Are you looking for effective ways to treat your hyperpigmentation, rosacea, acne scars, and other related conditions? It’s time to end your worries as Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic is providing you with the amazing IPL procedure. Intense Pulse Light has gained immense popularity over time. Some other procedures are also available in the market to provide you similar benefits, but IPL is preferred among all due to its numerous benefits. Read on to know the procedure, candidacy criteria, benefits, and other important information regarding the treatment.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is IPL?
- 2 Intense Pulse Light Goals
- 3 Are You A Candidate?
- 4 Preoperative Instructions
- 5 Procedure
- 6 Postoperative Instructions
- 7 Our Dermatologists
- 8 Results And Recovery
- 9 Why Should You Get IPL?
- 10 IPL Skin Care FAQs
- 11 Schedule A Consultation
What Is IPL?
IPL, also known as flashlamp therapy, is a non-ablative and non-invasive procedure that utilizes a specific amount of visible light pulses to boost your appearance as per your desire. High-intensity light pulses are used during the procedure. Following are the skin problems that can be treated through IPL;
- Age marks
- Wrinkles & fine lines
- Reduction of undesired hair
- Broken facial veins, rosacea, rosy cheeks, red threads veins of the legs, port wine stains, and other vascular lesions.
- Stretch marks
Intense Pulse Light Goals
You may get the procedure to achieve any of the following goals;
- Rejuvenate your skin
- Achieve a more youthful appearance
- Remove spots and scars from the skin
- Boost the confidence
- Improve the quality of life
Are You A Candidate?
Before getting any treatment, you need to know if you are a good candidate for the procedure or not. Our experts will guide you about the candidacy criteria for the IPL treatment. Following are some of the basic points that you may consider.
You are a good candidate if you;
- Seek to reduce tanning and improve skin tone.
- Have a realistic understanding of the procedure’s outcomes.
- Wish to eliminate discoloration, minimize wrinkles, reduce your pore size, enhance the skin texture, or achieve any other related goal.
- Have stretch marks or acne, and you want to get rid of them.
Following pre-op instructions is very important if you want to get the best results. Some of the major preparative instructions are;
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 4 weeks before your surgery as it is essential to keep your skin safe from ultraviolet rays.
- Avoid certain topical medications as advised by your doctor.
- Do not use aspirin or any other blood thinners.
- Keep using the medicines prescribed by your doctor.
- Let your doctor know if you have any kind of allergies.
The practitioner needs to be highly experienced, as it is imperative to ensure safety during the procedure. This will help ensure the best possible results. Be very careful in choosing the expert for the intense pulse light therapy in Dubai.
Typically, anesthesia is not required, but a topical numbing cream may be used for comfort. After that, the laser is applied to the targeted area in a specific direction by keeping the level of severity into consideration. The IPL device emits light that is absorbed by target areas, which can stimulate collagen production and treat pigmentation.
Multiple sessions are typically required to achieve the desired results, often ranging from 4 to 6 sessions. However, our doctor can tell you better after a proper analysis.
Here, it is essential to consider that getting the procedure successfully isn’t enough. You need to follow the postoperative instructions to get the best possible outcomes. Have a look at some essential aspects.
- After the procedure, you can use ice packs to help reduce swelling and minimize bruising.
- You may also apply aloe Vera gel or any other soothing cream to the targeted area.
- Get a cool shower or bath to get relief.
- Don’t scrub or rub the targeted area.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for almost 3 to 4 weeks after the procedure. The use of a good sunblock is recommended if you need to go out.
- Avoid strenuous activities and swimming until any redness or swelling has subsided.
- Use the prescribed topical cream on the treated area.
Results And Recovery
If you have followed all of the instructions carefully, you will get outstanding results. The recovery process of the procedure is very short, but still, you need to be careful for some days. Redness in the treated area after the procedure is normal and typically resolves on its own. Results may gradually appear over the course of several days to weeks, as the skin heals and rejuvenates.
However, your experience may differ based on your IPL treatment. For instance, it may take less time to remove your redness if you got the procedure for stimulating collagen growth. But more time is required if you got the treatment for acne. Hence, in all cases, our doctor will instruct you properly. Furthermore, you need to adhere to the fact that the use of sunscreen is necessary to get fast and the best results.
Why Should You Get IPL?
Some of our patients ask the question ‘why should I get IPL?’ The answer is simple. Its numerous benefits make it one of the best methods to treat acne scars. Some of the major benefits include;
- It can treat a number of skin problems.
- The procedure is cost-effective.
- Less recovery time.
- Minimal side effects.
- Short procedure.
- Minimal to no damage to the upper layer of your skin.
- Helps you boost your confidence.
- Makes your skin rejuvenated.
IPL Skin Care FAQs
Does Intense Pulse Light hurt?
Most people describe Intense Pulse Light as a warming sensation that is similar to the feeling one gets after a day at the beach. So, it typically does not cause significant pain.
What is the difference between IPL and Laser?
While both treatments utilize light wavelengths, IPL employs a broad spectrum, and lasers use a single wavelength for more targeted treatment.
Schedule A Consultation
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic has made it easier for you to get the answers to all your queries. You can book an initial consultation with our experts. We do care about the requirements of our patients and are considered one of the best clinics to offer Intense Pulse Light treatment in Dubai. All you need to do is fill the following form, and one of our staff members will get back to you shortly to book your consultation.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest