A double chin may appear when the layer of fat around your neck begins to sag or you lose some muscles but it can be corrected. Laser Liposuction can be performed to eliminate the appearance of a double chin by removing the excess fat and tightening the loose skin on the targeted area. It also helps in enhancing the appearance of the neck and jowls.
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 Are You A Candidate?
- 3 Pre-Op Preparation
- 4 Complications
- 5 Double Chin Liposuction Procedure
- 6 Double Chin Liposuction Recovery
- 7 Post-Op Care
- 8 Double Chin Liposuction Results
- 9 Double Chin Liposuction FAQ’s
- 10 Our Surgeons
- 11 Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Are You A Candidate?
You can be an ideal candidate for double chin liposuction in Dubai if;
- You have excess fat beneath the chin.
- You don’t smoke.
- You are healthy both physically and mentally.
- You have realistic expectations from the procedure.
After an initial consultation with the surgeon, you will be given a few instructions to follow which are important to avoid any sort of risks during and after the liposuction procedure. Here are some common instructions for the patients;
- Stop smoking at least 3 weeks before the procedure as nicotine delays the healing procedure.
- Stop drinking alcohol and reduce caffeine intake.
- Follow the medications given by your surgeon.
The complications vary from one person to another. You should be careful in the selection of your surgeon to reduce complications. Following is a list of risks. Have a careful look!
- Risks linked to anesthesia
- Scarring but the chances are minimal as the incision is made under the chin
- Skin burn due to the use of tools
- Contour irregularities
- Skin necrosis
- Limited mobility is another side-effect for a temporary time period
Double Chin Liposuction Procedure
The procedure of double chin liposuction will not take longer than 1 to 2 hours for completion.
- The treatment area is numbed using local anesthesia.
- Afterward, your surgeon will make a small incision beneath the chin.
- A small cannula with a laser fiber is inserted into the marked area and is moved back and forth.
- The fat tissues are melted with the heat energy delivered by the lasers and these melted cells are drained out through the lymphatic system of the body.
- Incisions will be closed using sutures.
Double Chin Liposuction Recovery
It is a minimally invasive procedure that does not require a lengthy recovery period.
- You may feel pain and discomfort for 2 or 3 days.
- The treatment area might get red or swollen after the procedure.
- You need to rest for 5 to 6 days before going back to work.
- The stitches will be removed after 5 or more days.
As pre-treatment instructions are important to follow, aftercare is also important to make the recovery process smooth and comfortable. Your surgeon is likely to hand over a list of instructions at the time of leaving the clinic. These instructions may include;
- A compression garment will be given to wear around the chin and neck which helps in minimizing swelling.
- Take rest for at least a week.
- Avoid smoking for 2 weeks to heal quickly.
- You will be asked to avoid heavy lifting or strenuous activities for more than 2 weeks.
Double Chin Liposuction Results
The results of double chin liposuction will be visible after a few days when the swelling has gone down. The results are permanent but you will have to maintain a healthy diet regimen and exercise plan.
Double Chin liposuction in Dubai is your best way to go if you are looking for an effective treatment to get rid of a double chin. You can fill in the form below to schedule a free consultation with an expert liposuction surgeon at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest