Almost everyone gets dark spots on the skin because of the natural aging process and sun exposure. However, some people develop large areas of discoloration. These dark patches are the result of pigmentation that is caused by an increased amount of melanin – dark pigment – in the skin. Pigmentation can happen to anyone regardless of skin type and color and can occur in any area of the body. Sometimes, it also leads to hyperpigmentation which refers to the excessive production of melanin. But various skin pigmentation treatments are now available to treat these conditions and improve your skin’s appearance.
Table of Contents
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 Signs & Symptoms
- 3 What are the causes of Hyperpigmentation?
- 4 Are you a Candidate?
- 5 Preparations
- 6 Pigmentation Treatment Options
- 7 Which Machines are Used?
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Treatment Benefits
- 10 Skin Pigmentation FAQs
- 10.1 What are the types of hyperpigmentation?
- 10.2 Does laser pigmentation removal work?
- 10.3 How to care for skin after the treatment?
- 10.4 Is laser pigmentation removal safe?
- 10.5 Can hyperpigmentation be cured completely?
- 10.6 Is there a Cream for Pigmentation?
- 10.7 What is the most effective treatment for hyperpigmentation?
- 11 Outcome
- 12 Our Doctors
- 13 Get A Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very High Success Rate
Signs & Symptoms
Dark areas on the skin are the main sign of skin pigmentation. The dark areas appear in the form of patches and their size and color can vary from person to person.
- The discoloration will occur in the form of dark brown patches.
- The skin also becomes rough and dehydrated.
What are the causes of Hyperpigmentation?
The primary cause of hyperpigmentation is excessive melanin production. Other causes of hyperpigmentation include:
- Hereditary – hyperpigmentation may occur due to biological inheritance. This may be the result of DNA transfer from your parents.
- Excessive exposure to the sun– The Sunlight compels the body to produce more melanin which may lead to hyperpigmentation.
- Hormonal changes – Estrogen and progesterone are responsible for hyperpigmentation. These hormones are produced during the menstrual cycle.
- Certain medications – Cytotoxic medicines, tetracyclines, and psychotropic drugs may cause hyperpigmentation. If you are taking regular medicines, you may discuss them with your dermatologist to rule out the chances of medication causing hyperpigmentation.
- Physical and Chemical Injuries – Pigemtnation that occurs after physical or chemical injuries is called Post-inflammatory pigmentation.
- Exposure to radiation – Cancer patients who are exposed to radiationS during chemotherapy is more prone to hyperpigmentation.
Are you a Candidate?
You can be an ideal candidate for skin pigmentation treatment if you have the following skin conditions;
- Hypo or hyperpigmentation
- Age Spots
- Sun damaged skin
Preparing your skin before getting the pigmentation treatment is essential to get desired results. To prepare for the procedure, you have to follow the following instructions.
- Don’t take aspirin or other blood thinners.
- Get all the prescribed tests done.
- Use prescribed medicines on time.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
Pigmentation Treatment Options
Various treatment options are available for reducing the appearance of pigmentation. These options include:
- Topical medications: This option is suitable for superficial pigmentation that affects the top layer of skin only. The topical agent that is usually used to treat pigmentation is hydroquinone. Other options include retinoids, kojic acid, and azelaic acid. Several lightning creams have these agents as ingredients.
- Oral medications: Oral medications are also a treatment option for pigmentation but they are suitable for certain kinds of discoloration only.
- Laser treatment: Laser treatment for skin pigmentation in Dubai is also effective for reducing pigmentation marks on the skin. It not only removes the red-pigmented marks on the face but also promotes skin regeneration and collagen production. Various kinds of lasers are available, but alexandrite and fractional CO2 lasers are mostly used for treating pigmentation.
- IPL therapy: IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is the most modern form of light-based therapy. Besides a number of other conditions, it is also effective for treating hyperpigmentation. The light energy emitted by the IPL device is converted into heat energy that destroys melanin – the pigment in the skin that causes discoloration of the skin.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels are the most effective, non-invasive, and best treatment for pigmentation. The procedure involves applying chemicals on the skin that peels off the upper layer of skin revealing new healthy and clear skin. Chemical peels are available in different strengths depending on the severity of the condition.
- Microdermabrasion – Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic treatment that uses an abrasive instrument to gently sand the out layer of the skin. It is an effective treatment to get rid of skin discoloration and sun damage.
Which Machines are Used?
The machines used to perform hyperpigmentation laser treatment are;
Hyperpigmentation treatment does not require any downtime and the recovery period is also short. You will be able to resume your daily routine just after the treatment. However, you may experience some side effects that are temporary and subside in a couple of days. Dryness, redness, and flaky patches are some common side-effects of chemical peeling. The recovery period and side effects vary depending on the type of peel.
There are many benefits of skin pigmentation treatment in Dubai which include:
- It is a non-surgical treatment that is performed without using anesthesia.
- It is a pain-free procedure.
- No severe side effects are associated with this treatment.
- No downtime is associated with the procedure, and recovery is also quick.
- The results become visible immediately after the treatment and are long-lasting.
Skin Pigmentation FAQs
What are the types of hyperpigmentation?
Melasma and lentigo are some forms of hyperpigmentation. Melasma refers to the brown or grey-brown patches on the face majorly on the cheeks, nose, chin and above the lips. On the other hand, lentigo refers to sunspots or liver spots.
Does laser pigmentation removal work?
Yes, laser pigmentation removal is an effective technique to treat hyperpigmentation. A variety of options are available for hyperpigmentation treatment Dubai but laser treatments are the best among all because they are non-invasive and quick. You can get rid of pigmentation completely in 3-6 sessions of laser treatment.
How to care for skin after the treatment?
You should avoid medications that include acetone and retinol.
Take prescribed medications only for any kind of discomfort.
Refrain from strenuous exercises.
Protect your skin from the sun and harmful UV rays.
Wear sunblock when going out.
Is laser pigmentation removal safe?
Yes, laser pigmentation removal Dubai is the safest option among all procedures. It offers effective and long-lasting results without harming the skin.
Can hyperpigmentation be cured completely?
Although there are numerous treatment options for hyperpigmentation yet there is no guarantee that the hyperpigmentation will be completely cured. Some pigmentations faded on their own while others may need treatments.
Is there a Cream for Pigmentation?
Yes, there are many commercial creams available in the market. Make sure to consult your dermatologist before using any cream.
What is the most effective treatment for hyperpigmentation?
A topical cream called Hydroquinone is considered the most effective treatment for hyperpigmentation in Dubai.
The outcome of the skin pigmentation treatment in Dubai varies depending on the type of treatment you are selecting. The results are not permanent, and you will require repeated treatments. No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Get A Consultation
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic is one of the top names in the field of cosmetic and plastic surgery. You can contact us anytime to consult with our dermatologists regarding skin pigmentation treatment in Dubai. Fill in the following form, and one of our staff members will get back to you to book your appointment. To explore more about the location of Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, visit our address guide.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest