What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty or nose surgery is one of the most requested cosmetic surgeries in the world. It is a procedure used for nose reshaping to correct different nose abnormalities. Also known as a nose job in Dubai, it can be performed for cosmetic or health reasons such as a deviated septum that interferes in breathing. You can try this procedure, if your nose is too broad, too long, or has bumps on it. A number of factors define rhinoplasty cost but the average cost is approximately AED 20,000 or $5,445.
- 1. What is Rhinoplasty?
- 2. *Facts You Must Know
- 3. What are the Reasons to get Rhinoplasty In Dubai?
- 4. What is Revision Rhinoplasty?
- 5. Who is the Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
- 6. What is Bulbous Nose Surgery?
- 7. Goals
- 8. What are the Alternatives Nose Treatments?
- 9. How to prepare for Rhinoplasty?
- 10. How is Rhinoplasty Performed?
- 11. Rhinoplasty Surgeons Dubai
- 12. What should be discussed during the consultation?
- 13. Rhinoplasty Benefits
- 14. Expected Results
- 15. Before & After
- 16. Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty) FAQ’s
- 17. Risks & Complications
- 18. Rhinoplasty Recovery
- 19. Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
What are the Reasons to get Rhinoplasty In Dubai?
Reasons to have a rhinoplasty procedure vary from person to person. However, there are two primary reasons to get nose job i.e. aesthetic and medical.
Some people, who feel that their nose is negatively affecting their overall features usually go through this procedure to:
- Reconstruct the nose.
- Lift their nose up.
- Reduce or increase the size of their nose.
- Make the nose surface smooth.
Apart from aesthetic reasons, there are some medical reasons as well to get rhinoplasty in Dubai and they include:
- Correcting a breathing problem.
- Fixing a broken nose.
- Correcting a birth defect.
What is Revision Rhinoplasty?
What if the results of your nose job in Dubai are not satisfactory? Can you make more changes to it? What to do if you do not like the results? Usually, a second surgery, known as a correction or revision rhinoplasty, is needed to correct the structure or fix what went wrong during the first attempt. However, we deliver perfection in just one session.
Who is the Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
You may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty in Dubai if:
- Your nose is too small or too large in comparison to other facial features.
- You have humps and depressions on your nose bridge.
- Your nose is wide.
- Your nose tip is droopy, protruding, bulbous or enlarged.
- You have a crooked nose.
- Your nose is asymmetrical.
What is Bulbous Nose Surgery?
Bulbous nose surgery is a rhinoplasty procedure that is used to enhance the tip of the nose. The procedure is performed by refining the tip of the cartilages, saturating them together and finally adding cartilages harvested from the ear or septum to the top of your nose. A huge number of nose surgery patients request for this surgery.
The goal of rhinoplasty is to improve the aesthetic appearance of the nose or correct functional problems caused by structural irregularities. It aims to:
- Improve a narrow or uneven nose bridge.
- Improve wide or narrow nostrils.
- Improve the appearance of a crooked nose.
What are the Alternatives Nose Treatments?
Rhinoplasty is performed to improve the aesthetic appearance of the nose. For minor issues, the nose can be corrected with some non-surgical alternatives like:
- Use of Injectable fillers – Dermal fillers are an effective non-surgical treatment for improving the humps and depressions on the nose bridge, as well as the symmetry of the nose.
How to prepare for Rhinoplasty?
Before getting the rhinoplasty in Dubai, we highly recommend you to prepare for the surgical procedure so that you can get the best outcomes with a speedy recovery. Our surgeon will guide you on the basis of your medical history, goals, and other important aspects. However, the following are a few common guidelines.
- Avoid alcohol consumption for about 1 week.
- Avoid smoking 8-10 days before the surgery.
- Avoid all kinds of blood thinners prior to your surgery.
- Don’t intake any kind of supplement for about 1 week before the procedure.
- Take a good night’s sleep.
- On the day of surgery, don’t wear any kind of jewelry.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes on the day of surgery.
- Keep realistic expectations.
- Let your doctor know if you have any kind of allergies or if you are using specific medicines.
How is Rhinoplasty Performed?
Rhinoplasty/Nose surgery is a complex cosmetic surgical procedure that requires great expertise. It is performed on an outpatient basis and the duration of the procedure varies depending on the complexity of the surgery and the technique used. The procedural steps include:
Administration of general anesthesia.
Making incisions in the appropriate area depending on the technique. Incisions are made:
- Inside the nostrils in closed rhinoplasty.
- Across the columella – narrow strip of tissues between the nostrils – in open rhinoplasty.
Step # 3
Then the skin will be raised to allow access to make the alterations.
Step # 4
The surgeon will make the required alterations including:
- Removing bone or cartilage to reduce the size of the nose.
- Attaching a cartilage graft to increase the size of the nose.
- Straightening a deviated septum.
- Sculpting the underlying structure to the desired shape.
Step # 5
Finally, the skin will be re-draped and the incisions will be stitched closed using either absorbable or non-absorbable stitches.
Rhinoplasty Surgeons Dubai
What should be discussed during the consultation?
If you have given much thought to the surgery and decided to go ahead with it, then you should discuss the following things beforehand:
- Discuss the step by step surgery procedure, risks involved and the outcomes you expect from the surgery.
- Discuss the different options available for nose reshaping.
- Discuss any health problems that you have and disclose your full medical history.
- You need to have a clear view of your nose before and after surgery. You can do that by taking pictures before surgery or doing a 3D simulation.
Rhinoplasty has many aesthetic and health benefits. Some of them include:
- Improved shape of the nose.
- The nose becomes proportionate to the rest of the facial features.
- Improvement in facial symmetry.
If the nose reshaping procedure is performed by an experienced and board-certified plastic surgeon, then you should expect good and lasting results after the procedure.
Before & After
After the surgery, your nose will become sensitive and swollen for a couple of weeks. The final results of the surgery will become apparent after the swelling subsides completely. About 90% of the swelling will subside in about three weeks but it may take more time to subside completely. The results of nose surgery are permanent. We do not give any guarantee, as the results vary from one person to another.
Risks & Complications
There are a few risks involved in the procedure because it is surgery and like most surgeries, it requires anesthesia. A good surgeon will always tell you about the risks involved and will try to mentally prepare you for any unexpected outcome of the procedure. The most common types of risks and complications involved are:
- Like any other surgery, there is a chance of infection, healing problems, or breathing difficulties.
- There is also a possibility that the person would need a correction surgery if something goes wrong with the first surgery.
- Anesthesia complications can also happen.
The recovery is different for every patient depending on certain factors, some of which may be unique, but there are some elements of recovery that are common for all patients.
- You will feel more pain and discomfort for a couple of days after the surgery, which will reduce in subsequent days.
- Stitches will be removed within 3 to 7 days after surgery.
If you are looking for a high-quality nose surgery treatment in Dubai, or Abu Dhabi, fill-up the form and set up a free consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest