Melasma is a skin discoloration condition that is often found in the facial region. The appearance of Melasma is common among women in their early to late twenties. The biggest factor that causes this kind of skin discoloration is excessive exposure to the heat of the sun. A person can assess himself if he has melasma when brown or tan spots start to appear on the surface of the skin.
Melasma, also known as hyperpigmentation, often develops during the summer and can be less visible in the winter or cold season. Melasma commonly appears on the central face, cheekbones and jawline because the sun usually hits the face first. It has been reported that melasma is not common among men and 80% of people affected by this type of skin discoloration are women. However, this skin condition can be treated with melasma treatment in Dubai.
Table of Contents
Before & After
No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Causes of Melasma
There can be several causes of melasma that are mentioned below;
- Excessive sun exposure.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Hormonal changes in teenagers.
- Hormonal changes in pregnant women.
- Effect of birth control pills.
- Thyroid disease.
- Anti-seizure medications.
- Skin products with strong chemical ingredients, that trigger skin pigmentation once exposed to the sun.
- The heat from bakeries and factories can also cause melasma among workers working in this type of environment.
When planning to undergo Melasma treatment in Dubai, always try to consult with a dermatologist to understand what is really happening and what should be done to treat this skin discoloration. Never try a do-it-yourself home remedy, for there are chemicals that can aggravate the skin making its condition even worse.
- Avoid too much sun exposure especially in the summer season when the heat is unbearable.
- Use sun protection when planning for a beach vacation.
- Use SPF creams on a daily basis.
- Women, who wear makeup for work, can choose a wide variety and brands of makeup that carry lines with SPF protection to lessen the effect of the sun, especially on the facial region.
- Use wide-brimmed hats to cover the face from the sun.
- Topical creams with hydroquinone, tretinoin, corticosteroids, azelaic acid and kojic acid are prescribed by dermatologists to lighten the skin discolorations like melasma.
- Laser therapies are new techniques for melasma treatment Dubai when all other topical creams do not help diminish melasma.
- Fraxel laser also received FDA approval to treat skin pigmentation problems such as melasma. The benefit of this treatment is that it can safely treat the pigment-producing cells while protecting the outer layer of skin at the same time. Anyone who goes through this type of treatment should avoid the sun and must be vigilant in using high-grade UVA and UVB protection all the time.
- Chemical Peels can also be used to treat melasma. An acidic solution is applied to the skin which removes the spots. It has fewer side-effects with no downtime. Also, it stimulates collagen production.
- Microdermabrasion helps in treating melasma by exfoliating the skin through tiny crystals. Few sessions are required to get the best results.
Which Machine is Used?
The device used to perform melasma treatment is PICO.
Schedule A Consultation
To learn more about Melasma treatment, book an appointment or visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic. We offer an initial consultation with our melasma treatment experts. Just take a minute and fill in the form given below. Once you fill the form, one of our staff members will get back to you to schedule your consultation session.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest