Making tattoos on different body parts is an ancient technique of body art. Permanent tattoos are made by inserting ink into the skin which makes them long-lasting and not easy to remove. Even though it is a common trend still the majority of people regret having tattoos at some point in their lives. It is not easy to remove permanent tattoos but with Laser Tattoo Removal in Dubai, you can get rid of them permanently.
It is a non-surgical method introduced to eliminate tattoos from the body and gives effective results. It has successfully replaced all the other traditional methods of tattoo removal that were being used previously.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Laser Tattoo Removal?
- 2 *Facts You Must Know
- 3 Are you a Candidate?
- 4 Which Machine & Laser is used?
- 5 How to prepare for the treatment?
- 6 Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure
- 7 Our Doctors
- 8 Aftercare Instructions
- 9 Benefits of Laser Tattoo Removal
- 10 Recovery
- 11 Laser Tattoo Removal Dubai Cost
- 12 Laser Tattoo Removal FAQs
- 13 Schedule A Free Consultation
What is Laser Tattoo Removal?
Laser tattoo removal Dubai is a technique that helps you get rid of unwanted permanent tattoos with minimal pain. It utilizes a special laser device that directs the laser beam on the tattoo to be removed. The laser beam heats the tattoo pigments which break down into smaller particles of ink and get expelled from the body through the lymphatic system. In the whole procedure, the surrounding skin does not get harmed.
Are you a Candidate?
You can be an ideal candidate for permanent tattoo removal Dubai if you meet the following conditions;
- You have overall good health both mental and physical.
- You do not suffer from any skin disease or infection.
- You are not pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have realistic expectations from the treatment.
- You should be more than 18 years old.
Which Machine & Laser is used?
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we use the Medica PICO laser system to perform laser tattoo removal. Moreover, the type of laser used for the procedure is Q-switched Nd: YAG laser. It is approved by the FDA for tattoo removal in Dubai and is safe to use.
How to prepare for the treatment?
In order to undergo the laser treatment for tattoo removal, you need to follow some instructions to prepare for it. These instructions include;
- Use sunscreen with strong SPF and avoid excessive sun exposure for almost 3-4 weeks.
- Do not wax or thread the tattoo area.
- Take all the prescribed medicines on time.
- Take enough sleep the night before the treatment.
Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure
There is no need to administer anesthesia during the laser tattoo removal Dubai because it does not cause any pain. You might require 4-6 sessions for the complete removal of the tattoo. The number of sessions depends on the area of the tattoo, the color of the tattoo’s ink, and the type of skin. It is comparatively easier to remove the tattoo that is black in color because black ink effectively absorbs heat. It can take 30 minutes to an hour to perform the procedure, depending on the size of the tattoo. The procedure includes the following steps;
- First of all, the laser therapist applies a numbing cream to the treatment site for almost 30-45 minutes.
- The numbing cream is then wiped off and a cooling gel is applied so that you can tolerate the laser heat.
- A hand-held laser device is brought closer to the targeted area.
- The device emits short pulses of the high-intensity laser beam which breaks the ink pigments into tiny particles.
- These particles are then removed by the lymphatic system of the body.
- The settings of the laser system are changed according to the color of the tattoos. The light colors take a lot of time and effort to fade away.
- Ice packs are used to minimize the discomfort.
- Your laser specialist might also apply a topical antibiotic to the treatment site to prevent infection.
To ensure a smooth recovery and successful results, you need to follow these aftercare instructions;
- Apply antibiotic ointment to the treated area to avoid infections.
- Use ice packs to minimize pain and discomfort.
- Keep the treatment site dry for one day after the treatment. Do not wash the treatment site or take shower for 6-8 hours after the treatment.
- Do not touch the targeted area and avoid scratching the scabs.
- Use sunscreen when going out and avoid the sun even after the procedure.
- If you feel pain, take the prescribed pain killers.
Benefits of Laser Tattoo Removal
Laser Tattoo Removal Dubai has numerous benefits and very few side-effects. Some of the major benefits include;
- It is non-surgical and does not leave a scar.
- It is minimally invasive.
- It removes the tattoo permanently no matter how stubborn they are.
- It is a quick procedure.
- It has a short recovery period and little to no downtime.
- It does not cause pain unlike the surgical methods for tattoo removal.
- It does not have any severe side-effects.
- Laser tattoo removal is effective for darker skin tones as well.
You might experience swelling, tenderness, and redness at the treated site. However, all these conditions will subside within a day or two after the treatment. Scabs or blisters are formed at the treatment site which is quite normal and takes a week or more to heal completely.
Laser Tattoo Removal Dubai Cost
The cost of laser tattoo removal varies from patient to patient because it depends on varying factors. These factors include;
- Color of the tattoo
- Type of the skin
- Size of the tattoo
- Type of laser being used
- Treatment area
- The expertise of the therapist
- Time required
All these factors play their part in cost estimation. However, the average starting price of laser tattoo removal is AED 500. You can visit the tattoo removal cost page to know the details or consult with our laser specialist.
Laser Tattoo Removal FAQs
Schedule A Free Consultation
If you have any queries regarding the permanent laser tattoo removal in Dubai, feel free to contact us. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®, you can book a free consultation by filling the form below. Initial consultation with the specialist before undergoing the treatment is always a wise choice.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest