Moles can be a cosmetic concern for some people and may also cause physical discomfort. Many moles itch when they rub against cloth and jewelry, and many others have hair growing out of them, raising concerns about hygiene. If the mole is located on the face or any other visible area, it can be a nuisance. This is the reason people dislike moles so much.
Mole removal treatment has become very popular nowadays. It is a quick and convenient procedure that can be done through several techniques, helping you get rid of moles once and for all.
Table of Contents
- 1 Are You a Candidate?
- 2 Mole Removal Treatment Goals
- 3 Mole Removal Techniques
- 4 Pre-op Preparation
- 5 Procedure
- 6 Benefits
- 7 Recovery
- 8 Post-op Care
- 9 Results
- 10 Cost of Mole Removal In Dubai
- 11 Mole Removal FAQs
- 12 Our Surgeons
- 13 Schedule A Consultation
Are You a Candidate?
You can be a good candidate for mole removal if:
- You have one or more moles on your body.
- You have a mole that has been diagnosed as precancerous by a medical professional.
- Your mole is a cause of physical, psychological, or emotional discomfort for you.
- You have reasonable expectations from the treatment.
- You are in good overall health.
Mole Removal Treatment Goals
Mole removal aims to give you smooth and bump-free skin by:
- Removing any moles through excision, freezing, or laser treatment.
- Reducing skin irritation associated with the moles.
- Aiming for minimal scarring associated with mole removal.
- Making the skin smooth, clear, and free of lumps or bumps.
Mole Removal Techniques
Although mole removal in is essential for people who have developed melanoma, many others opt for it because they do not like the appearance of moles on their bodies. If the mole is located somewhere on the body where it isn’t visible, it may not be a major concern. However, for those who have moles on the face, neck, arms, or other visible areas, it can be an irritant.
People with cancerous moles are typically recommended to undergo surgical mole removal, although the final treatment plan should be determined by a healthcare professional. However, people wanting mole removal for cosmetic reasons can opt for any of the following techniques.
- Excision – This surgical procedure involves cutting out the mole entirely with a scalpel, often including some of the surrounding skin. After that, the physician cauterizes or uses stitches to close the wound back. Excision is usually done for larger moles and results in instant mole removal.
- Laser Treatment – Flat, black, or brown moles may be effectively removed with laser treatment, although it’s not suitable for all types of moles. The procedure involves applying local anesthesia to the area where the mole is found and using laser beams to remove the mole tissues. Usually, two to three treatment sessions are needed to get rid of the mole completely. However, laser mole removal is not typically recommended for moles that are very large or that protrude significantly above the skin surface.
- Cryotherapy (Freezing) – This is a very quick treatment during which a medical professional applies a special solution (usually argon gas or liquid nitrogen) to the mole, either through a spray device, injection, or a cotton swab. Cryotherapy involves the application of extreme cold to destroy abnormal tissue. Ice crystals may form within the mole, leading to the destruction of mole tissue cells with minimal damage to surrounding skin cells.
During your pre-op visit, our plastic surgeon will review your medical history, discuss the options available, and enlighten you on the process. She/he will also provide a thorough list of pre-surgical instructions. Some steps that you will have to take before mole removal in Dubai are:
- Get the required lab tests done.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding prescribed medications and any necessary adjustments to your current medication regimen.
- You may be advised to discontinue the use of herbal supplements, aspirin, and anti-inflammatory drugs prior to the procedure, as they can increase bleeding risk.
- Follow the recommended diet regimen and eat healthy food.
Mole removal is usually performed on an outpatient basis, and takes less than 15 to 20 mint to complete, depending on the number of moles. Your surgeon will first examine the mole to ensure it is not cancerous. While the majority of moles are benign, a medical evaluation is necessary to rule out health risks. Then depending on the type of technique, you have opted for, you’ll go through the following steps.
- The first step of the procedure typically involves administering local anesthesia to minimize pain and discomfort during the mole removal.
- If you have opted for surgical excision, the surgeon will use a scalpel to cut the mole from the base, with a bit of the surrounding skin as well. For laser mole removal, the procedure is slightly different as the surgeon uses a laser beam to kill the mole cells.
- Once the mole is removed, if necessary, stitches are placed either deep within the skin or on the upper surface to close the incision.
- If the removal is incomplete, the procedure may be repeated to get rid of the mole completely. For laser mole removal, particularly, you’ll require two to three treatment sessions before the mole vanishes completely.
There are many aesthetic, functional, and psychological benefits of mole removal. Some of them are:
- It makes your skin smooth and free of visible moles.
- It can reduce skin irritation that occurs when certain types of moles rub against clothing or jewelry.
- If the moles were in the area where you shave, your shaving experience would become a lot more convenient.
- The cost of mole removal treatment is affordable.
- It may boost self-esteem and confidence for some individuals, potentially improving their quality of life.
Recovery from mole removal surgery is quick and easy for most patients. You may experience the following conditions after your surgery:
- You may experience pain and discomfort after the treatment, which can be managed with prescribed medications
- Redness in the area where the mole was previously found. It will vanish within two weeks.
- A scab may develop at the site of the mole after surgical excision and typically heals within a few weeks.
- There may be some scarring, which will gradually fade away over time.
Your surgeon will provide you with a thorough list of instructions on how to take care of yourself after mole removal in Dubai. Some of the common instructions are;
- Take prescribed medications to relieve pain and discomfort.
- Limit your physical activities for the first week of recovery and avoid vigorous activities and exercises for the recommended time.
- Properly care for the incision sites by keeping them clean and dry.
- Monitor the progress of healing and be vigilant for any signs of infection, such as increased redness, swelling, or discharge.
- Report immediately to your doctor if you notice something unusual.
The results of mole removal treatment are typically permanent, but there is a possibility of recurrence depending on the method used and individual healing processes. If your mole was removed surgically, it isn’t likely to reappear ever again. However, using laser treatment or freezing may not kill all the mole cells, and a mole may re-emerge later in life.
No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Cost of Mole Removal In Dubai
Multiple factors can affect the cost of mole removal. Visit the mole removal cost page to know the exact cost.
Mole Removal FAQs
Which Machine is used for Mole Removal at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic?
The SmartXide laser is a commonly used device for mole removal procedures in Dubai.
What are Benefits of Mole Removal?
Mole removal can be a preventive measure if a mole is suspected to be or has the potential to become cancerous. It can also increase the self-confidence of a person. The extent of the positive effects of mole removal will depend upon the location of the mole.
A local anesthetic agent is injected around the mole and the lesion (mole ) is surgically removed. The wound is then closed with sutures. It is standard practice to send the excised mole for pathological examination to determine the exact nature of the lesion and to ensure all cancerous cells, if present, have been removed. Sometimes, in suspected skin cancers, if the removal is incomplete, the procedure may have to be repeated for the complete removal.
Is There Any Side Effects?
Potential side effects include scarring, the possibility of recurrence, and in some cases, keloid formation. Though it is unpredictable that how a particular scar will heal, most of the scars heal well, without leaving a noticeable mark.
Most of these procedures are done under local anesthesia in an office setting, requiring practically no time of work. Pain is also a very slight requiring mild analgesics.
Schedule A Consultation
If you plan to undergo the latest mole removal treatment in Dubai, you’ll be happy to know that we’re offering consultations to all of our patients. You need to fill out the form below, and one of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. We will be more than happy to arrange your consultation session with one of our highly trained and qualified mole removal surgeons. You can then discuss anything that is on your mind—without any follow-up obligations. Stop waiting and book your consultation NOW!
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest