Melasma is a skin discoloration that can often be found on the facial region. The appearance of Melasma is common among women in their early to late twenties. The biggest factor that causes this kind of skin discoloration is the excessive exposure to the heat of the sun. A person can assess himself if he has melasma, when brown or tan spots start to appear on the surface of the skin.
Melasma also known as hyper-pigmentation often develops during the summer and can be less visible in the winter or cold season. Melasma commonly appears on the central face, cheekbones and jawline because the sun usually hits the face first. It has been stated that melasma is not common among men and that 80% of people affected by this type of skin discoloration are women. However, this skin condition can be treated through melasma treatment in Dubai.
Before & After
No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Causes of Melasma
There can be several causes of melasma that are mentioned below;
- Excessive sun exposure.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Hormonal changes in teenagers.
- Hormonal changes in pregnant women.
- Can be an effect of birth control pills.
- Thyroid disease.
- Anti-seizure medications.
- Body and skin products with strong chemical ingredients that can trigger skin pigmentation once exposed to too much heat of the sun.
- Heat from bakeries and factories can also cause melasma to workers working in this type of environment.
When planning to undergo Melasma tretament in Dubai, always try to consult a dermatologist to understand what is really happening and what should be done in this type of skin discoloration. Never try a do-it-yourself home remedy, for there are chemicals that can aggravate the skin making its condition even worse.
Ways to Treat Melasma
- Avoid too much sun exposure especially in the summer season when heat is unbearable.
- Use sun protection when planning for a beach vacation.
- Use SPF creams on a daily basis.
- Women, who wear makeup for work, can choose a wide variety and brands of makeup that carry lines with SPF protection to lessen the effect of the sun especially on the facial region.
- Use wide-rimmed hats to shade the face from the sun.
- Topical creams with hydroquinone, tretinoin, corticosteroids, azelaic acid and kojic acid are prescribed by dermatologists to lighten the skin and avoid skin discolorations like melasma.
- Laser therapies are new techniques for melasma treatment in Dubai when all other topical creams do not help diminish melasma.
- Fraxel laser received new FDA approval specifically to treat skin pigmentation problems such as melasma. The benefit of this treatment is that it can safely treat the pigment producing cells while protecting the outer layer of skin at the same time. Anyone who goes through this type of treatment should avoid the sun and must be vigilant in using high grade UVA and UVB protection all the time.
- Chemical Peels can also be used to treat melasma. These acidic solutions are applied to the skin which completely remove the spots. It has less side effects with no downtime and stimulates the collagen production.
- Microdermabrasion helps in treating melasma by exfoliating the skin through tiny crystals. Few sessions are required to get the best results.
To learn more about Melasma treatment in Dubai, book an appointment from anywhere in the UAE, or visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery clinic. You can also sign up for a free online consultation with our Melasma treatment experts. Just take a minute and fill in the form below.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest