Reduction mammoplasty or Breast reduction surgery in Dubai is a surgical procedure performed to reduce breast size, remove extra fat and skin, and reshape asymmetric breasts. During the surgery, the surgeon also ensures that the areola and nipple are in their appropriate place.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Breast Reduction?
- 2 Benefits of Breast Reduction Mammoplasty
- 3 Who is an ideal candidate for breast reduction?
- 4 What are the Breast Reduction Surgery Techniques?
- 5 How is Breast Reduction Surgery Performed?
- 6 Potential Side Effects
- 7 Our Surgeons
- 8 Breast Reduction FAQs
- 9 Book A Free Consultation
Why Breast Reduction?
Women with overly large breasts may experience physical strain on the neck, shoulders, and back. Additionally, the impact on self-esteem due to large, saggy, and asymmetric breasts is a significant concern for many women. Sometimes, large breasts can significantly hinder physical activities such as exercise, sports, and daily tasks. Breast reduction surgery is performed to address these issues, enabling individuals to resume their routine life with greater comfort.
Benefits of Breast Reduction Mammoplasty
Here are some benefits you can enjoy after getting a mammoplasty
- Boost self-confidence.
- Gives you relief from symptoms associated with macromastia.
- You may find it easier to wear a wider variety of clothing styles, including off-the-shoulder tops and different types of bras.
- Reduction of large, pendulous breasts and the areola.
- Reduces pain in the shoulders, back, and neck.
- Relieves chronic pain caused by overly large breasts.
- Fit into any dress and wear any style of gown.
- You may find activities like running, jogging, and swimming more comfortable post-surgery.
Who is an ideal candidate for breast reduction?
An ideal candidate for breast reduction surgery is one fulfilling the following criteria
- Experiencing chronic neck and back pain due to large breasts.
- Find difficulty in doing routine activities.
- The patient seeks physical comfort which may positively impact various aspects of life, including physical intimacy.
- Women with overall good health.
- Should not be currently pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Individuals who have realistic expectations regarding the outcomes of the surgery.
What are the Breast Reduction Surgery Techniques?
There are different breast reduction techniques that surgeons choose according to the patient’s circumstances.
Anchor pattern technique. Anchor pattern technique, also known as the inverted T technique, is the most commonly used method for breast reduction. Horizontal incisions are made under the breast crease as well as around the areola.
Vertical incision, also known as the lollipop technique. Vertical incisions are made along the lower part of the breast, extending from the areola to the breast crease.
Periareolar reduction. Periareolar reduction, suitable for smaller reductions, involves incisions primarily around the areola.
Breast reduction by liposuction. This technique is more suitable for patients with good skin elasticity and involves creating small incisions in the breast and inserting a cannula connected to a vacuum that suctions excess fat from the breast. This method may not be appropriate for cases that require substantial removal of skin and glandular tissue.
How is Breast Reduction Surgery Performed?
Breast reduction consists of three phases: preparation, surgery, and post-operative care. Following your plastic surgeon’s instructions is crucial for a smooth recovery and optimal results.
Preparation for the Surgery
Before undergoing the surgery, your plastic surgeon will ask you to follow these instructions:
- Get a baseline mammogram or breast imaging as recommended by your surgeon.
- Undergo necessary blood tests and other laboratory examinations as recommended by your surgeon.
- Quit smoking at least several weeks before the treatment to improve healing and reduce surgical risks.
During the Surgery
- Before starting the procedure under general anesthesia, the surgeon will mark the incision sites and take necessary measurements.
- Subsequently, the surgeon will measure the nipple height and determine the amount of breast tissue to be removed.
- The next step involves making the planned incisions. The extra breast tissue is removed from both the inner and exterior breast regions once the incisions have been made.
- The skin margins will be approximated, and the nipples will be raised following the excision of extra breast tissue.
- Upon completion of the procedure, a dressing will be applied to the chest, and drainage tubes may be placed if necessary.
After the Surgery.
For optimal results, it is important to follow these post-operative guidelines.
- You may be required to stay in the hospital for 1-2 days, depending on your surgeon’s recommendation and your recovery progress.
- Use ice packs or cold compresses to help reduce swelling or bruising, as recommended by your surgeon.
- Stitches are typically removed approximately 1-2 weeks post-surgery, depending on the individual’s healing process and the surgeon’s assessment.
- It’s important to attend all recommended follow-up appointments with your surgeon.
- Breast and nipple sensitivity often returns over time; however, there is a risk of the loss of sensation may be permanent. Follow your surgeon’s recommendations for any prescribed topicals or treatments for the targeted area.
Potential Side Effects
Breast reduction surgery carries the following potential side effects. Nevertheless, it is not necessary that you will face the exact complications.
There are minor side effects that get settled with time.
- Minor bleeding, which may occur during the first 24 hours post-surgery.
- Risk of blood clots, which is a rare but serious complication.
- Temporary swelling and bruising.
- Breastfeeding difficulties may arise post-surgery, particularly depending on the extent of tissue removal.
- There may be sensitivity loss in the nipples or breasts, which is usually temporary but can be permanent in some cases. However, it is very rare.
- Potential risks include partial or total loss of nipple and areola, although this is rare.
- Unfavorable scarring.
Breast Reduction FAQs
Are Breast Reduction results permanent?
The results of breast reduction surgery are typically long-lasting and effective. The results can be long-lasting, provided you maintain a stable weight and engage in regular exercise. Additionally, pregnancy and breastfeeding can significantly alter the results of the surgery.
Can you get Breast Reduction during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant, avoid breast reduction surgery. This is because the surgery may impact your ability to breastfeed and poses risks during pregnancy. Breast reduction surgery may impact your ability to breastfeed. Therefore, it is advisable to undergo surgery when you are not planning to become pregnant in the near future.
At what age can you get Breast Reduction Surgery?
Breast reduction surgery is generally recommended for individuals over the age of 18. It is important to undergo the surgery only after your breasts have fully developed.
Book A Free Consultation
The latest breast reduction technologies provided by the Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic are well-matched to your cosmetic requirements. Our Dubai Clinic’s committed and qualified staff possess extensive experience in the field of cosmetic surgery.
You can schedule a free initial consultation with our surgeons to get it done. To book an appointment, you can call us at 971 4 348 5575 or complete the provided form.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest