Since we put a lot of foreign matter into our mouths in the form of food, the mouth tends to harbor a lot of bacteria. These bacteria, when coming into contact with our oral fluids, form plaque on the teeth, which can be removed through normal oral hygiene of flossing, and brushing our teeth. When plaque is not taken care of, it hardens into tartar, which carries a lot of bacteria and can only be removed by a dentist through professional cleaning. If your teeth continue to harbor the hardened bacteria, it invites a host of gum diseases also known as periodontal diseases which can be treated through a special periodontal treatment in Dubai.
What are Periodontal diseases?
Periodontal diseases are the ailments confined only to the gum. They range from minor inflammations of the gum to serious diseases that can lead to damaged soft tissues and eventually loss of teeth and bone. Gum diseases often develop slowly without causing any pain. Sometimes, you don’t experience any symptoms until the disease has spread to the bone.
Types of Periodontal Diseases
There are three stages of periodontal diseases and they range from the least severe to the most severe.
- Gingivitis: When the bacteria stays on your teeth for long, it causes a disease known as gingivitis, which is the inflammation of gums. When you have gingivitis, your gums start bleeding, become swollen, and turn red. This disease can be easily reversed by reverting to stringent dental hygiene like brushing, flossing, and the usual dental cleaning by the dentist. Since gingivitis is mild, it doesn’t lead to any loss of teeth or jaw tissues.
- Periodontitis: If you decide to leave gingivitis untreated, it can lead to Periodontitis, basically inflammation of the tissue surrounding the tooth. This disease is not as mild as gingivitis because it causes the gums to pull away from the teeth, leaving pockets that host bacteria leading to infection.
- Advanced Periodontitis: When Periodontitis is not treated, the plaque develops below the gum line which leads to the breakdown of connective tissues. If you don’t go to the dentist for treatment, the connective tissues including the bone and gums are destroyed, and you end up losing your teeth.
Causes of Periodontal Diseases
- Hormonal changes: If you are not female, you do not have to worry about this. When hormones change among females during pregnancy or puberty, some of the women tend to have sensitive gums, which can easily become a breeding ground for gingivitis.
- Smoking: If smoking has not caused any type of cancer in you, it might give you some sort of gum disease. Actually, it is the biggest cause of periodontal diseases according to research.
- Certain medications: Certain medicines that may affect the flow of saliva can lead to gum diseases. Just in case you did not know, saliva protects our teeth and gums.
- Diabetes: People who suffer from diabetes are more prone to infections, which include gum diseases.
- Mental stress: When we are mentally stressed, our bodies find it difficult to fight infections, leaving us an open season to infections, including but not limited to gum diseases.
- Bad breath
- Swollen or tender gums
- Bleeding gums
- Loose teeth with gaps
- Exposure of roots
- Pus discharge
Here is what you can do to protect yourself from gum diseases;
- Make a routine of visiting your dentist at least every six months.
- Stop smoking cigarettes and avoid using any other tobacco products.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, and remember to floss on a daily basis.
- If your nutrition is leaning on the poor side, make sure it is balanced.
Periodontal diseases are usually treated through three different techniques which are as follows;
- Periodontal surgery including bone and tissue grafts, and flap surgery.
- Non-surgical treatments like root planing and scaling which are forms of deep cleaning.
- Periodontal laser therapy
Periodontal Laser Therapy
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®, our periodontists use laser therapy to treat gum diseases. It is an effective, minimally invasive and virtually painless treatment for gum problems. Comprising of three simple steps, laser therapy reduces the advancement of periodontal diseases and saves you from surgery. Normally, Waterlase laser technology is used to perform the procedure. During the treatment, the dentist removes the affected epithelial lining from the periodontal pockets and the calculus from the surface of roots. After that, the pockets are sealed with the help of a fibrin clot.
Benefits of Laser Periodontal Treatment
- It is minimally invasive and does not require any cutting.
- It is painless and does not cause major discomfort.
- Less or no swelling occurs after the treatment.
- It does not cause any bleeding and has fast healing.
- Recovery is fast.
- It is a safe treatment option.
Cost of Periodontal Treatment
Periodontal treatment cost in Dubai differs from person to person depending upon the type of disease, treatment performed, and the severity of the problem. Therefore, contact us to know about the exact cost of the treatment.
Schedule A Free Consultation
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic® provides fairly-priced Periodontal Treatment in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. To get a consultation with our periodontist, fill in the form, or call us on the number given. We offer a free consultation to all our patients and provide them with the best dental care. So, book your appointment now.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest