Skin Lesion Removal
A Skin Lesion is an area of the skin that is usually different from the surrounding skin. This difference can be in the shape of warts, moles, skin tags, melanoma or Spitz lesion. These lesions can be both shallow and skin deep, and can even be cancerous. While usually, these lesions are benign and painless, they nonetheless look unsightly. This is why Skin Lesion Removal in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah has emerged has a very popular treatment. Here’s all you need to know about the procedure.
Skin Lesions Candidates
You can be a good candidate for a Skin Lesions Removal treatment if:
- You have a lump, sore or an area of skin that is not normal anywhere on your body
- Your abnormal patch of skin is due to skin cancer
- The Skin Lesion is causing you pain or discomfort
- You are in a good overall health
Skin Lesion Goals
A Skin Lesion Removal treatment is designed to get you rid of skin troubles and help you achieve a smooth skin by:
- Removing skin lesions through any of the several available techniques
- Putting an end to cancerous skin cells
- Reducing pain and irritation associated with skin lesions
- Restoring confidence lost due to skin issues
Skin Lesion Techniques
A typical Skin Lesion Removal treatment is usually done at a surgeon’s clinic and the procedure doesn’t involve many complexities. It is a fairly quick procedure that doesn’t require a night stay at the hospital, and most patients are able to return to their routine activities within a day or two. The type of technique used, however, depends on the type, size and location of the skin lesion.
Usually, a skin lesion removal treatment is carried out through one of the following techniques.
- Shave Excision – This technique is used for lesions that rise above the skin. A surgeon typically uses a small blade to remove the outermost layers of the skin till the lesion is removed completely. Usually, the procedure doesn’t require any stitches and only medicine is applied on top of the wound to prevent any bleeding.
- Scissor Excision – This technique works much like shave excision, however, the surgeon instead of shaving, uses a pair of scissors to remove the lesion. He will grab the lesion with forceps and slightly pull up, and then cut then lesion at the base. Any remaining part of the lesion then may be scrapped off using a curette. This procedure too, doesn’t usually require stitches.
- Cryotherapy (Freezing) – This technique usually lasts only a minute during which a medical professional applies a special solution (usually liquid nitrogen or argon gas) onto the skin lesion, using a cotton swab. This causes ice crystals to form in the lesion, breaking up the lesion tissue cell. The treated area will then blister and the destroyed lesion will peel away.
- Laser Treatment – This treatment works by applying laser beam onto the skin lesion. The high-frequency laser beam heats up the cells in the lesion until they burst. The lesion then disappears at the end of the procedure. However, you’ll usually need two to three treatment sessions to get rid of the lesion completely.
During your consultation sessions, you need to inform your doctor about your medical history. You will need to tell him if you have any allergies or bleeding problems and discuss any medications you’re already taking. The surgeon will then give you a list of instructions for you to follow, which will usually include the following.
- Quit smoking a week before the treatment as it can hinder the healing process
- Take all prescribed medications regularly
- Get all required lab tests done to ensure your fitness for the treatment
- Consume a healthy diet
- Discontinue aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs
Skin Lesion Removal Procedure
Most skin lesion treatments are quick and the procedure doesn’t take long. The cost of skin lesion removal is usually defined by the type of procedure you have opted for.
You’ll be required to drop into your surgeon’s office at a convenient time, get the treatment done and then leave the same day. Before the treatment, however, your surgeon will identify the type of skin lesion so that appropriate treatment plan can be adopted. The surgeon will also test the lesion for any cancerous tendency.
Usually, the treatment procedure involves the following.
- Your surgeon will apply local anesthesia to numb the treatment area so that you don’t feel any pain or discomfort.
- Depending on the type of procedure opted for, the surgeon will remove the lesion either through excision, laser or freezing.
- Once the lesion is removed, the surgeon will either stitch back the wound or only apply a medicine to stop bleeding. Stitching, however, is rare and most surgeons only use medicine. Bandages are then applied to help the wound heal quickly.
- In case the lesion isn’t removed completely, additional treatment sessions may be arranged to get rid of the entire lesion.
If you get your skin lesion removed, it is going to help you both, physically and emotionally by:
- Making your skin clear and smooth
- Eliminating pain and discomfort associated with the lesion
- Prevent the spread of skin cancer if the lesion had cancerous tendency
- Make you look more beautiful
- Boost your confidence and self-esteem
Most skin lesion treatments are quick and thus their recovery period is also small. You may, however, experience one or more of the following conditions during the recovery period.
- Slight pain or discomfort, which can be dealt with medications
- Fever or chills
- Small scars that will gradually fade over time
- Bleeding, swelling or infection, which however is very rare
Immediately after your treatment, you will need to be extra cautious with your wounds to ensure that your healing is swift and smooth. Usually, your surgeon will give you a list of post-op instructions, which you will be required to follow closely. Some of these instructions will include the following.
- Keep the wound dry for the first 48 hours
- Gently wash and clean the area around the wound with soap and water
- If you have stitches, avoid washing or rubbing them
- Regularly apply ointment and take your medicines, as instructed by your surgeon
- Keep a close check on the wound and immediately call your doctor if you notice infection or something unusual
The results of a Skin Lesion Removal treatment usually become obvious immediately after the treatment. There may be some scarring and bruising in the first couple of days, but that usually subsides in a week or two.
If you plan to undergo a Skin Lesion Removal treatment then you’ll be happy to know that we’re offering free consultations to all of our existing and new clients. You simply need to fill the form below and one of our representatives will get back in touch with you shortly. She’ll be more than happy to arrange your free consultation session with one of our highly trained and qualified Skin Lesion Removal surgeons in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. You can then discuss anything that is on your mind—without any follow-up obligations. Stop waiting and book your free consultation NOW!
Fill in the form to get Free Consultation