Acne scar is one of the most common skin conditions today in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, with a prevalence rate of 1 in 5 people. Some people are lucky enough to see it vanish as they grow old; others are not so fortunate. Even after the breakouts go away, they leave behind a visible reminder of acne in the form of a red mark, a deep scar or a spot. Whatever the reason behind your acne scars is, be it your genes or your bad habit of picking at acne, the truth is, they are always unwelcomed.
The good news is that acne scars can be effectively treated in several ways, from do-it-yourself natural remedies, over-the-counter creams and ointments to various surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Let’s dive into the details and learn more about the acne scar treatment in Dubai.
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 Before & After Results
- 3 Signs & Symptoms
- 4 Causes of Acne scar
- 5 Types of Acne Scars
- 6 Acne Scar Removal Methods
- 7 Recommended Treatments
- 8 Acne Scar Treatment Recovery
- 9 Our Doctors
- 10 Acne Scar Treatment FAQ’s
- 11 Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Before & After Results
The final results will take some time to appear and the duration depends on the severity and type of scars. However, the results will be long-lasting. No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Signs & Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of acne scars may be different for every patient. Recognizing these signs helps to get appropriate treatment before they ruin your skin. The first sign of the acne scar appears after lesion or cyst heals in the form of change in color or texture. Color changes are mostly not scars, but a condition called post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation. It usually fades over time. If acne lesions become severely inflamed or filled with pus, skin becomes vulnerable to scarring. Scars may appear in the form of depressions in the skin called pitted scars and raised marks called superficial scars.
Causes of Acne scar
Acne scars are mostly the product of severely inflamed lesions like papule, cyst, and pustule. When acne breakouts penetrate the skin deeply, they damage the skin tissues beneath. After the acne clears, the body repairs this damage. During this healing process, collagen – an important substance that gives support to the skin – is produced. Too much or too little production of collagen leads to the appearance of acne scars. The type of scar also depends on the amount of collagen produced.
Types of Acne Scars
Depressed scars – Pits or depressions are formed on the skin when the skin produces too little collagen during healing.
Raised scars – Raised or superficial scars are formed when the skin produces too much collagen.
Ice pick scars – Deep scars on your skin along with sharp borders. The laser procedure is best for ice pick scars treatment in Dubai. This procedure allows you to get rid of the scars and makes your skin rejuvenated. The laser energy works by stabbing tiny microscopic holes in the surface of the skin.
Acne Scar Removal Methods
Various options are available for acne scar treatment in Dubai, depending on the severity and type of scars. The options include:
- Radio Frequency: It enhances the production of collagen which helps in removing acne scars.
- Micro-Needling: It delivers controlled injuries to the skin which stimulate the repairing process in skin causing an increase in the collagen production that removes the acne spots or scars.
- Chemical peels: Peels remove the upper damaged layer of the skin and reveal the new and healthy skin layer beneath. This new skin layer has no acne scars.
- Dermabrasion: It is an exfoliating technique that also removes the upper layer of skin with the help of a rotating device. So, the new skin layer that is revealed has no acne scars or any kind of spots. Dermabrasion is also an effective spot treatment Dubai.
- Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing: It is a non-surgical procedure that uses fractionated energy to remove the damaged parts of the skin instead of the whole skin. As a result, you get rid of the acne scars.
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light): It refers to a non-ablative procedure that involves a high intensity pulse of visible light to remove the acne scars.
- Microdermabrasion: It is also an exfoliating technique but does not use abrasives for this purpose. Microdermabrasion involves a high-speed ultrasonic applicator to exfoliate the skin. The dead skin cells are removed and healthy skin is revealed that has no acne scars.
All the spot treatments Dubai are effective for treating acne scars depending on their severity and type, but fractional CO2 laser resurfacing is considered best among all options. This is the reason that it is the most demanded and frequently performed cosmetic procedure. During the treatment, CO2 laser beam penetrates into the skin, making tiny wounds which stimulates the healing of skin.
Acne Scar Treatment Recovery
After the completion of acne scar treatment Dubai, you may experience redness and swelling in the treated area just like a mild sunburn. Your doctor will prescribe you topical cream to soothe the treatment area and reduce side effects. Your skin will be photosensitive after treatment. So, you will have to avoid excessive sun exposure. Wear sunscreen regularly to avoid sunburn or any other complication. Ice packs may also help you to relieve the discomfort you are bearing after treatment.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic® offers a range of acne scar treatments. However, only an expert can tell you which treatment is best for you and suits your skin. For this purpose, you can book a free online consultation session with our expert skin specialists. They will guide you about the acne scar treatment Dubai and you can easily decide whether you want to get it done or not, keeping your goals in mind.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest