recovery & Downtime
- 12 Results
- 13 Before & After
- 14 Get A Consultation
Types of Scars
- Acne Scar: This type of scar is caused by severe acne, which may occur during the puberty stage. Some women may experience severe scarring due to acne during the premenstrual stage that happens every month. Acne scars when not taken care of can leave the skin bumpy or hollow.
- Keloid Scar: It is a type of scar that appears to be swollen and has a bump. It can occur due to heredity factors and is the most common among individuals with dark skin.
- Contracture Scar: This scar is caused by trauma due to burns and appears to be a much tightened and plastic thin skin. Such scars can cause immobility and affect muscles and nerves as well.
- Hypertrophic Scar: this is a type of scar that appears to be red and may have a little bump like that of a keloid.
Are You A Candidate?
Before heading towards the procedure, you should know if you are a good candidate for laser scar removal Dubai or not. You can get laser scar removal if you have wide, thick, depressed, or unsightly scars.
Your doctor may not recommend a laser procedure to you because it includes specific light and heat that are not suitable for all. If you are on a particular medication, it may cause light sensitivity in you. So, it is highly recommended to ask your doctor before deciding anything.
The procedure is performed in an outpatient setting and a Fractional CO2 laser is used. During the procedure, a laser wand is used over your skin repeatedly so that dead skin cells can be removed and scars can be diminished. The following types of scars can be reduced by scar removal treatment in Dubai:
- Burn marks
- Age spots
- Injury scars
- Dark spots
- Acne scars
You will get postoperative instructions from your doctor that will help you in healing. The aftercare instructions will be specified according to the severity of your problem and other aspects. However, the following are some common guidelines. Have a look!
- Don’t go into direct sunlight for at least a week after the treatment.
- It’s good to avoid makeup for a few days.
- Reduce swelling by applying a moist cloth or cold pack.
- Moisturize your skin daily after washing it.
- Take prescribed medications as per instructions to reduce pain.
Other Scar Removal Treatments in Dubai
Apart from laser scar removal Dubai, there are many other treatment options as well.
- Topical creams and ointments that can be bought over the counter are the easiest way to get rid of scars. These are only advisable for small scars that are caused by cuts or wounds. Ask your skin doctor for prescriptions if the scar is caused by surgical procedures.
- Prescription creams that contain steroids can be prescribed by any surgeon or dermatologist. Patients are not advised to use any of these creams without the recommendation of their skin doctor because using medications such as steroids can cause harmful effects to the body.
- Silicone gel sheets can also be used to treat scars. They are the best option for keloid scar removal.
- Smaller keloid scars can be treated by using cryotherapy or freezing therapy using liquid nitrogen.
- Surgical scar removal is the best option to treat deeper skin tissue scars that can be caused by severe accidents and certain surgical procedures.
- Other scar removal treatments may also include skin grafting, excision and dermabrasion.
- Steroid Injections or collagen skin fillers can also be used to treat scars.
The devices used to perform laser scar removal treatment include;
- Deka SmartXide
- OGM Pollogen Legend
- KMed Ellisys
- AK International Dermapen 3
Advantages Of Laser Scar Removal
- Laser Scar Removal Dubai is a non-surgical procedure by nature.
- Minimal risks.
- Less/no downtime.
- Long-lasting results.
How Much Does Laser Scar Removal Cost?
Different factors are involved while calculating the total laser scar removal cost in Dubai. These factors include the size of the scar, the number of required sessions, desired results, and the number of scars, etc. You should know that you have to get multiple sessions to get the desired outcomes. So, if you would like to know the exact cost, you have to consult with an expert first. Also, your insurance may not cover this procedure because it is an elective procedure to fulfill your cosmetic needs. The average price of laser scar removal starts from AED 1000 which can vary depending on the treatment chosen.
Recovery & Downtime
No downtime is linked to laser scar removal in Dubai. You may get back to your work right after getting the treatment. The recovery time differs based on your treatment. It may take almost 3 to 10 days.
It may take a few days for the swelling and bruising to fade away, so results are not instant. You may wait for a few weeks or even months to notice a difference in your skin condition. The intended result of laser scar removal is to make the scar less noticeable (flatter, thinner, smoother, etc.).
Before & After
No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Get A Consultation
You should consult with your doctor before undergoing laser scar removal treatment in Dubai. Here, at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®, we have made it quite easier for you. You can consult with our experts by filling the form given below and getting your appointment fixed. All of our doctors are board-certified and help you in understanding the treatment. So, schedule your consultation now!
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest