Skin loses its elasticity and firmness with age. One of the significant reasons for this deterioration is a sharp decline in hyaluronic acid (HA) levels, leading to reduced collagen production and dryness. This can result in the prominent appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and cause the skin to sag.
Fortunately, these infamous skin aging effects can be delayed by supplying dermal tissues with a high-quality HA solution, such as Profhilo injections.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Profhilo Treatment?
- 2 How do Profhilo Injections Work?
- 3 Aim Of The Treatment
- 4 Common Areas for Profhilo Injections
- 5 Benefits of Profhilo Injections
- 6 Side Effects Of Profhilo Injections
- 7 Aftercare
- 8 Cost of Profhilo Treatment
- 9 What Is The Difference Between Profhilo And Dermal Fillers?
- 10 How many sessions of Profhilo treatment are needed?
- 11 How long do the treatment results last?
- 12 Are Profhilo injections safe?
- 13 Profhilo Treatment FAQs
- 14 Schedule A Consultation
What is Profhilo Treatment?
Profhilo is an anti-aging treatment for skin remodeling, involving the injection of a hyaluronic acid-based solution. This solution is prepared using NAHYCO technology. This bio-stimulating solution naturally enhances skin hydration and stimulates collagen production. Ultimately, it helps increase skin elasticity, subtly lifting the skin and improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also adds radiance to your facial appearance.
How do Profhilo Injections Work?
Profhilo uses hyaluronic acid but is not like the conventional HA-based dermal fillers. Dermal fillers contain BDDE (1,4-butanediol diglycidyl ether), a compound that inhibits the quick absorption of hyaluronic acid by giving it a gel-like consistency.
Profhilo does not contain BDDE, which contributes to its rapid absorption in the body. However, the absorption rate also depends on individual skin types and conditions. It is a bio-remodeling treatment that aims to stimulate collagen and elastin production in the treated region instead of ‘filling’ the area.
Profhilo injections are administered directly into the skin using very fine needles. The solution is injected in tiny yet precisely calculated amounts at different points of the treatment area. Once injected, this solution works to improve skin hydration and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
The effects of Profhilo injections can take several weeks to become visible. These effects include enhanced skin glow and a more tightened, youthful skin appearance.
Aim Of The Treatment
Profhilo differs from traditional dermal fillers as it primarily focuses on skin hydration and elasticity rather than volumizing specific areas.
Profhilo injections aim to achieve the following rejuvenation goals.
- Anti-aging: Profhilo injections deliver hyaluronic acid to the skin, which may aid in hydration and elasticity. The treated area becomes smoother and plumper, and the aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines become less visible. But it’s important to note that the effects vary and are not solely at the cellular level.
- Hydration: Enhanced fibroblast activity increases the skin’s moisture level, improving the skin’s glow and radiance.
- Reduced sagginess: Reduced sagginess: Profhilo may help in improving skin texture and firmness, but it’s important to set realistic expectations as its effects on skin laxity are generally more subtle compared to surgical procedures like a facelift.
Common Areas for Profhilo Injections
Profhilo injections are administered in the following body areas:
Benefits of Profhilo Injections
Profhilo treatment has the following benefits:
- This product acts as a bio-stimulator, aiming to enhance the skin’s natural physiological properties, such as hydration and elasticity.
- It comes with a high concentration of hyaluronic acid.
- It moisturizes the skin at the cellular level.
- It aims to improve skin texture and may help in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- It may help reduce the appearance of skin sagginess and can contribute to a more youthful facial contour, though results vary.
Side Effects Of Profhilo Injections
Profhilo is a minimally invasive treatment that doesn’t lead to many side effects.
Common side effects of Profhilo injections can include:
These side effects are usually minor and temporary and should subside in a few hours to a few days. If you continue to experience redness, swelling, and discomfort for over three days, speak to your practitioner.
Aftercare guidelines primarily aim to ensure the maximum effectiveness of Profhilo treatment and prevent the worsening of what could have been minor and temporary side effects. Those guidelines are as below:
- It is advised to avoid physical exertion for 24 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid taking NSAIDs, blood-thinning medications, aspirin, and ibuprofen for 24 hours.
- Do not massage the bumps caused by the injections’ needles.
- It is recommended to avoid exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures for at least two days after the treatment.
Cost of Profhilo Treatment
The average starting cost of Profhilo Injections in Dubai averages AED 2500. The exact price of the treatment is generally based on multiple factors, such as:
- The number of injections required
- The treatment area size
- The number of treatment sessions needed to achieve the desired goals
- The practitioner’s expertise
- The geographic location and reputation of the clinic or treatment facility
What Is The Difference Between Profhilo And Dermal Fillers?
While both Profhilo and dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid as the primary ingredient, they differ widely in terms of their functionality and results.
Unlike dermal fillers, Profhilo injections contain a hyaluronic acid solution with a thinner consistency. This solution is injected just under the top skin layer to target dermal tissues. Once injected, the solution spreads around the injection site and is absorbed into the tissues. It is designed to stimulate collagen and elastin production and improve hydration.
On the other hand, a dermal filler is injected deep under the skin. Its primary function is to enhance the treated area by adding volume. It also helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and other aging signs. Dermal fillers often use hyaluronic acid with a higher viscosity, which can help maintain the filler’s effect in the treated area for an extended period.
How many sessions of Profhilo treatment are needed?
Typically, two treatment sessions spaced 3-4 weeks apart are recommended for optimal results, but this can vary based on individual skin conditions and treatment goals. A third session may be recommended after three months in case of excessive skin dryness.
How long do the treatment results last?
The results of profhilo injections are temporary as the hyaluronic acid breaks down within the skin over time. The effects of profhilo injections generally last for about six months. The duration of results also depends on the age, lifestyle, and placement of the Hyaluronic acid.
Are Profhilo injections safe?
While generally considered safe, Profhilo injections, like any medical treatment, carry potential risks and side effects that typically subside within a few days. Consultation with a qualified professional is essential. That being said, getting this treatment from a skilled practitioner is recommended.
Profhilo Treatment FAQs
Is a skin test required before treatment?
No, an allergy test is typically not required for Profhilo injections, as they are generally considered safe. However, discussing any allergies or skin sensitivities with a healthcare provider is always advisable.
Is profhilo treatment painful?
No. It is a non-surgical procedure and does not cause severe pain.
Schedule A Consultation
If you want to know more about Profhilo treatment in Dubai, schedule a consultation with our experts. We have made it quite simple for you to book an appointment. So, go ahead and book your slot now! Simply fill the following form or call us and one of our staff members will get in touch with you.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest