New laser technology is being used to remove tattoos. The laser beam targets tattoo pigments and breaks them down using high-intensity light. It is generally a safe method for tattoo removal, though individual results may vary. The advanced laser device has the ability to remove the tattoo ink color in the most effective way.
Laser tattoo removal is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment that eliminates tattoos from the body. It has successfully replaced all the other traditional methods of tattoo removal that were being used previously.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery offers Laser Tattoo Removal in Dubai at an affordable price.
What is Laser Tattoo Removal?
Laser tattoo removal is a technique that helps you get rid of unwanted tattoos with minimal pain. It utilizes a special laser device that directs the laser beam on the tattoo to be removed. The laser beam targets tattoo pigments, breaking them down into smaller particles that are then expelled from the body through the lymphatic system. During the whole procedure, the surrounding skin does not get harmed.
Who is a Good Candidate?
You can be an ideal candidate for tattoo removal if you;
- Have overall good health, both mental and physical.
- Are free from any active skin diseases or infections.
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Have realistic expectations from the treatment.
Which Laser Device is Used?
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we use two FDA-approved machines that are safe for use.
- PICO Genesis Enlighten III Laser
- Q-Switched ND: YAG Laser
Pre Care Instructions
Your doctor will advise you with some pre-instruction so that your procedure goes smoothly. You get desired results.
- Clean your skin of the targeted area and remove hair.
- Avoid undergoing any other laser treatment before your laser tattoo removal session.
- Hold on to makeup, moisturizer, and any other location in the tattoo area.
- Use a high SPF sunscreen to protect the area from excessive sun exposure.
Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure
Laser tattoo removal treatment may not require anesthesia, as the pain is generally manageable. The duration of the procedure can vary, typically ranging from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the size and complexity of the tattoo. The procedural steps are as follows;
- First of all, the laser therapist applies a numbing cream to the treatment site for almost 30-45 minutes.
- The numbing cream is then wiped off, and a cooling gel is applied so that you can tolerate the laser heat.
- A hand-held laser device is brought closer to the targeted area.
- The device emits short pulses of a high-intensity laser beam, breaking the ink pigments into tiny particles.
- The lymphatic system of the body then removes these particles.
- The settings of the laser system are adjusted based on the color of the tattoo. Lighter tattoo colors may require more time and sessions to fade effectively.
- Ice packs may be used to minimize discomfort.
- Your laser specialist may apply a topical antibiotic to the treatment site as a precaution against infection.
- Apply the prescribed soothing gel which will reduce swelling.
- Hold on to strenuous exercises and chlorine water swimming.
- Place ice packs on the targeted place.
- Do not touch and scratch that area.
- Apply the prescribed healing cream to aid in recovery.
Before & After Result
Laser Tattoo Removal Cost at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic
The cost of laser tattoo removal varies from patient to patient because it depends on varying factors which include;
- Color of the tattoo
- Type of the skin
- Size of the tattoo
- Type of laser being used
- Treatment area
- The expertise of the therapist
- Time required
All these factors play their part in cost estimation. However, the starting cost of laser tattoo removal in Dubai is AED 500. You can visit the cost page to know the details or consult with our laser specialist.
The following Benefits of Laser Tattoo Removal will help to think you get this treatment for tattoo removal.
- It is a non-surgical treatment.
- It is a quick procedure with a short recovery time.
- There is typically minimal downtime involved, but this can vary based on the individual’s response to the treatment.
- There are no severe side effects.
- Laser tattoo removal can be effective for darker skin tones, but it may require special considerations.
- It typically causes less pain than surgical tattoo removal procedures.
Laser Tattoo Removal FAQs
What to expect after laser tattoo removal?
You might experience swelling, tenderness, and redness at the treated site. However, all these conditions will subside within a day or two after the treatment. Scabs or blisters are formed at the treatment site, which is quite normal and takes a week or more to heal completely.
Does laser tattoo removal hurt?
The tattoo removal procedure can cause some discomfort, which is generally minimal and bearable. It usually feels like a rubber band snapping against your skin. To reduce discomfort, a numbing cream is often applied before starting the procedure.
How many sessions are required to remove the tattoo completely?
On average, removing a tattoo may require 4-6 sessions, though more complex tattoos can require 10 sessions or more. The number of required sessions varies from one patient to another because it depends on some factors. These factors include;
The size of the tattoo
Type of tattoo ink
Your skin type and tone
The number of sessions required can vary based on skin tone, with lighter skin often responding more quickly than darker skin. Black, red, and blue tattoo inks typically require fewer sessions to fade, compared to other colors. However, colors like yellow and green often require more sessions for effective removal.
Are the results permanent?
Yes, laser tattoo removal offers permanent results. The tattoo is expected to disappear completely after the required number of sessions, although individual results may vary.
Possible Side Effects
While the risks associated with laser tattoo removal are generally rare and minimal, it’s important to discuss potential side effects with your specialist. Below are the possible side effects that can occur due to this treatment.
- Laser burn or wound
- In some cases, traces of tattoo ink may remain visible even after the completion of the treatment.
Schedule A Consultation
If you’re looking to remove old and undesired tattoos, laser tattoo removal could be an option. You can consult with our laser experts at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic to remove your tattoos Yes, we are offering an initial consultation to all our patients who want to undergo laser tattoo removal treatment in Dubai. You just need to fill out the form given below, and we will schedule your appointment right away. To explore the location of Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, visit our address guide.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest