Acne scar is one of the most common skin conditions in Dubai, with a prevalence rate of 1 in 5 people. Some people are lucky enough to see it vanish as they grow old; others are not so fortunate. Even after the breakouts go away, they leave behind a visible reminder of acne in the form of a red mark, a deep scar, or a spot. Whatever the reason behind your acne scars is, be it your genes or bad habit of picking at acne, the truth is, they are always unwelcomed.
The good news is that acne scars can be effectively treated in several ways, from do-it-yourself natural remedies, over-the-counter creams, and ointments to various surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Let’s dive into the details and learn more about the acne scars treatment in Dubai.
Table of Contents
- 1 Signs & Symptoms
- 2 Causes of Acne scar
- 3 Types of Acne Scars
- 4 Acne Scar Removal Methods
- 5 Laser Acne Scar Removal
- 6 Machines Used
- 7 Before & After Results
- 8 Acne Scar Treatment Recovery
- 9 Our Doctors
- 10 Acne Scar Treatment FAQs
- 11 Get A Consultation
Signs & Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of acne scars are different for every patient. Recognizing these signs helps you get appropriate treatment before they ruin your skin. The first sign of the acne scar appears after the lesion or cyst heals in the form of a change in color or texture. Color changes are mostly not scars, but a condition called post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation. It usually fades over time. If acne lesions become severely inflamed or filled with pus, the skin becomes vulnerable to scarring. Scars may appear in the form of depressions in the skin called pitted scars and raised marks called superficial scars.
Causes of Acne scar
Acne scars are mostly the product of severely inflamed lesions like papules, cysts, and pustules. When acne breakouts penetrate the skin deeply, they damage the skin tissues beneath. After the acne clears, the body repairs this damage. During this healing process, collagen – an important substance that gives support to the skin – is produced. Too much or too little production of collagen leads to the appearance of acne scars. The type of scar also depends on the amount of collagen produced.
Types of Acne Scars
Depressed scars – Pits or depressions are formed on the skin when it produces too little collagen during healing.
Raised scars – Raised or superficial scars are formed when the skin produces too much collagen.
Ice pick scars – Deep scars on your skin along with sharp borders. The laser procedure is best for ice pick scars treatment in Dubai. This procedure allows you to get rid of the scars and makes your skin rejuvenated. The laser energy works by stabbing tiny microscopic holes in the surface of the skin.
Acne Scar Removal Methods
Various options are available for acne scars treatment in Dubai, depending on the severity and type of scars. The options include:
- Radio Frequency: It enhances the production of collagen which helps in removing acne scars.
- Micro-Needling: It delivers controlled injuries to the skin which stimulate the repairing process in the skin. As a result, collagen production is increased which removes the acne spots or scars.
- Chemical peels: Peels remove the upper damaged layer of the skin and reveal the new and healthy skin layer beneath. This new skin layer has no acne scars.
- Dermabrasion: It is an exfoliating technique that also removes the upper layer of skin with the help of a rotating device. So, the new skin layer that is revealed has no acne scars or any kind of spots. Dermabrasion is also an effective spot treatment Dubai.
- Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing: It is a non-surgical procedure that uses fractionated energy to remove the damaged parts of the skin instead of the whole skin. As a result, you get rid of the acne scars.
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light): It refers to a non-ablative procedure that involves a high-intensity pulse of visible light to remove the acne scars.
- Microdermabrasion: It is also an exfoliating technique but does not use abrasives for this purpose. Microdermabrasion involves a high-speed ultrasonic applicator to exfoliate the skin. The dead skin cells are removed and healthy skin is revealed that has no acne scars.
Laser Acne Scar Removal
All the treatments are effective for treating acne scars depending on their severity and type, but fractional CO2 laser resurfacing is considered best among all options. This is the reason that it is the most demanded and frequently performed laser treatment for acne scars in Dubai. During the treatment, a CO2 laser beam penetrates into the skin, making tiny wounds that stimulate the healing of the skin.
The following laser devices can be used for acne scar treatment;
- KMed Ellisys
- OGM Pollogen Legend
- Light Care Plexr
- Deka Smartxide
Before & After Results
The final results will take some time to appear and the duration depends on the severity and type of scars. However, the results will be long-lasting. No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Acne Scar Treatment Recovery
After the completion of acne scars treatment Dubai, you may experience redness and swelling in the treated area just like a mild sunburn. Your doctor will prescribe you a topical cream to soothe the treatment area and reduce side effects. Your skin will be photosensitive after treatment. So, you will have to avoid excessive sun exposure. Wear sunscreen regularly to avoid sunburn or any other complication. Ice packs may also help you relieve the discomfort you bear after treatment.
Acne Scar Treatment FAQs
Which Acne Scar Treatment is Best for Me?
We offer numerous professional acne scar treatments to help you get rid of embarrassing acne scars. These include microdermabrasion, chemical peels, dermal fillers and fractional CO2 lasers. All these are really effective but determining which treatment will be best for you is the job of your dermatologist.
Can Acne Scar Treatment be undergone while still having active acne?
To get the most out of your acne scar treatment, it is always advised to first get the active acne under control. Treating active acne is important because the presence of acne scars on your face shows that you have a skin type that is prone to scarring.
If acne is not controlled, new acne breakouts can cause new scars, thus ruining your and your dermatologist’s all scar removal efforts.
Is Fractional CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing Right for Dark Skin?
Generally laser therapy is efficient for people with fair complexion. However, with advancement in laser technology, dark skin tones can also be treated with Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing.
Get A Consultation
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic® offers a range of acne scar treatments. However, only an expert can tell which treatment is best for you and suits your skin. For this purpose, you can book a consultation session with our skin specialists. They will guide you about the acne scar removal treatments in Dubai and you can easily decide whether you want one or not, keeping your goals in mind.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest