Lower Body Lift
A lower body lift is a surgical procedure performed to improve the appearance of the lower body which has sagging skin. The sagging skin can be a result of ageing, rapid weight gain or loss. A lower body lift surgery improve the contours of the buttocks, hips, abdomen, waistline, outer and inner thighs and tightens the skin.
Lower Body Lift Goals
A lower body lift aims to;
- Sculpt the lower body areas including; abdomen, buttocks, hips, waistline and thighs
- Reposition the underlying skin tissues
- Tighten the skin
Lower Body Lift Candidates
You may consider a lower body lift surgery if;
- You have lost weight dramatically which has left your skin loose and sagging
- You have excess fat deposits in the lower body
- You have excess skin tissues in the lower body
- You are near your average weight
- You are not a smoker
- You are not suffering from a chronic medical condition
- You have realistic expectations from the surgery
Your plastic surgeon will hand you over a list of instructions that you need to follow in order to make the healing process quick and comfortable.
- If you smoke, you will be asked to stop smoking for at least 3 weeks before the procedure
- You will have to follow a healthy diet regimen, incorporate more protein in the diet.
- Avoid taking blood thinning medications to
Lower Body Lift Procedure
A lower body lift is usually performed under a general anesthetic administration. The treatment area is marked. Afterward, the plastic surgeon makes the incisions in the marked areas and excess skin and fat is trimmed and underlying skin tissues are repositioned. The incisions are closed after making the required alterations. The treated area is dressed with the bandages.
Lower Body Lift Recovery
The recovery period after a lower body lift may vary from patient to patient depending on their health and the treatment plan.
- You will experience more discomfort and pain for 3 to 4 days after the surgery which can be controlled with medications.
- Drainage tubes will be placed under the skin for few days.
- Stitches will be removed after a week or more.
As you are given a list of instructions at the time of consultation before the surgery, you will be given a list of instructions at the time of discharge from the clinic after the surgery.
- Take good rest for at least two weeks.
- Do not perform any strenuous tasks
- Avoid smoking to heal quickly
- Take care of the drainage tubes and bandages
- Maintain a healthy diet regimen
- Follow prescribed medications regularly
Lower Body Lift Results
A lower body lift surgery results into a toned and well-contoured lower body and the results are permanent. However, you will have to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen.
If you are looking for a lower body lift procedure, you can book a consultation at our clinic to discuss the surgical procedure in detail with an expert body contouring surgeon. Fill in the given form to get a free consultation.
Fill in the form to get Free Consultation