TMJ disorder occurs due to a disturbance in the jaw joint that works like a sliding hinge. This joint works to connect your jawbone to your skull. Each side of the jaw contains this joint and TMJ disorder can cause pain in the said joint as well as the muscles that regulate your jaw movement. But you don’t have to worry now because this condition can be treated with TMJ disorder treatment in Dubai.
Table of Contents
The symptoms and signs of the TMJ disorder include;
- Tenderness or pain in the jaw.
- Pain in one or both sides of your jaws.
- Facial pain.
- Pain in or around your ears.
- Discomfort while chewing anything.
- Difficulty in opening and closing your mouth.
It is not an easy task to know the exact cause of TMJ disorder. In some of the cases, the cause isn’t clear. You may feel pain due to various factors like arthritis, genetics, and jaw injury, etc. However, some of the main causes of TMJ disorder include;
- Damaged joint cartilage due to arthritis.
- The disk movement in an improper way which leads to disturbance in alignment.
- Damaged joint due to an injury.
Are You A Candidate?
When you want to get TMJ disorder treatment in Dubai, you need to know if you are a good candidate for the treatment or not. A dentist can better guide you about it. However, for your own analysis, if you are experiencing the following problems, you can be a good candidate for TMJ disorder treatment.
- Suffering from severe pain in your jaw.
- Hearing a popping sound whenever you try to close or open your mouth, even when you are eating.
- Having a chronic headache.
- Feeling pain while chewing.
If you are facing these problems, you need to seek expert advice on an immediate basis. Any kind of delay can be harmful to you.
Various treatment plans are available for TMJ disorder. Sometimes medicines serve as the best solution but sometimes therapies work. With the advancements in science and technology, different surgical and non-surgical procedures are also available that serve as the best treatment for TMJ disorder. Mentioned below are some of the advanced treatments used to treat the disorder.
- Arthrocentesis – refers to a procedure that is minimally invasive. Small needles are inserted into the joint so that it becomes easy for the fluid to float through the joint to remove inflammatory and debris byproducts.
- Injection – may be helpful for some people. Corticosteroid injections are injected into the joint. In some cases, botulinum toxin injections are also used that help the patients relieve muscle pain while chewing something. These injections also help in getting relief from the pain that is linked to TMJ disorder.
- TMJ Arthroscopy – serves as the best treatment for TMJ disorder just like open-joint surgery. A cannula (a small thin tube) is inserted into the space of the joint during this procedure. After that, an arthroscope is attached, and other important small surgical equipment is utilized to complete the surgical process. This procedure is recommended by doctors as it has fewer complications as compared to open-joint surgery.
- Modified Condylotomy – is an indirect way to treat the disorder. The surgery is performed on the jaw area instead of treating the exact joint. If the patient is experiencing locking and feeling pain, this treatment can be helpful.
- Open-joint Surgery – is an option that needs to be considered when other treatment methods don’t work. Moreover, if a structural problem is a cause for TMJ disorder then open-joint surgery is recommended. You need to discuss its pros and cons with your surgeon while going for this surgery.
TMJ Disorder Treatment Cost in Dubai
The cost of TMJ disorder treatment is not definite and varies from patient to patient. It depends on the severity of your problem, the expertise of your surgeon, and the geographical location of the clinic. Therefore, it is necessary to consult with the dental surgeon to know about the exact cost that matches your conditions.
Schedule A Consultation
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®, our doctors have the expertise to perform almost all kinds of TMJ disorder treatments. It is highly recommended to have a consultation first before getting any treatment. Fill in the following form to book your consultation, and one of our coordinators will get back to you as soon as possible.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest