The aesthetic importance of eyes cannot be undermined. When you look at a person’s face, the first thing you notice about them is their eyes. Even if you are not satisfied with the natural appearance of your eyes, or if they have changed due to aging, there are solutions available. But worry not, because eyelid surgery offers a solution to your problems.
Eyelid surgery, also known as Blepharoplasty, involves the removal of excess skin and fat around the eyes to rejuvenate their appearance. It can effectively improve the appearance of your eyes by reducing visible signs of aging, such as sagging skin and wrinkles, on both your upper and lower eyelids.
Table of Contents
- 1 Before and After Results
- 2 Are You a Good Candidate?
- 3 Eyelid Surgery Goals
- 4 Alternate Treatments
- 5 Eyelid Surgery Techniques
- 6 Pre-op Preparation
- 7 Eyelid Surgery Procedure
- 8 Eyelid Surgery Benefits
- 9 Eyelid Surgery Recovery
- 10 Post-op Care
- 11 Outcomes
- 12 FAQs
- 12.1 What is Blepharoplasty?
- 12.2 Is Blepharoplasty permanent?
- 12.3 What is the age limit for undergoing eyelid surgery?
- 12.4 What is the treatment duration?
- 12.5 What is the difference between Normal Eyelid Surgery and Asian Eyelid surgery?
- 12.6 What type of Anesthesia is required?
- 12.7 What is the Recovery Time?
- 12.8 Does scarring occur?
- 12.9 What is the eyelid surgery cost?
- 13 Our Surgeons
- 14 Free Consultation
Before and After Results
The results of Blepharoplasty (lower eyelid blepharoplasty, double eyelid surgery & upper eyelid surgery) are refreshing and give a youthful appearance to your eyes. No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Are You a Good Candidate?
You may be an excellent candidate for eyelid surgery in Dubai if you have:
- Excess skin and fine lines on your upper eyelids.
- Excess fat deposits on the upper eyelids that may impair vision or aesthetic appearance.
- Bags under your eyes.
- Drooping lower eyelids.
- Presence of excess skin and fine lines beneath your eyes.
- Good health, without any serious medical conditions.
- Realistic expectations from the surgery.
Eyelid Surgery Goals
The goal of this surgery is to improve the appearance of your eyes by:
- Eradicating visible signs of aging like puffiness, fine lines, wrinkles and excess fat on upper eyelids.
- Removing aging signs on lower eyelids like lines, droopiness and bags.
- Giving a more rested and youthful appearance to your eyes.
- Improving vision that may be impaired by drooping upper eyelids.
Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty in Dubai, is a cosmetic procedure that enhances the appearance of the upper and lower eyelids. Non-surgical options that eradicate visible signs of aging around the eyes are also available. These options are:
- Botox injections – Botox, a muscle relaxant, is injected at specific sites around the eyes to reduce lines and wrinkles, thereby restoring a more youthful appearance.
- Injectable fillers – These are substances injected around the eyes to smooth out lines and can also help in reducing the appearance of eye bags.
- Fat injections – This procedure involves transferring your own body fat from another area to under the eyes, helping to reduce the appearance of eye bags and enhance the overall look of the eyes.
Eyelid Surgery Techniques
Blepharoplasty Dubai can be performed using various techniques which include:
- Upper eyelid surgery: It is performed on upper eyelids to remove the sagging skin, excess fat and lines.
- Lower eyelid surgery: This procedure targets the lower eyelids to remove puffiness, fine lines, and under-eye bags.
- Combined upper and lower eyelid surgery: This refers to performing surgery on both the upper and lower eyelids at the same time, known as combined blepharoplasty.
During your pre-op visit, our plastic surgeon will review your medical history, discuss the options available and guide you about the process. He will also provide a thorough list of pre-surgical instructions. Some steps that you will have to take prior to surgery are:
- Get the required lab tests done.
- Take any prescribed medications as directed and discuss any necessary adjustments in your current medications with your surgeon.
- Discontinue the use of herbal supplements, aspirin, and anti-inflammatory drugs as advised by your surgeon.
- Adhere to any recommended dietary guidelines and maintain a healthy diet as advised by your surgeon.
Eyelid Surgery Procedure
The latest procedure of Blepharoplasty in Dubai is performed on an outpatient basis and it may take up to three hours. Following is the step-by-step description of the surgery.
- The first step of the procedure involves administering anesthesia. While it is commonly performed under local anesthesia, general anesthesia may also be used based on the patient’s needs and the surgeon’s recommendation.
