Botox injection for wrinkles is an option that reigns supreme in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. This is mainly because it is known for its effectiveness. The injection typically begins to show results in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles within a few days, contributing to tighter and more youthful-looking skin. Rejuvenating creams and other topical applications may take months to show noticeable changes. Men and women who benefit from Botox for wrinkles often feel much more confident about their appearance because they look younger and more attractive. The Botox treatment can make you look ten to fifteen years younger than your actual age.
Table of Contents
Goals of Wrinkles Treatment
Botox for wrinkles aims to improve your facial appearance by reducing:
- Horizontal lines on the forehead called forehead lines.
- Vertical lines between eyebrows known as frown lines.
- Creases at the outer corners of eyes known as crow’s feet.
- Lines on the sides of the nose known as bunny lines.
- Reduction of neckbands, which are horizontal lines or ‘bands’ around the neck.
Botox for wrinkles has many benefits which include:
- It is a widely used and clinically proven treatment for the reduction of wrinkles.
- It is a non-surgical and non-invasive treatment.
Botox injections are no doubt an effective and non-surgical solution to lines and wrinkles but certain other non-surgical options are also available for the eradication of wrinkles. These options include, but are not limited to:
- Injectable fillers: Also known as dermal fillers, these can be an effective alternative or complement to Botox injections for wrinkle treatment, addressing different types of wrinkles. They fill in the wrinkles and creases and make the skin smooth.
- Fat injections: In this treatment, fat extracted from your own body is used to fill in the wrinkles, typically used for volume restoration rather than fine lines.
Are you a Candidate?
You may be an ideal candidate for Botox treatment for wrinkles if:
- You have lines and creases on your facial skin, especially around the eyes, on the forehead, and beside the nose.
- You should not undergo Botox treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Some significant pre-treatment instructions include:
- Consult with your doctor about any necessary alterations to the medications you are currently taking.
- Consult with your doctor before discontinuing any blood thinners to avoid swelling and bruising.
- Consult with your doctor before discontinuing any prescribed sleeping aids, muscle relaxants, or allergy medications.
- Consult with your doctor regarding the use of vitamins and herbal supplements prior to treatment, as some may increase the risk of bruising.
Botox for wrinkles is performed on an outpatient basis, usually without any type of anesthesia. The procedure typically takes only a few minutes to complete, depending on the number of areas being treated.
- Mostly, the treatment is performed without anesthesia, but the doctor may apply a numbing cream or topical anesthetic to prevent possible discomfort.
- After applying numbing cream, antiseptic is applied to the treatment area to clean it.
- Then, the injection points are determined and marked.
- A small dose is injected into the facial muscles beneath the marked points.
- Finally, cold compresses are applied to the skin to minimize discomfort and swelling.
Botox treatment for wrinkles in Dubai does not require any downtime, and the recovery period is also minimal. You will be able to resume your normal activities shortly after the treatment is complete. However, you may experience some side-effects that may take a few hours or a couple of days to subside completely. Some patients may experience mild discomfort and tightness in the treatment area for the first few hours after treatment. Mild swelling and bruising may occur, which typically subside within a few days.
Our cosmetic surgeon will provide you with post-procedure instructions to help reduce discomfort and side effects. Following these instructions will also give you quick and successful results. These instructions may include:
- It is advised to avoid massaging or rubbing the treatment area for a specified period, as advised by your doctor, to prevent spreading the toxin.
- It is recommended to avoid lying flat for about 4 hours after treatment to prevent the spread of the toxin to adjacent areas.
Before and After Results
Botulinum toxin injections for wrinkles typically start showing results within a few days to a week, and these results are temporary. To maintain the effects of Botox, periodic repeat treatments are typically necessary. It’s important to note that individual results can vary, and there are no absolute guarantees in cosmetic procedures.
Botox for Wrinkles Cost in Dubai
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic offers Botox injection for wrinkles at highly competitive rates. The average cost of Botox starts from AED 42 per unit. Book your free consultation now to know about the exact cost.
Schedule A Consultation
If you want to know more about Botox injections for wrinkles in Dubai, book your consultation now. We offer an initial consultation to all our patients. You just need to fill in the form given below or call us to book an appointment with one of our experts.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest