A Skin Lesion is an area of the skin that is usually different from the surrounding skin. This difference can be in the form of warts, moles, skin tags, melanoma, or Spitz lesion. These lesions can be both shallow and skin deep and can even be cancerous. Generally, the skin lesions are benign and painless but they look unsightly. Therefore, Skin Lesion Removal in Dubai has become such a popular treatment.
Here’s all you need to know about the procedure.
Table of Contents
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very High Success Rate
Are You a Candidate?
You can be the right candidate for this treatment if:
- You have a lump or a skin area that is not normal.
- You have an abnormal patch of the skin due to skin cancer.
- The Skin Lesion is causing you pain or discomfort.
- Your overall health is good.
Skin Lesion Removal in Dubai is designed to help you get rid of skin troubles and achieve smooth skin by:
- Removing skin lesions through any of the several available techniques.
- Putting an end to cancerous skin cells.
- Reducing pain and irritation associated with skin lesions.
- Restoring confidence that was lost due to skin issues.
Skin Lesion Techniques
A typical Skin Lesion Removal treatment in Dubai is usually done at a surgeon’s clinic, and the procedure doesn’t involve many complexities. It is a fairly quick procedure that doesn’t require a night stay at the hospital, and most patients can return to their routine activities within a day or two. The type of technique used depends on the type, size, and location of the skin lesion.
Usually, the skin lesion removal treatment is carried out through one of the following techniques:
Shave Excision – This technique is used for lesions that rise above the skin. A surgeon typically uses a small blade to remove the outermost layers of the skin until the lesion is obliterated. Usually, the procedure doesn’t require any stitches, and only medicine is applied on top of the wound to prevent any bleeding.
Scissor Excision – It works much like shave excision. However, the surgeon uses a pair of scissors to remove the lesion instead of shaving. He will cut the lesion at the base by grabbing it with forceps and slightly pulling it up. Any remaining part of the lesion may be scraped off using a curette. This procedure, too, doesn’t require any stitches.
Cryotherapy (Freezing) – This technique usually lasts only a minute during which a medical professional applies a special solution (usually liquid nitrogen or argon gas) to the skin lesion, using a cotton swab. This causes ice crystals to form in the lesion, breaking up the lesion tissue cells. The treated area will then blister, and the destroyed lesion will peel away.
Laser Treatment – Works by directing a laser beam onto the skin lesion. The high-frequency laser beam heats the cells in the lesion until they burst. The lesion then disappears at the end of the procedure. However, you’ll need two to three treatment sessions to get rid of the lesion completely.
During your consultation sessions, you need to inform your doctor about your medical history. You need to tell him if you have any allergies or bleeding problems and discuss the medications you’re already taking. The surgeon will then give you a list of instructions to follow before you undergo skin lesion removal in Dubai. These instructions include;
- Take all prescribed medications regularly.
- Get all required lab tests done to ensure your fitness for the treatment.
- Consume a healthy diet.
- Discontinue aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs.
Most skin lesion treatments are quick, and the procedure doesn’t take long. You’ll be required to drop into your surgeon’s office at a convenient time, get the treatment done, and leave the same day. Before the treatment, your surgeon will identify the type of skin lesion so that an appropriate treatment plan can be adopted. The surgeon will also test the lesion for any cancerous tendency.
Usually, the treatment procedure involves the following steps;
- Your surgeon will apply local anesthesia to numb the treatment area so that you don’t feel any pain or discomfort.
- Depending on the type of procedure chosen, the surgeon will remove the lesion either through excision, laser, or freezing.
- Once the lesion is removed, the surgeon will either stitch back the wound or only apply medicine to stop bleeding. Stitching, however, is rare, and most surgeons only use the medicine.
- Bandages are then applied to help the wound heal quickly.
- In case the lesion isn’t removed completely, additional treatment sessions may be arranged to get rid of the entire lesion.
Immediately after your treatment, you need to be extra cautious with your wounds to ensure that your healing is swift and smooth. Your surgeon will give you a list of post-op instructions, which you need to follow closely. Some of these instructions include the following;
- Keep the wound dry for the first 48 hours.
- Gently wash and clean the area around the wound with soap and water.
- If you have stitches, avoid washing or rubbing them.
- Regularly apply an ointment and take your medicines, as instructed by your surgeon.
- Keep a close check on the wound and immediately call your doctor if you notice an infection or something unusual.
Skin lesion removal in Dubai is going to help you both physically and emotionally by:
- Making your skin clear and smooth.
- Eliminating pain and discomfort associated with the lesion.
- Preventing the spread of skin cancer if the lesion had a cancerous tendency.
- Making you look more beautiful.
- Boosting your confidence and self-esteem.
Most of the skin lesion removal treatments in Dubai are quick, and thus their recovery period is also short. You may experience the following conditions during the recovery period.
- Slight pain or discomfort, which can be dealt with medications
- Fever or chills
- Small scars that will gradually fade over time
- Bleeding, swelling, or infection, which is very rare
The results of skin lesion removal treatment usually become visible immediately after the treatment. There may be some scarring and bruising during the first couple of days, but that usually subsides in a week or two.
Get A Consultation
You should opt for skin lesion removal in Dubai if you want to make your skin flawless. Call us or fill our online form to arrange a consultation session with one of our professional dermatologists in Dubai. Stop waiting and book your consultation NOW!
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest