*Facts You Must Know
|Cost of Treatment|
|Time Required||2-3 Hours|
|Recovery Time||2 Weeks|
|Success Rate||Very high Success Rate|
FUT hair transplant in Dubai is one of the available options for surgical hair restoration. It is best for those who are suffering from permanent hair loss – both male and female pattern baldness – and for the hair thinning patients as well. The procedure involves removing a linear strip of hair bearing skin from the baldness resistant areas of scalp for harvesting donor hair. The strip is then dissected carefully under powerful microscopes to obtain individual grafts, which are transplanted into the bald or thinning areas of the scalp.
Like any other hair transplant technique, FUT strip hair transplant also helps restore hair permanently. Since the donor hairs are taken from baldness resistant areas of the scalp, they do not fall out from the recipient area as well.No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Are you a Candidate?
You are a candidate for FUT strip hair transplant in Dubai if:
- You are mentally and physically healthy.
- You have been losing hair for five years or more.
- Your hair loss is not progressing anymore.
- You have sufficient donor hair supply.
- You do not have a tight scalp.
- You have lost hair permanently due to androgenic alopecia, trauma or burns.
- You are seeking an effective and economic way to permanently restore lost hair.
- You are ready to go under the knife to regain lost hair.
- You have realistic expectations about the results and complications of the surgery.
FUT Hair Transplant Goals
FUT Strip Hair Transplant is performed to:
- Help you regain a thicker head of hair.
- Allow you restore your youthful appearances.
- Improve the whole aesthetic of your face.
- Boost your self esteem and confidence.
FUT Hair Transplant Techniques
Follicular Unit Transplant does not involve any special technique for donor hair harvesting or implantation. It is a simple process that starts with strip removal from donor area and ends as the harvested grafts are implanted in the recipient area. However, surgeons do use their surgical skills in different ways to make the resulting scar least visible.
Preparing well for FUT strip hair transplant allows you to get the most out of the surgery. Here are things that you need to avoid prior to the surgery:
- Do not take blood thinners and aspirin containing pain medications for two weeks before surgery.
- Quit smoking 15 to 20 days prior to a hair transplant.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages and caffeinated drinks during the last week before your surgery.
- Fill all your prescriptions well in advance to avoid any last minute panicking.
- Get all the tests done at least 10 days prior to the surgery.
FUT Hair Transplant Procedure
- Step 1 – Surgeon will administer general anesthesia to keep your scalp numb during the surgery.
- Step 2 – Using a single-, double-, or triple-bladed scalpel, the surgeon will remove a linear strip of hair-bearing skin from the donor site – back or sides of the scalp.
- Step 3 – The donor area will be then closed by stitching the skin on the scalp.
- Step 4 – The strip is dissected carefully by the skilled team of technicians to obtain individual grafts of desired size.
- Step 5 – The recipient area is prepared by making tiny incisions using micro-sized blades or fine needles.
- Step 6 – The surgeon then carefully inserts each graft individually into these tiny incisions to complete the surgery.
FUT Hair Transplant Recovery
Recovery from FUT hair transplant is a little longer but is generally simple, safe and uneventful:
- A downtime of 5 to 7 days will be required.
- The recovery period is around 2 weeks.
- Complete recovery will take several months.
- Stitches or staples will be removed after the incision on the donor area has fully healed.
Here are some post-operative instructions that you must follow to enjoy a smooth recovery:
- Use cold compressions to manage pain and discomfort if any.
- Do not wash your hair for 24 to 36 hours after transplantation.
- Use prescribed pain medications only.
- Blood thinners should be avoided for 10 to 14 days after the surgery.
- Avoid taking aspirin or aspirin containing products for a couple of weeks following the surgery.
- Smoking should be avoided for 2 to 3 weeks after FUT hair transplant.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages and caffeinated drinks for 5 to 7 days post-transplant.
- Do not touch your scalp unnecessarily for at least a week.
- Do not pick or scratch at the scab. Let it come off naturally.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sunlight for a month or so.
FUT Hair Transplant Benefits
Some notable features of strip removal method are:
- Results of your surgery will be natural looking.
- Transplanted hair will last for the rest of your life.
- It is probably the safest donor hair harvesting technique.
- It causes minimum damage to the donor hair.
- Allows transplantation of more grafts in single session as compared to FUE transplant.
- It is the least expensive hair transplantation technique.
If you want to undergo FUT hair transplant in Dubai, Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is your way to go. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery offers FUT hair transplant in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah. Fill in the form above to get a free online consultation with one of our hair transplant experts.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest