Mesotherapy is a cosmetic treatment that uses fine-needled injections of enzymes, vitamins, plant extracts, and hormones to help you achieve various aesthetic goals. This treatment generally helps:
- Reduce fat in certain body areas like the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, face, and arms
- Reduce cellulite
- Reduce skin laxity
- Lighten dark pigmentation of the skin
- Smoothen fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve body contouring
- Treat alopecia, a condition leading to hair loss
What is Mesotherapy Used to Treat?
Common applications of mesotherapy are as follows:
Mesotherapy for Skin Rejuvenation
Mesotherapy for skin rejuvenation usually involves injecting enzymes, herbal extracts, antioxidants, and other rejuvenating compounds. It can help reverse aging signs on the face, neck, and decolletage by stimulating collagen and elastin production, producing a firmer, smoother, and more revitalized skin appearance. It can also treat skin tone irregularities like sun damage and age spots, lighten dark circles, and improve hydration.
Mesotherapy for Hair Loss
Mesotherapy for hair involves injecting a cocktail of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals into the scalp. The goal is to nourish hair follicles in order to reduce hair thinning and slow down or stop hair loss.
Mesotherapy for Unwanted Fat and Cellulite
Mesotherapy for unwanted fat and cellulite often involves administering a customized cocktail of various compounds, such as phosphatidylcholine, multivitamins, and other substances. Also known as Meso Lipo, this mesotherapy technique promotes spot fat reduction by triggering lipolysis – the process of breaking down fat cells. It helps reduce cellulite and redefine body contours by targeting localized fat in areas like saddlebags, double chin, love handles, thighs, upper arms, upper and lower abdomen, and below the bra line.
How Does Mesotherapy Work?
The exact mechanism of Mesotherapy depends on the treatment goal. For instance:
- Mesotherapy for skin rejuvenation uses a mix of ingredients that stimulate collagen and elastin production and promote tissue regeneration.
- Mesotherapy for fat loss or cellulite reduction uses ingredients that break down fat cells at the target layer.
- Mesotherapy for hair improves circulation among scalp tissues, potentially improving follicular function.
Who is a Candidate?
Mesotherapy is usually suitable for individuals who want to:
- Rejuvenate their skin appearance by reducing fine lines, wrinkles, and pigmented spots
- Slow hair thinning and hair loss by rejuvenating follicles in the scalp
- Reduce cellulite to improve the appearance of dimpled skin
- Get rid of unwanted fat from certain body areas to enhance their silhouette
As a rule of thumb, to be a good candidate for Mesotherapy, you should be 18 years or older, in good health, and have realistic expectations from the treatment.
How is Mesotherapy Performed?
Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive treatment, usually performed by an aesthetician in an outpatient setting. For your comfort, they may apply a numbing solution before starting the procedure for your comfort.
During the procedure, you will receive a series of injections into the middle layer of the skin called the dermis via short needles. The injections, which are delivered manually or with a mechanical device, are introduced at different skin depths ranging from 1mm to 4mm. The contents of these injections depend on your treatment goals.
Your doctor may use the injections of the following solutions during a mesotherapy procedure:
- Hormones like thyroxin and calcitonin
- Enzymes like hyaluronidase and collagenase
- Prescription medications like antibiotics and vasodilators
- Minerals and vitamins
- Herbal extracts
Benefits of Mesotherapy
Here are the most salient benefits of mesotherapy:
- It is a minimally invasive treatment that leads to a shorter recovery and requires almost no downtime.
- It does not cause severe pain.
- It is suitable for most skin types.
- It fights skin aging and helps you look younger than your actual age.
- It improves the contouring of specific body areas by reducing localized fat.
How Long Does It Take To Recover From Mesotherapy?
You will need no downtime after Mesotherapy and, hence, can return to work immediately after the procedure. There may be some bruising, swelling, and redness, but these do not last long and cause little to no disruption to your routine tasks.
That said, your treatment provider may advise you to avoid strenuous physical activities for at least two days after a mesotherapy session. You may also be asked to avoid taking NSAIDs for about 48 hours.
Results of mesotherapy?
Prominent treatment results are generally visible two to three weeks after the procedure.
The longevity of mesotherapy results varies significantly based on the problem being treated and the patient’s commitment to maintaining the results.
How long do mesotherapy results last?
Here is a quick breakdown of how long the mesotherapy results may last in different scenarios:
- For skin rejuvenation – 12 to 18 months
- For hair loss and thinning – 12 to 18 months
- For cellulite reduction – three years
- For fat loss – long-lasting or maybe lifetime, depending on how well you maintain a healthy lifestyle
It is pertinent to note that individual results may vary from person to person, depending on the body response, age, skin condition, treatment area, lifestyle, and several other factors.
How Many Sessions Of Mesotherapy Are Needed?
The average number of mesotherapy sessions needed may range between three and ten, though more sessions may be required in some cases. Initially, the treatment sessions will be spaced 7-10 days apart, but this gap may be stretched to two weeks when the initial results are visible.
Who should avoid mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy may not be recommended for:
- Breastfeeding mothers
- Pregnant women
- Cancer patients
- Diabetic patients who are on insulin
- Patients who tend to show allergic reactions to any of the ingredients used in mesotherapy injections
- People with a history of paralysis
- Cardiac patients on medications
How much does Mesotherapy Treatment cost?
The average starting cost of Mesotherapy treatment in Dubai is AED 500. The exact price of the treatment may vary depending on the following factors:
- Problem being treated
- Ingredients used in mesotherapy injections
- Size of the treatment area
- The practitioner’s expertise
- Location and reputation of the treatment facility or clinic
Schedule A Consultation
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic offers a comprehensive range of mesotherapy options to help our valued clients achieve their rejuvenation goals. The treatment is provided by highly skilled, experienced skin doctors and dermatologists in the region. For more details or to book a consultation, call +971 4 348 5575 or fill out the form below.