- Then the surgeon will make an incision at a suitable site depending on the type of surgery.
- In upper eyelid surgery, the incision is typically made in the natural crease of the eyelid to minimize visible scarring.
- For lower eyelid surgery, the incision is made either just below the lash line or inside the lower eyelid.
- Then required alterations are made in the upper and lower eyelids. The alterations include:
- Removal of excess fat tissue in upper and lower eyelids.
- Removal of excess skin on upper and lower eyelids.
- Removal of excess muscles.
- Through an incision made inside the lower eyelid, only excess fat in the lower eyelid is removed.
- Finally, incisions are closed using stitches.
Eyelid Surgery Benefits
There are many aesthetic, functional and psychological benefits of this treatment. Here are some of them.
- It makes your eyes more refreshed and rejuvenated.
- The surgery can enhance your natural eye appearance, potentially making you look more vibrant even without makeup.
- Restores the vision obscured by sagging eyelids.
- Can boost self-esteem and confidence, potentially improving overall quality of life.
Eyelid Surgery Recovery
It is comfortable and easy for most patients to recover from double eyelid surgery. Your recovery period might be like this:
- Just after the surgery, you will experience a tightening or pulling sensation.
- You may need to use pain medications for approximately 2 to 5 days following the surgery, as directed by your surgeon.
- Dryness and irritation in the eyes will subside within 1 to 2 weeks after surgery.
- Swelling and bruising typically begin to subside at the end of the first week, though complete resolution may take 2 to 3 weeks.
- Typically, you can wear makeup after 7 to 10 days and resume contact lens use within 2 to 3 weeks, but always follow your surgeon’s specific advice.
- You will be able to return to your work after 1 to 2 weeks.
- Complete recovery may require few months.
Our surgeon will provide a thorough list of post-surgical instructions but here are some common ones:
- Use cold compresses to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Keep your eyes clean and your head elevated while resting or sleeping.
- Use eye drops to lubricate your eyes, as prescribed by your surgeon.
- Avoid makeup for the recommended period of time.
- Limit screen time, including watching television, as advised by your surgeon.
- Avoid the use of contact lenses for at least 72 hours, or as advised by your surgeon.
- Take prescribed medications regularly.
- Refrain from physical exertion.
Blepharoplasty can yield significant improvements in the appearance of the eyelids. The surgery aims to achieve your desired eyelid appearance, which can significantly enhance your facial aesthetics. The results of upper eyelid surgery typically last for about 10 years, though this can vary based on individual factors. On the other hand, if you get a lower eyelid procedure, you may require repeated sessions to manage the results.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure that is used to enhance the appearance of upper and lower eyelids by removing sagging skin, lines and excess fat.
Is Blepharoplasty permanent?
While Blepharoplasty offers long-lasting results, it is not considered permanent as aging and lifestyle factors can affect the longevity of the results.
What is the age limit for undergoing eyelid surgery?
There is no strict age limit for undergoing eyelid surgery, but it is typically performed on adults, often those in their forties and fifties.
What is the treatment duration?
The duration of eyelid surgery varies but generally takes about an hour for both upper and lower eyelids.
What is the difference between Normal Eyelid Surgery and Asian Eyelid surgery?
Normal eyelid surgery typically addresses aging-related changes like sagging skin and puffiness, while Asian eyelid surgery often aims to create or enhance a crease in the eyelid.
What type of Anesthesia is required?
The type of anesthesia used for eyelid surgery depends on the specific procedure and patient preference, ranging from local anesthesia with sedation to general anesthesia.
What is the Recovery Time?
For the first few days, there is swelling and bruising around the eyes, most of which is gone by the end of the first week. During this time with some make up and sun glasses you can go out in public.
Does scarring occur?
Scarring is typically minimal and strategically placed to be less visible. In lower eyelid surgery, incisions can be made inside the eyelid to avoid external scars.
What is the eyelid surgery cost?
The cost of blepharoplasty varies based on factors like surgeon expertise, clinic location, and the specific requirements of the procedure. It's best to consult with a surgeon for an accurate estimate. The average starting price of blepharoplasty is AED 8000.
If you need to undergo the latest eyelid surgery in Dubai, choose a well-reputed clinic and experienced surgeon. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic® is a well-recognized clinic known for its specialized staff members and exceptional services. To get a FREE consultation with one of our experts, just fill in the form given below.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest