Almost everyone gets dark spots on the skin because of the natural aging process and sun exposure. However, some people develop large areas of discoloration. These dark patches are the result of pigmentation that is caused by an increased amount of melanin – dark pigment – in the skin. Pigmentation can happen to anyone regardless of skin type and color and can occur in any area of the body. Sometimes, it also leads to hyperpigmentation which refers to the excessive production of melanin. But various skin pigmentation treatments are now available to treat these conditions and improve your skin’s appearance.
Table of Contents
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 Signs & Symptoms
- 3 Pigmentation Causes
- 4 Are you a Candidate?
- 5 Preparations
- 6 Pigmentation Treatment Options
- 7 Which Machines are Used?
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Treatment Benefits
- 10 Skin Pigmentation FAQs
- 11 Results
- 12 Before & After
- 13 Our Doctors
- 14 Get A Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very High Success Rate
Signs & Symptoms
No specific symptoms are associated with pigmentation. The discoloration will occur in the form of dark brown patches. Also, the skin becomes rough and dehydrated.
There are various causes of skin pigmentation which include:
- Excessive exposure to the sun.
- Hormonal changes.
- Certain medications.
Are you a Candidate?
You can be an ideal candidate for skin pigmentation treatment Dubai if you have the following skin conditions;
- Age Spots
- Damaged skin
Preparing your skin before getting the pigmentation treatment in Dubai is essential to get desired results. To prepare for the procedure, you have to follow the following instructions.
- Don’t take aspirin or other blood thinners.
- Get all the prescribed tests done.
- Use prescribed medicines on time.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
Pigmentation Treatment Options
Various treatment options are available for reducing the appearance of pigmentation. These options include:
- Topical medications: This option is suitable for the superficial pigmentation that affects the top layer of skin only. The topical agent that is usually used to treat pigmentation is hydroquinone. Other options include retinoids, kojic acid, and azelaic acid. Several lightening creams have these agents as ingredients.
- Oral medications: Oral medications are also a treatment option for pigmentation but they are suitable for certain kinds of discoloration only.
- Laser treatment: Laser treatment for skin pigmentation in Dubai is also effective for reducing the pigmentation marks on the skin. It not only removes the pigmented marks on the face but also promotes skin regeneration and collagen production. Various kinds of lasers are available, but alexandrite and fractional CO2 lasers are mostly used for treating pigmentation.
- IPL therapy: IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is the most modern form of light-based therapy. Besides a number of other conditions, it is also effective for treating hyperpigmentation. The light energy emitted by the IPL device is converted into heat energy that destroys melanin – the pigment in the skin that causes discoloration of the skin.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels are the most effective, non-invasive, and the best treatment for pigmentation. The procedure involves applying chemicals on the skin that peels off the upper layer of skin revealing new healthy and clear skin. Chemical peels are available in different strengths depending on the severity of condition.
Which Machines are Used?
The machines used to perform hyperpigmentation laser treatment are;
Hyperpigmentation treatment Dubai does not require any downtime and the recovery period is also short. You will be able to resume your daily routine just after the treatment. However, you may experience some side-effects that are temporary and subside in a couple of days. Dryness, redness and flaky patches are some common side-effects of chemical peeling. The recovery period and side-effects vary depending on the type of peel.
There are many benefits of skin pigmentation treatment in Dubai which include:
- It is a non-surgical treatment that is performed without using anesthesia.
- It is a pain-free procedure.
- No severe side-effects are associated with this treatment.
- No downtime is associated with the procedure, and recovery is also quick.
- The results become visible immediately after the treatment and are long-lasting.
Skin Pigmentation FAQs
What is pigmentation?
Pigmentation is a common dermatological condition in which the skin appears to be stained. It normally occurs due to excessive sun exposure which increases the production of melanin pigment in the skin. As the amount of melanin in the skin determines its color, the higher the concentration of melanin, the darker the skin. Apart from sunlight, there are many other factors too that increase melanin production in the skin which ultimately leads to pigmentation. These factors include aging skin and genetics.
What is hyperpigmentation?
Aging skin, sun exposure and genetics sometimes result in over-production of melanin and this condition is known as hyperpigmentation. It results in uneven skin tone, freckles and age spots. Hyperpigmentation is also an indication of damaged skin due to UV rays and needs to be treated as soon as possible.
What are the types of hyperpigmentation?
Melasma and lentigo are some forms of hyperpigmentation. Melasma refers to the brown or grey-brown patches on the face majorly on the cheeks, nose, chin and above the lips. On the other hand, lentigo refers to sunspots or liver spots.
Does laser pigmentation removal work?
Yes, laser pigmentation removal is an effective technique to treat hyperpigmentation. A variety of options are available for hyperpigmentation treatment Dubai but laser treatments are the best among all because they are non-invasive and quick. You can get rid of pigmentation completely in 3-6 sessions of laser treatment.
How to care for skin after the treatment?
You should avoid medications that include acetone and retinol.
Take prescribed medications only for any kind of discomfort.
Refrain from strenuous exercises.
Protect your skin from the sun and harmful UV rays.
Wear sunblock when going out.
Is laser pigmentation removal safe?
Yes, laser pigmentation removal Dubai is the safest option among all procedures. It offers effective and long-lasting results without harming the skin.
As a result of pigmentation treatment Dubai, you will get rid of all problems like hyperpigmentation, age spots, freckles and sun-damaged skin. In addition to this, you will get a rejuvenated, smoother, and younger skin. You will require at least 4-6 sessions to get optimum results.
Before & After
The outcome of the skin pigmentation treatment Dubai varies depending on the type of treatment you are selecting. The results are not permanent, and you will require repeated treatments. No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Get A Consultation
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® is one of the top names in the field of cosmetic and plastic surgery. You can contact us anytime to consult with our dermatologists regarding skin pigmentation treatment in Dubai. Fill in the following form, and one of our staff members will get back to you to book your appointment.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest