Do you have several anti-aging creams to treat your age spots but none of them has worked so far? It’s time to undergo Dermabrasion to get rid of acne scars and other skin problems. However, you need to know the goals, procedure, and benefits related to the treatment before getting it. Let’s figure out the reality of this procedure in light of the information provided by our board-certified doctors.
Table of Contents
What is Dermabrasion?
It refers to an exfoliating technique that utilizes a rotating device to remove the outer layer of the skin. As a result, new skin layers get exposed that give you a refreshed and smoother look. Dermabrasion can treat your acne scars, age spots, fine lines, wrinkles and precancerous skin patches and gives you a youthful appearance in return.
Dermabrasion has the following goals;
- To make your skin spotless, smooth, and clear.
- To treat acne scars that have appeared on your face due to any reason.
- To get more rejuvenated skin.
You need to prepare your skin before getting a Dermabrasion treatment. In this way, it will be possible for you to get the best results. Our experts will let you know about the important preoperative instructions based on your case. However, the following are some of the main guidelines that you need to follow.
- Avoid the use of blood thinners (Consult with your doctor).
- Inform your doctor of any allergies or allergic conditions you may have.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure for at least two weeks before the treatment.
- Continue taking your prescribed medications unless advised otherwise by your doctor.
- Get your tests done if prescribed by the doctor.
Dermabrasion is performed in a medical setting, and only experienced dermatologists can perform it. Local anesthesia is administered to numb the specific area. However, In cases of extensive treatment, general anesthesia may be administered. The time required to perform this procedure may range from a few minutes to an hour. The doctor gently abrades the outer layer of your skin by using a burr or brush that contains diamond particles on it. The procedure continues until and unless your scars become less visible. After that, ointment and dressing are applied to the skin.
Care after the procedure is essential to recover quickly and obtain the best possible results. Have a look at some of the common instructions that you need to follow after dermabrasion.
- Apply the topical cream to the specific area.
- If you feel burning or discomfort, use cooling compresses to get relief, but only as directed by your dermatologist.
- Sleep with your head elevated.
- If you feel irritation, use a lubricant
- Avoid direct sun exposure. Using sunblock is beneficial in this regard.
You may experience irritation, redness, or swelling in the targeted area after the treatment. Though the recovery period is short, it can be shorter if you follow postoperative instructions properly. The recovery time for Dermabrasion depends on the depth and size of the area where you have got the procedure. If your issue is severe, it may take more time than usual. Your skin becomes photosensitive so avoid direct sun exposure. Your dermatologist may prescribe painkillers to manage pain and reduce the risk of bruising after the procedure.
When you get the final results, you will feel amazing and outstanding. But for that, you need to show some patience. The skin typically takes about 5-7 days to begin regenerating. The newly formed skin may look red or pink but it mixes up with the already existing skin tone within 12 weeks of the treatment. You will get rejuvenated, fresh, smooth and scarless skin after the treatment.
- Clean the treated area gently several times a day to prevent infection, following your dermatologist’s instructions.
- Change your dressings and ointments regularly. It will promote the process of healing.
- Another precautionary measure is to protect your skin from direct exposure to the sun.
Why Choose Dermabrasion?
Dermabrasion helps in healing your damaged skin. Moreover, it has several other advantages which make it one of the best skin treatments. It treats scars, fine wrinkles, age spots, redness, tattoos (may not be effective for all types of tattoos), sun damage, uneven skin tone, and other skin problems. Furthermore, it can help provide a more youthful appearance to the skin.
Your skin will become smoother as a result of the dermabrasion procedure. Furthermore, You may achieve rejuvenated and younger-looking skin. However, multiple sessions are required to maintain results.
Dermabrasion cost in Dubai differs from one patient to another because it depends on variable factors. These factors include the condition of the skin, requirements of the patient, the location of the clinic and the expertise of the skin specialist. Therefore, you should consult with an expert to know the exact cost.
Schedule A Consultation
It is preferable to consult with a dermatologist before undergoing a dermabrasion. Discuss all the available options with the expert and then make a decision. As the skin and the requirements of every person are different, you should hire a certified and experienced dermatologist. Here, at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, all our dermatologists are board-certified. Fill in the form given below and book your appointment with our experts.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest