Hand Rejuvenation with PRP therapy is a widely used procedure to help restore the appearance of the hands and address signs of aging. Our hands, like certain parts of our face, are often among the first parts of our body to show signs of aging. That’s probably because our hands are constantly exposed to factors, including chemicals and the sun. Also, we are constantly working with our hands, exposing them to pollution and other harsh environmental factors 24/7. Fortunately, signs of skin damage and aging can potentially be mitigated through hand rejuvenation treatments like PRP.
Table of Contents
What is PRP?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) obtained from one’s body primarily consists of concentrated platelets and plasma, which may include various growth factors. The growth factors in platelets, play a role in skin healing and rejuvenation.
Are You A Candidate?
Before undergoing PRP Hand Rejuvenation in Dubai, it is important to consider whether you are a suitable candidate for the treatment or not. You are an ideal candidate if:
- You struggle with the loss of volume in your hands.
- You are concerned about the appearance of veins and prominent bone structures on the top of your hands.
- You have wrinkly hands, and the skin on your hands has thinned over the years.
- You want to get rid of age spots on your hands.
- You want to improve and enhance the texture and complexion of your skin.
- You must be in good health.
- You have realistic expectations from the treatment.
After consultation and getting all the physical examinations done, your surgeon will provide you a list of pre-op instructions to follow. They might vary for each individual slightly. However, the general instructions are enlisted below;
- Avoid taking blood-thinning and anti-inflammatory medications along with any supplements.
- Ensure consistent use of sunscreen to protect your skin, especially if it is sensitive.
- Staying hydrated is beneficial for overall health and may aid in recovery. It is generally recommended to drink adequate water daily.
- Get all your prescriptions ahead of time.
How is the Procedure Performed?
PRP Hand rejuvenation is certainly an amazing procedure as it allows the body to use its own blood to heal and repair itself. The procedure is quick and is completed in less than an hour. The procedure typically includes the following key steps:
- Initially, blood is drawn out from your body into a sterile tube.
- The blood is then centrifuged to separate it into distinct layers, isolating the platelet-rich plasma from other blood components.
- Numbing cream may be applied to the hands to minimize discomfort during the procedure. Afterward, the platelet-rich plasma is injected into the hands.
- This concludes the procedure and a cooling gel may be applied to soothe the skin.
It is vitally important that you follow all the post-op instructions provided by your surgeon. Here are a few of the general ones;
- Take antibiotics only if prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Refrain from any strenuous activities.
- Consult your physician before taking any painkillers if you experience discomfort post-treatment.
- Stay well-hydrated to support the healing process.
- Use cold compresses to minimize the swelling on the hands.
- Avoid blood-thinning medications for a period as advised by your physician, as they can increase the risk of bruising.
- Use sunscreen and keep your hands moisturized all the time.
After the PRP Hand Rejuvenation Treatment, improvements may be noticeable within a few weeks, with optimal results typically appearing within 3 to 4 months, although this can vary. The number of sessions required varies from person to person. The duration of the results can vary, but they often last for a significant period.
There are endless benefits of Hand rejuvenation with PRP. However, enlisted below are the three key benefits that make it a star among other treatments.
- It is considered a more natural treatment option as it uses the patient’s own blood.
- The risk of allergic reactions is generally lower since the treatment involves using your own blood, but individual responses can vary.
- The results may last longer than some other treatments such as fillers, but individual results can vary.
Schedule A Consultation
If you are interested in getting a consultation for hand rejuvenation with PRP in Dubai, simply fill in the form below. One of our representatives will contact you shortly to schedule your appointment. This consultation session allows you to discuss your fears and concerns regarding a particular treatment. Get an expert opinion and see how you will look after the treatment with the latest technology. Also, get an exact quote for yourself and know about all the latest discounts offered at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic. We also offer 100% financing with 0% interest to our valued clients.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest