Voluminous and full lips are usually a sign of beauty and attraction but when the lips are disproportionately large they may seem disharmonious with other facial features. People who have this condition may consider lip reduction surgery. Whether you have genetically large lips or have acquired them through an accident or illness, the size of your lips can be reduced. People who have undergone a lip reduction in Dubai have reported that they feel much more confident about their looks because of their proportionate and shapely lips.
Lip Reduction Surgery helps you in getting the desired shape and size of your lips. Visit the lip reduction cost page to know the exact cost of the treatment.
Table of Contents
- 1 Before & After Results
- 2 Lip Reduction Candidates
- 3 Lip Reduction Goals
- 4 Pre-op Preparation
- 5 Lip Reduction Procedure
- 6 Lip Reduction Benefits
- 7 Lip Reduction Recovery
- 8 Post-op Care
- 9 Lip Reduction FAQs
- 10 Our Surgeons
- 11 Free Consultation
Before & After Results
The final results of lip reduction surgery will become visible after about three months. They will be permanent. No guarantee is given as the results may vary from person to person.
Lip Reduction Candidates
You may be an ideal candidate for lip reduction surgery in Dubai if you:
- Have disproportionately large lips.
- Are unhappy with the results of lip augmentation surgery.
- Have good general health.
- Have realistic expectations from the procedure.
Lip Reduction Goals
The goal of lip reduction surgery is to improve the aesthetic appearance of lips by:
- Reducing the size of overly large and bulging lips
- Improving the symmetry of lips
During your pre-op visit, our plastic surgeon will examine you, evaluate your health, and give you pre-surgical instructions. Some common pre-surgical instructions for lip reduction treatment in Dubai include:
- Discontinue the use of aspirin or any blood-thinning medication.
- Do not take any vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Take prescribed medications and recommended supplements on regular basis.
- Eat healthy food.
Lip Reduction Procedure
Lip reduction in Dubai is performed on an outpatient basis and takes about an hour to complete. Below given are the procedural steps for lip reduction:
- Local anesthesia is administered.
- The surgeon will make a horizontal incision along the length of your lip, usually from inside the mouth.
- Then a strip of excess fat and skin tissues will be removed.
- Finally, incisions will be closed with stitches.
- The procedure can be performed on both the upper and lower lips at the same time.
Lip Reduction Benefits
There are many aesthetic and psychological benefits of lip reduction surgery. Some of them are:
- It makes your lips slimmer and prettier.
- Improves your facial harmony.
- Gives you a young and sensual look.
- Requires minimal downtime.
- As the incisions are made inside the lips, it does not result in visible scarring.
- Enhances your confidence and self-esteem.
Lip Reduction Recovery
Though the recovery period after lip reduction surgery is different for every patient, you may expect your recovery period to be like this:
- During the first few days of recovery, you will feel more pain and discomfort.
- You will be able to resume your normal activities in about 7 to 10 days.
- The stitches will be removed within a week or two.
- You will have to avoid strenuous physical activities and exercise for about two to three weeks.
- The final results will become visible after 2 to 3 months.
Our plastic surgeon will give you a customized list of post-surgical instructions. Some common post-surgical instructions for lip reduction surgery in Dubai are:
- Take the prescribed medications regularly.
- Apply ice packs to the lips to minimize pain and swelling.
- Avoid foods with high acidic content such as lemon, oranges, and tomatoes because they may irritate your wounds.
- Soft, pureed foods can be taken immediately after your lip reduction surgery.
- Use antiseptic mouthwash to rinse your mouth.
- Keep your head elevated for the recommended period of time.
- Avoid exertion and strenuous tasks for the recommended period of time.
Lip Reduction FAQs
Are the results of lip reduction permanent?
Yes, the results of lip reduction surgery are permanent.
What should I expect postoperatively?
There are no side effects of this procedure, but you may get bruising and swelling after it. You need to follow some essential steps after the treatment to get the best possible results. These steps include keeping yourself safe from the ultraviolet rays of the sun. Avoid rubbing your lips for a specific time period.
How much does Lip Reduction surgery cost?
The cost varies from person to person and you should ask your practitioner about the exact cost. Here at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, the average cost of lip reduction surgery starts from AED 10,000. The cost may vary according to your requirement, whether you require the procedure on the upper lip, lower lip, or both.
Is lip reduction safe?
Yes, the procedure is safe but the expertise of your practitioner matters a lot. Risks are linked to every procedure so there are chances of getting a scar as a result of an incision. But if your practitioner is experienced enough, you will not face any side-effect.
If you want to opt for a lip reduction treatment in Dubai, we can help you set up a free consultation with one of our surgeons. You can book an appointment by filling the form given below. We offer lip reduction surgery at a fair price. Therefore, don’t waste your time and get in touch with us now.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest