In the past women were not considered good candidates for hair transplant because the procedure was not efficient enough to benefit them. While men were benefiting from hair transplant surgeries, it was rarely considered a workable treatment for their female counterparts suffering from hair loss. However, the latest advancements in surgical hair restoration have made female hair transplant in Dubai an ideal solution. Barring certain circumstances, females make equally good candidates for hair transplant.
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 Before & After Results
- 3 Are You a Candidate?
- 4 Female Hair Transplant Goals
- 5 Female Hair Transplant Techniques
- 6 Pre-op Preparation
- 7 Procedure
- 8 Post-op Care
- 9 Female Hair Transplant Cost in Dubai
- 10 Complications
- 11 Our Surgeons
- 12 Recovery
- 13 Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Before & After Results
The results of a hair transplant are life-lasting. The healthiest hair from the balding resistant areas of your scalp are taken for transplantation purposes. Therefore, they do not fall out easily even after being shifted to the baldness prone areas. No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Are You a Candidate?
Since women usually have diffuse hair thinning, they are not considered ideal candidates for hair transplant treatment. However, 2 to 5 percent of women suffer from a hair loss pattern that can be treated with hair transplant surgery. You are a candidate for female hair transplant in Dubai if:
- You want to restore hair around a surgical scar.
- You have a distinct baldness pattern – a receded hairline or crown thinning.
- You are suffering from hair loss caused by mechanical or traction alopecia.
- You have a hair loss caused by trauma – injury scars, burn scars or chemical burns.
Female Hair Transplant Goals
Like male hair transplant, the main objective of female hair transplant treatment is also to restore a thicker and fuller head of hair and enhance your appearance. Some major goals of the treatment are;
- To help you restore lost hair.
- Fill any bald patches caused by trauma or injury scars.
- Boost your self-confidence through an enhanced, youthful look.
Female Hair Transplant Techniques
Since women do not suffer from severe baldness, like men, they are not considered good candidates for strip removal method, also known as Follicular Unit Transplant. Females have two options available for surgical hair restoration:
- FUE Hair Transplant – Hair grafts are extracted manually using a punch tool.
- Stem Cell FUE Hair Transplant –a specially designed automated punch tool is used for donor hair harvesting.
If you have been declared a candidate for female hair transplant in Dubai and you are planning to undergo the surgery sometime in the near future, here are some tips on how to prepare for the surgery to get the most out of it:
- Stop taking aspirin and all other blood thinners 14 to 20 days prior to the surgery.
- Quit smoking three weeks before your hair transplant is scheduled.
- Cut your alcohol consumption a couple of weeks before the surgery.
- Get all the tests done and prescriptions filled well in advance.
Following steps are involved in the Latest Female Hair Transplant Surgery:
Step 1 – Preparation of donor area: Hair on the donor area will be trimmed really short to make it easy for the surgeon to extract individual hair follicles.
Step 2 – Anesthesia: After trimming and marking the donor area, local anesthesia is administered. It makes the donor area numb and the harvesting process becomes painless.
Step 3 – Extraction of donor’s hair: Then using either of the manual FUE Hair Transplant or Stem Cell FUE, the surgeon extracts donor hair.
Step 4 – Preparing grafts: The extracted follicles are then carefully trimmed under a powerful microscope by the technical staff to obtain grafts of the desired size.
Step 5 – Anesthesia again: Once the graft extraction process is complete, anesthesia is once again administered, but this time to the recipient area.
Step 6 – Preparing the recipient area: After numbing the recipient area, the surgeon makes tiny incisions at specific angles in the areas with bald patches or hair thinning.
Step 7 – Inserting grafts: The last step of the surgery is graft insertion. The surgeon carefully places the grafts into the tiny incisions, making sure they reach the desired depth and do not pop out.
Listed below are some post-procedural instructions that you need to follow carefully to ensure a quick and smooth recovery after the hair transplant:
- Immediately after the surgery, your scalp will be sore and swollen. Use cold compresses to alleviate these symptoms.
- Cold compressions will also help in managing post-surgical pain and discomfort.
- Start taking prescribed pain medications immediately after the surgery.
- Do not wash your scalp for one day at least.
- Wash your head thrice on the third day, following your surgeon’s instructions.
- Do not take aspirin or any other blood-thinning medication for two weeks after the hair transplant.
- Refrain from smoking for 3 weeks at least after the surgery – nicotine is not good at all for your follicles.
- Alcoholic beverages and caffeinated drinks should be avoided for at least a week.
- Avoid touching your scalp unnecessarily.
- Picking or scratching at the scab should be strictly avoided.
- Ultraviolet rays of the sun are not good for your baby follicles.
- Do not massage your scalp for the first 10 days post-surgery.
Female Hair Transplant Cost in Dubai
The cost of female hair transplant procedure varies from patient to patient because it depends on variable factors. These factors include number of grafts needed, hair transplant technique chosen, required hair density and expertise of the surgeon. However, on average the cost of female hair transplant in Dubai starts from AED 10,000 to AED 20,000 at our clinic. We have state-of-the-art equipment and well-trained staff to perform the procedure. It is advised to consult with our surgeons to get the exact quote for the treatment.
Female hair transplant Dubai has a few complications. However, they will be for a short time period. You can minimize the chances of complications by following precautionary measures discussed by your surgeon. Following is a list of possible risks;
- Risks related to anesthesia
Recovery from a female hair transplant in Dubai is time taking, and you need to be patient through the entire process to get the most out of your surgery.
- A downtime of 2 days is required.
- You will be able to resume non-strenuous routine activities after 4 days.
- Complete recovery will take several months.
- The transplanted hair will first fall out before they start growing– between 4th and 8th week.
- The growth of transplanted hair becomes notable after 6 to 8 months.
- It will take more than a year to see the ultimate outcomes of the surgery.
If you want to undergo a female hair transplant in Dubai, we can help you book a consultation with one of our experts. Just fill in the form given below and our staff members will book an appointment for you. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® offers fairly priced female hair restoration in Dubai, and Abu Dhabi. So, book your appointment now.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest