*Facts You Must Know
|Cost of Treatment|
|Recovery Time||2-4 Days|
|Success Rate||Very high Success Rate|
In the past women were not considered good candidates for hair transplant because the procedure was not efficient enough to benefit them. While men were benefiting from hair transplant surgeries, it was rarely considered a workable treatment for their female counterparts suffering from hair loss. However, the latest advancements in surgical hair restoration have made female hair transplant in Dubai an ideal solution. Baring certain circumstances, females make equally good candidates for hair transplant.
Results of a hair transplant surgery are life lasting. Since healthiest hairs from the balding resistant areas of your scalp are taken for transplantation purpose, they do not fall out easily even after being shifted to the baldness prone areas.No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Are You a Candidate?
Since women usually have diffused hair thinning, they are not considered ideal candidates for a hair transplant surgery. However, 2 to 5 percent of women suffer from a hair loss pattern that can be treated with hair transplant surgery. You are a candidate if:
- You want to restore hairs around a surgical scar.
- You have a distinct baldness pattern – a receded hairline or crown thinning.
- You are suffering from hair loss caused by mechanical or traction alopecia.
- You have a hair loss caused by trauma – injury scars, burn scars or chemical burns.
Hair Transplant Goals
Like male hair transplant, the main objective of female hair transplant is also to enhance your appearance by restoring a thicker and fuller head of hair.
- To help you restore lost hair.
- Fill any bald patches caused by trauma or injury scars.
- Boost your self-confidence through and enhanced, youthful look.
Hair Transplant Techniques
Since women do not suffer from severe baldness, like men, they are not considered good candidates for strip removal method, also known as Follicular Unit Transplant. Females have two options available for surgical hair restoration:
- FUE Hair Transplant – Hair grafts are extracted manually using a punch tool.
- Stem Cell FUE Hair Transplant – a specially designed automated punch tool is used for donor hair harvesting.
If you have been declared a candidate for hair transplant and you are planning to undergo the surgery sometime in near future, here are some tips on how to prepare for the surgery to get the most out of it:
- Stop taking aspirin and all other blood thinners 14 to 20 days prior to the surgery.
- Quit smoking three weeks before your hair transplant is scheduled.
- Cut your alcohol consumption a couple of weeks before the surgery.
- Get all the tests done and prescriptions filled well in advance.
Hair Transplant Procedure
Following steps are involved in a Female Hair Transplant:
- Step 1 – Preparation of donor area: Hair on the donor area will be trimmed really short to make it easy for the surgeon to extract individual hair follicles.
- Step 2 – Anesthesia: After trimming and marking the donor area, local anesthesia is administered to numb it and make harvesting process painless.
- Step 3 – Extraction of donor hair: Then using either of the manual FUE Hair Transplant and Stem Cell FUE, the surgeon extract donor hairs.
- Step 4 – Preparing grafts: The extracted follicles are then carefully trimmed under a powerful microscope by the technical staff to obtain grafts of desired size.
- Step 5 – Anesthesia again: Once the graft extraction process is complete, anesthesia is once again administered, but this time to the recipient area.
- Step 6 – Preparing the recipient area: After numbing the recipient area the surgeon makes tiny incisions at specific angles in the areas with bald patches or hair thinning.
- Step 7 – Inserting grafts: The last step of the surgery is graft insertion. The surgeon carefully places the grafts into the tiny incisions, making sure they reach the desired depth and do not pop out.
Hair Transplant Recovery
Recovery from female hair transplant is time taking, and you need to be patient through the entire process to get the most out of your surgery.
- A downtime of 2 days may be required.
- You will be able to resume non-strenuous routine activities by the 4 day at most.
- Complete recovery will take several months.
- Transplanted hair will first fall out before they start – between 4th and 8th week.
- Growth of transplanted hair starts becoming notable after 6 to 8 months.
- It will take more than a year before you will be able to see the ultimate outcome of the surgery.
Listed below are some post-procedural instructions that you need to follow carefully to make sure you recover quickly and smoothly from the hair transplant:
- Immediately after the surgery, your scalp will be sore and swollen. Use cold compressions to alleviate these symptoms.
- Cold compressions will also help manage the post-surgical pain and discomfort.
- Start taking prescription pain medications immediately after the surgery.
- Do not wash your scalp for one day at least.
- Wash your head thrice on the third day, following your surgeon’s instructions.
- Do not take aspirin or any other blood thinning medication for two weeks after the hair transplant.
- Refrain from smoking for 3 weeks at least after the surgery – nicotine is not at all good for your follicles.
- Alcoholic beverages and caffeinated drinks should be avoided for a week at least.
- Avoid touching your scalp unnecessarily.
- Picking or scratching at the scab should be strictly avoided.
- Ultraviolet rays of sun are not good for your baby follicles.
- Do not massage your scalp for the first 10 days post- surgery.
If you want to undergo a female hair transplant in Dubai, we can help you book a consultation with one of our experts. just fill in the form above for a free consultation. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery offer female hair transplant in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest