FUT strip hair transplant is one of the available options for surgical hair restoration for both male & female. It is best for those who are suffering from permanent hair loss – male and female pattern baldness – and hair thinning as well. The procedure involves removing a linear strip of hair-bearing skin from the baldness-resistant areas of the scalp for harvesting donor hair. The strip is then dissected carefully under a powerful microscope to obtain individual grafts, which are then transplanted into the bald or thinning areas of the scalp.
- 1. *Facts You Must Know
- 2. FUT Before & After Results
- 3. Are you a Candidate?
- 4. FUT Hair Transplant Goals
- 5. FUT Hair Transplant Techniques
- 6. Pre-op Prepration
- 7. FUT Strip Hair Transplant Procedure
- 8. FUT Hair Transplant Recovery
- 9. Post-op Care
- 10. FUT Strip Hair Transplant Benefits
- 11. Complications
- 12. Outcomes
- 13. Our Surgeons
- 14. FUT Hair Transplant FAQ’s
- 15. Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
FUT Before & After Results
Like any other hair transplant technique, FUT strip hair transplant in Dubai also helps restore hair permanently. Since the donor’s hair are taken from baldness-resistant areas of the scalp, they do not fall out from the recipient area as well. No guarantee is given as the results may vary from person to person.
Are you a Candidate?
You are a candidate for FUT strip hair transplant in Dubai if:
- You are mentally and physically healthy.
- You have been losing hair for five years or more.
- Your hair loss is not progressing anymore.
- You have sufficient donor hair supply.
- You do not have a tight scalp.
- You have lost hair permanently due to androgenic alopecia, trauma, or burns.
- You are seeking an effective and economical way to permanently restore lost hair.
- You are ready to go under the knife to regain lost hair.
- You have realistic expectations regarding the results.
FUT Hair Transplant Goals
FUT Strip Hair Transplant treatment is performed to:
- Help you regain a thicker head of hair.
- Allow you to restore your youthful appearance.
- Improve the whole aesthetics of your face.
- Boost your self-esteem and confidence.
FUT Hair Transplant Techniques
Follicular Unit Transplant does not involve any special technique for donor hair harvesting or implantation. It is a simple process that starts with strip removal from the donor area and ends as the harvested grafts are implanted in the recipient area. However, surgeons use their surgical skills in different ways to make the resulting scar least visible.
Preparing well for FUT strip hair transplant surgery allows you to get the most out of the surgery. Here are the things that you need to avoid before the surgery:
- Do not take blood thinners and aspirin-containing pain medications for two weeks before surgery.
- Quit smoking 15 to 20 days prior to a hair transplant.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages and caffeinated drinks during the last week before your surgery.
- Fill all your prescriptions well in advance to avoid any last-minute panicking.
- Get all the tests done at least 10 days prior to the surgery.
FUT Strip Hair Transplant Procedure
- Step 1 – Surgeon will administer local anesthesia to keep your scalp numb during the surgery.
- Step 2 – Using a single-, double-, or triple-bladed scalpel, the surgeon will remove a linear strip of hair-bearing skin from the donor site – back or sides of the scalp.
- Step 3 – The donor area will be then closed by stitching the skin on the scalp.
- Step 4 – The strip is dissected carefully by the skilled team of technicians to obtain individual grafts of the desired size.
- Step 5 – The recipient area is prepared by administering local anesthesia again and making tiny incisions using micro-sized blades or fine needles.
- Step 6 – The surgeon then carefully inserts each graft individually into these tiny incisions to complete the surgery.
FUT Hair Transplant Recovery
Recovery from new FUT hair transplant procedure is a little longer but is generally simple, safe, and uneventful.
- A downtime of 5 to 7 days will be required.
- The recovery period is around two weeks.
- Complete recovery will take several months.
- Stitches or staples will be removed after the incision on the donor area has fully healed.
Here are some post-operative instructions that you must follow to enjoy a smooth recovery from FUT Strip Hair Transplant in Dubai:
- Use cold compresses to manage pain and discomfort, if any.
- Do not wash your hair for 24 to 36 hours after transplantation.
- Use prescribed pain medications only.
- Blood thinners should be avoided for 10 to 14 days after the surgery.
- Avoid taking aspirin or aspirin-containing products for a couple of weeks following the surgery.
- Smoking should be avoided for 2 to 3 weeks after FUT hair transplant.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages and caffeinated drinks for 5 to 7 days post-transplant.
- Do not touch your scalp unnecessarily for at least a week.
- Do not pick or scratch at the scab. Let it come off naturally.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight for a month or so.
FUT Strip Hair Transplant Benefits
Some notable advantages of strip removal method are:
- The results of your surgery will be natural looking.
- The transplanted hair will last for the rest of your life.
- It is probably the safest donor hair harvesting technique.
- It causes minimum damage to the donor’s hair.
- Allows transplantation of more grafts in a single session as compared to FUE transplant.
- It is the least expensive hair transplantation technique.
FUT hair transplant Dubai comes with various complications because it requires cuts and stitches to perform. You should select this procedure only when you need dense hair on your scalp. The complications may include;
- Pain in Stitches
- Excessive scarring
- More time in recovery
The procedure comes with outstanding results. You will get a head full of natural hair. No one will ever be able to recognize if you have gone through an invasive procedure to get your natural hair back. Furthermore, the results will be long-lasting. You will look younger and more beautiful than ever.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery offers the latest FUT hair transplant in Dubai, if you want to undergo it for a natural hairline. Fill in the form to get a free consultation with one of our hair transplant experts.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest