A double chin is a cosmetic condition commonly occurring when a layer of excess fat forms under the chin, mainly due to weight gain and aging. It is also called submental fullness, as it ‘fills’ the area between the chin and neck, often forming a deep crease below the chin that creates the appearance of a secondary chin. It also distorts the neck and jawline contouring, affecting the aesthetic appearance adversely.
One of the most effective options to treat this problem in Dubai is double chin liposuction, a cosmetic surgery to eliminate submental fullness. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we offer double chin reduction treatments from highly skilled and experienced surgeons to help you achieve a finely chiseled chin and well-defined lower facial contouring.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Double Chin Liposuction?
- 2 Who Is A Good Candidate For Double Chin Liposuction In Dubai?
- 3 Chin Liposuction Procedure
- 4 Post-Op Care
- 5 Chin Liposuction Recovery
- 6 Benefits
- 7 Risks and Complications
- 8 Results of Double Chin Liposuction
- 9 Double Chin Liposuction Cost
- 10 Double Chin Liposuction FAQs
- 11 Our Surgeons
- 12 Book an Appointment
What is Double Chin Liposuction?
A double chin liposuction removes excess fat beneath the chin through suction. Its procedure involves a small incision through which a cannula is inserted to dislodge excess fat and then a tube to suction that fat out. The aim is to enhance the chin, neck, and jawline contouring in a way that improves your facial and neck appearance.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Double Chin Liposuction In Dubai?
A good candidate for double chin liposuction is someone:
- Who has excess fat beneath the chin affecting their facial aesthetics
- Who is in good overall health
- With elastic and firm skin
- Who doesn’t smoke or is willing to stop smoking for at least six weeks before and after the procedure
- With a stable body weight
- Who is willing to adhere to a healthy lifestyle
Chin Liposuction Procedure
Here are the steps involved in double chin liposuction:
- The surgeon will mark the treatment area with a pen to outline the sites for incision and fat removal.
- The treatment area will be cleaned with an antiseptic solution to prevent infection.
- Depending on the patient’s preferences or procedural requirements, the surgeon will administer local anesthesia with or without sedation.
- They will then make a small incision in the specified site to insert the liposuction cannula into the subcutaneous region.
- Next, the cannula will be inserted and moved back and forth or in a fanning pattern to break up excess fat. Once the target fat is separated, it will be removed using suction.
- After fat removal, the surgeon will apply bandages and dressings to support the skin during recovery.
A double chin liposuction can be combined with a facelift or neck lift. This combination treatment is most commonly provided to patients more likely to have excess loose skin in the neck after fat removal.
- Increase your fluid intake.
- Sleep with your head elevated for at least a few days.
- Avoid driving if you must take narcotic pain medication.
- You may wear makeup, but avoid it on the incision sites for at least a week.
Chin Liposuction Recovery
Double chin liposuction is less invasive than liposuction on a larger body area. Therefore, its recovery duration is relatively shorter and with fewer complications.
Since it is a surgical procedure, some swelling and discomfort in the treated region are expected. You may also feel tightness in the lower face and neck due to bruising and swelling.
The surgeon may place drainage tubes to remove excess blood and fluids. These tubes usually remain in place for 2-3 days.
The initial recovery after chin lipo can take a few days to a week, after which you may return to work. Your doctor may give you antibiotics during this period to accelerate healing. You will have discomfort in the treated region, which will reduce to a minimal level by the end of initial recovery.
Full or significant recovery is usually achieved in 4-6 weeks. By the end of this duration, you will have little to no swelling and bruising left in the region.
Here are some of the several benefits of double chin liposuction:
- It eliminates submental fullness in one session.
- Its procedure is quicker and less painful than other surgeries. And it may only require local anesthesia.
- Its results are more dramatic than most non-surgical chin reduction options.
- It gives you a nicely contoured and slimmer neck and jawline for many years, possibly a lifetime.
Risks and Complications
While safe for the most part, double chin liposuction does have some potential risks, such as the following:
- Fluid accumulation or blood clotting
- Anesthesia complications
- Hair loss around the incision
- Face becoming asymmetrical
- Longer-lasting pain or swelling
That said, the chances of these side effects can be significantly reduced if you get the treatment from a skilled surgeon. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, our surgeons and doctors follow the highest safety standards to keep the procedure and subsequent recovery complication-free.
Results of Double Chin Liposuction
Due to bruising and swelling, you will not notice a significant difference in appearance right after surgery. The initial results show up when some swelling subsides in a week or so, producing a slimmer, more sculpted appearance.
The appearance of the neck and chin continues to improve over the next few weeks. The final results of the treatment are usually visible after 5-6 weeks when most of the swelling and bruising subsides.
Double chin liposuction results are permanent in the sense that fat cells responsible for submental fullness are no longer there to regrow. However, fat accumulation around the treated region in the future can affect neck contouring.
Double Chin Liposuction Cost
The cost of double chin liposuction in Dubai starts from AED 10000. The exact treatment price may vary from case to case based on the following factors:
- The amount of fat beneath the chin
- Anesthesia cost
- The cost of lab tests and medications
- The surgeon’s skill and expertise
- The clinic’s location and reputation
Double Chin Liposuction FAQs
Is double chin liposuction safe?
Yes, the procedure is 100% safe as it is approved by the FDA.
Are the results permanent?
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that the results are permanent. But not in all cases. If you gain weight, the fat cells will again accumulate in your chin, developing a double chin again. So, you need to follow the diet plan instructed by your doctor.
Are there any scars?
You will not get any scar as a result of double chin liposuction. In case, there is any scarring, it will be temporary.
Is the procedure painful?
After getting the procedure, there is a possibility of experiencing mild pain or discomfort. In such situations, you need to take the prescribed medicines.
What is the recovery time?
You may get proper recovery within 10 days after the procedure. However, you need to follow the instructions of your surgeon to get the best results.
When will the results appear?
After almost 10 days, when you get rid of swelling, you will be able to observe a change in the structure of your face. This change will be positive and you will feel pleasant about yourself.
After how long I can go back to work?
Usually, we recommend our patients to get an off from their work for almost 10 days. However, if you get a combination of the procedures then you may need more days for rest. In such a case, the total number of days required for recovery depend on the procedure that you will get.
Book an Appointment
Get rid of submental fullness with Double Chin Liposuction at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, where we offer surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments using the best-quality equipment and from the hands of highly skilled, board-certified surgeons. For details, please call +971 4 348 5575. If you want to book a consultation online, fill in the form below.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest