Get Comfortable with Your Breast Size and Enjoy its Aesthetic Appearance!
Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure performed to reduce breast size, remove extra fat and skin, and reshape asymmetric breasts. During the surgery, the surgeon also ensures that the areola and nipple are in their appropriate place.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Breast Reduction (Mammoplasty)?
- 2 Benefits of Breast Reduction Mammoplasty
- 3 Who is an ideal candidate for breast reduction?
- 4 Breast Reduction Procedure
- 5 Potential Side Effects
- 6 Our Surgeons
- 7 Breast Reduction FAQs
- 8 Book A Free Consultation
Why Breast Reduction (Mammoplasty)?
Women with pendulous breasts often experience strain on the neck, shoulders, and back. Moreover, the low self-esteem that women face due to large, saggy, and asymmetric breasts cannot be ignored. Sometimes, large breasts can halt women’s progress and restrain them from exercise, sports, and even daily work. Now, to overcome all these factors and move on with routine life, breast reduction surgery is performed.
Benefits of Breast Reduction Mammoplasty
Here are some benefits you can enjoy after getting a mammoplasty
- Boost self-confidence.
- Gives you relief from symptoms associated with macromastia.
- You can wear off-the-shoulder tops and a wider variety of bras.
- Reduction of the large pendulous breast and areola.
- Pain in the shoulders, back, and neck has subsided.
- Relieves chronic pain caused by overly large breasts.
- Fit into any dress and wear any style of gown.
- You can enjoy running, jogging, and swimming without any discomfort.
Who is an ideal candidate for breast reduction?
An ideal candidate for breast reduction surgery is one fulfilling the following criteria
- Suffering from chronic neck and back pain.
- Find difficulty in doing routine activities.
- The patient desires improved physical intimacy with their partner.
- Women with overall good health.
- Not pregnant or a breastfeeding mother.
- People with realistic expectations from the results of the surgery.
Breast Reduction Procedure
Breast reduction consists of three phases: preparation, surgery, and post-operative care. Following your plastic surgeon’s instructions is crucial for a smooth recovery and optimal results.
Breast Reduction Surgery Techniques
There are different breast reduction techniques that surgeons choose according to the patient’s circumstances.
Anchor pattern technique. Also known as the inverted T, it is the most common type of breast reduction technique. Horizontal incisions are made under the breast crease as well as around the areola.
Vertical incision or lollipop technique. Vertical incisions are made along the lower part of the breast, extending from the areola to the breast crease.
Periareolar reduction. This technique is more suitable for smaller reductions, and incisions are made around the areola only.
Breast reduction by liposuction. This technique is more suitable for patients with good skin elasticity and involves creating small incisions in the breast and inserting a cannula connected to a vacuum that suctions excess fat from the breast. However, it may not be suitable for cases requiring significant skin and glandular tissue removal.
Preparation for the Surgery
Before undergoing the surgery, your plastic surgeon will ask you to follow these instructions:
- Get a baseline mammogram or breast imaging as recommended by your surgeon.
- Get blood and other lab tests.
- Quit smoking a couple of weeks before the treatment.
During the Surgery
- The surgeon will mark the locations of the incisions and take the appropriate measurements before beginning the breast reduction procedure under general anesthesia.
- After that, he will measure your nipple height and the breast size to be excised.
- Making incisions is the next step. The extra breast tissue is removed from both the inner and exterior breast regions once the incisions have been made.
- The skin margins will be approximated, and the nipples will be raised following the excision of extra breast tissue.
- Upon completion of the procedure, a dressing will be applied to the chest, and drainage tubes may be placed if necessary.
After the Surgery.
For robust results, do consider the following guidelines.
- You may be required to stay in the hospital for 1-2 days, depending on your surgeon’s recommendation and your recovery progress.
- Use ice packs or cold compresses to help reduce swelling or bruising, as recommended by your surgeon.
- Stitches will be removed approximately after 1-2 weeks, depending on the individual’s healing and surgeon’s advice.
- Attend suggested follow-up sessions with your surgeon.
- Breast and nipple sensitivity may return over time, but in some cases, the loss of sensation may be permanent. Follow your surgeon’s recommendations for any prescribed topicals or treatments for the targeted area.
Potential Side Effects
Breast reduction surgery carries the following potential side effects. Nevertheless, it is not necessary that you will face the exact complications.
There are minor side effects that get settled with time.
- Light bleeding – may occur during the first 24 hours.
- Blood clots.
- Temporary swelling and bruising.
- Some women may face difficulty in breastfeeding after breast reduction surgery, depending on the extent of the surgery and the amount of tissue removed.
- There may be sensitivity loss in the nipples or breasts, which is usually temporary but can be permanent in some cases. However, it is very rare.
- Potential risks include partial or total loss of nipple and areola, although this is rare.
- Unfavorable scarring.
Breast Reduction FAQs
Are Breast Reduction results permanent?
The results of breast reduction Dubai are significantly lasting and effective. They can last for years if you do not put on weight and exercise regularly. Also, pregnancy can affect your new breast contours.
Can you get Breast Reduction during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant, avoid breast reduction surgery. The reason is after surgery, you might be unable to breastfeed your baby. Breast reduction can limit your breastfeeding ability. Therefore, undergo surgery when you are not planning a baby
At what age can you get Breast Reduction Surgery?
Breast reduction surgery in Dubai can be done at any age above 18, but ensure to get it when your breasts have developed fully.
Book A Free Consultation
The latest breast reduction technologies provided by the Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic are well-matched to your cosmetic requirements. Our Dubai Clinic’s committed and qualified staff has a wealth of experience in the cosmetics business.
You can schedule a free initial consultation with our surgeons to get it done. You can call us at 971 4 348 5575 or fill out the following form to get your appointment booked.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest