Most times, a double chin may appear when you have lost a significant amount of weight. And to correct this, laser liposuction can be performed on the chin area to eliminate the appearance of the said double chin by removing the remaining excess fat and tightening the loose skin on that area. It also helps in enhancing the appearance of the neck and jowls as well.
- 1. *Facts You Must Know
- 2. Double Chin Removal Candidates
- 3. Pre-Op Preparation
- 4. Complications
- 5. Double Chin Liposuction Procedure
- 6. Double Chin Liposuction Recovery
- 7. Post-Op Care
- 8. Double Chin Liposuction Results
- 9. Double Chin Liposuction FAQ’s
- 10. Our Surgeons
- 11. Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Double Chin Removal Candidates
You can be an ideal candidate for a double chin liposuction if;
- You have excess fat beneath the chin.
- You don’t smoke.
- You are healthy both physically and mentally.
- You have realistic expectations from the procedure.
After an initial consultation with the surgeon, you will be given few instructions to follow which are important to avoid any sort of risks during and after the liposuction procedure. Here are some common instructions given to the patients.
- Stop smoking at least 3 weeks before the procedure as nicotine delays the healing procedure.
- Stop drinking alcohol and reduce caffeine intake.
- Follow the medications given by your surgeon.
The complications vary from one person to another. You should be careful in the selection of your surgeon to reduce complications. Hence, the following is a list of risks. Have a careful look!
- Risks linked to anesthesia
- Scarring, however, the chances are very minimal as the incision is made under the chin
- Skin burn due to the use of tools
- Contour irregularities
- Skin necrosis
- Limited mobility is another side-effect for a temporary time period
Double Chin Liposuction Procedure
- The procedure of liposuction on the double chin will not take longer than 1 to 2 hours.
- The treatment area will be numbed using a local anaesthetic.
- Afterward, your surgeon will make a small incision beneath the chin.
- A small cannula with a laser fiber is inserted into the marked area which is then moved back and forth.
- The fat tissues are melted with the heat energy delivered by the lasers and these melted cells are drained out through lymphatic system of the body.
- Incisions will be closed using sutures.
Double Chin Liposuction Recovery
It is a minimally invasive procedure that does not requires a lengthy recovery period.
- You may feel pain and discomfort for 2 or 3 days.
- Treatment area might be red and swollen after the procedure.
- You will need to take rest for 5 to 6 before going back to work.
- The stitch will be removed after 5 or more days.
As pre-treatment instructions are important to follow, after care is also important to make the recovery process smooth and comfortable. Your surgeon is likely to hand over a list of instructions at the time of leaving the clinic. These instructions may include;
- A compression garment will be given to wear around the chin and neck which helps in minimizing swelling.
- Take rest for at least a week.
- Avoid smoking for 2 weeks to heal quickly.
- You will asked to avoid any heavy lifting or strenuous tasks for more than 2 weeks.
Double Chin Liposuction Results
The results of a double chin removal will be visible after few days when the swelling has gone down. The results are permanent but you will have to maintain a healthy diet regimen and exercise plan.
If you are looking for the best treatment to get rid of a double chin, liposuction procedure is your best way to go. You can fill in the form below to schedule a free consultation with an expert liposuction surgeon at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery clinic.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest