FUT strip hair transplant is one of the available options for surgical hair restoration for both males and females. It is best for those who are suffering from permanent hair loss, pattern baldness, or hair thinning. The procedure involves removing a linear strip of hair-bearing skin from the baldness-resistant areas of the scalp to harvest donor’s hair. The strip is then dissected carefully under a powerful microscope to obtain individual grafts, which are then transplanted into the bald or thinning areas of the scalp.
Table of Contents
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 FUT Before & After Results
- 3 Are you a Candidate?
- 4 Goals
- 5 FUT Hair Transplant Techniques
- 6 Pre-op Preparation
- 7 Procedure
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Post-op Care
- 10 Benefits
- 11 Outcomes
- 12 Our Surgeons
- 13 FUT Hair Transplant FAQs
- 14 Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very High Success Rate
FUT Before & After Results
Like any other hair transplant technique, FUT strip hair transplant also helps restore hair permanently. Since the donor’s hair is taken from baldness-resistant areas of the scalp, they do not fall out from the recipient area. No guarantee is given as the results may vary from person to person.
Are you a Candidate?
You are a candidate for FUT strip hair transplant in Dubai if:
- You are mentally and physically healthy.
- You have been losing hair for five years or more.
- Your hair loss is not progressing anymore.
- You have a sufficient donor hair supply.
- You do not have a tight scalp.
- You have lost hair permanently due to androgenic alopecia, trauma, or burns.
- You are seeking an effective and economical way to permanently restore lost hair.
- You are ready to go under the knife to regain lost hair.
- You have realistic expectations regarding the results.
FUT Strip Hair Transplant treatment is performed to:
- Help you regain a thicker head of hair.
- Allow you to restore your youthful appearance.
- Improve the whole aesthetics of your face.
- Boost your self-esteem and confidence.
FUT Hair Transplant Techniques
Follicular Unit Transplant does not involve any special technique for harvesting or implanting donor hairs. It is a simple process that starts with strip removal from the donor area and ends as the harvested grafts are implanted in the recipient area. However, surgeons use their skills in different ways to make the resulting scar least visible.
Preparing well for FUT strip hair transplant surgery allows you to get the most out of the surgery. Here are the things that you need to avoid before the surgery:
- Do not take blood thinners and aspirin-containing pain medications for two weeks before surgery.
- Avoid consuming caffeinated drinks during the last week before your surgery.
- Fill all your prescriptions well in advance to avoid any last-minute panicking.
- Get all the tests done at least 10 days prior to the surgery.
- Step 1 – The surgeon will administer local anesthesia to keep your scalp numb during the surgery.
- Step 2 – Using a single, double, or triple-bladed scalpel, the surgeon will remove a linear strip of hair-bearing skin from the donor site (back or sides of the scalp).
- Step 3 – The donor area will be then closed by stitching the skin on the scalp.
- Step 4 – The strip is dissected carefully by a skilled team of technicians to obtain individual grafts of the desired size.
- Step 5 – The recipient area is prepared by administering local anesthesia again and making tiny incisions using micro-sized blades or fine needles.
- Step 6 – The surgeon then carefully inserts each graft individually into these tiny incisions to complete the surgery.
Recovery from the FUT hair transplant procedure is a bit longer but simple, safe, and uneventful.
- A downtime of 5 to 7 days will be required.
- The recovery period is around two weeks.
- Complete recovery will take several months.
- Stitches or staples will be removed after the incision on the donor area has fully healed.
Here are some post-operative instructions that you must follow to enjoy a smooth recovery from FUT Strip Hair Transplant:
- Use cold compresses to manage pain and discomfort, if any.
- Do not wash your hair for 24 to 36 hours after transplantation.
- Use prescribed pain medications only.
- Blood thinners should be avoided for 10 to 14 days after the surgery.
- Avoid taking aspirin or aspirin-containing products for a couple of weeks following the surgery.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks for 5 to 7 days post-transplant.
- Do not touch your scalp unnecessarily for at least a week.
- Do not scratch or pick at the scab. Let it come off naturally.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight for a month or so.
Some notable advantages of FUT hair transplant in Dubai are:
- The results of your surgery will be natural-looking.
- The transplanted hair will last for the rest of your life.
- It is probably the safest donor hair harvesting technique.
- It causes minimum damage to the donor’s hair.
- Allows transplantation of more grafts in a single session as compared to FUE transplant.
- It is the least expensive hair transplantation technique.
The procedure comes with outstanding results. You will get a head full of natural hair. No one will ever be able to recognize if you have gone through an invasive procedure to get your natural hair back. Furthermore, the results will be permanent. You will look younger and more beautiful than ever.
FUT Hair Transplant FAQs
Can I get FUT Hair Transplant while I am still losing hair?
Although hair restoration can be performed on a patient who is losing his hair, it is recommended not to have FUT hair transplant while you are still losing hair. The reason is that it will create an unnatural pattern of hair later in life. Besides that, you may not have enough donor hair to fix hair loss progression.
How many hair grafts would I need?
The number of hair grafts that a person would need to cover all the thinning areas depends upon the extent of balding and the size of the area under treatment. Only a surgeon can tell how many grafts are needed to create desired density in the affected area. To get an estimate of the required number of grafts, book a FREE CONSULTATION with our experts.
How can I get rid of the prominent linear scar caused by FUT Hair Transplant?
We offer scar revision surgery to help you camouflage and even completely hide the scar. The best way to get rid of the scar caused by strip method transplant is to regrow hair on the scar with FUE or Stem Cell FUE Hair Transplantation.
What is the cost of FUT Hair Transplant?
There is no fixed cost for any hair transplant method. However, people prefer getting surgical hair restoration treatments in Dubai because the prices here are quite affordable. The starting price of FUT is AED 10 per graft, but again it varies from one surgeon to another, depending upon the experience and reputation of the surgeon.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic offers the latest FUT hair transplant if you want to undergo it for a natural hairline. We offer a free initial consultation to all our patients. Fill in the form given below and get a chance to consult with our expert hair transplant surgeons.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest