TMJ disorders are complex conditions that can arise from various issues affecting the temporomandibular joint, a sliding hinge-like joint that connects your jawbone to your skull. This joint is present on each side of the jaw and facilitates movements necessary for speaking and eating. TMJ disorders can result in pain and discomfort in the joint itself and in the muscles responsible for jaw movement. These disorders may be caused by factors such as jaw misalignment, arthritis, injury, or excessive strain on the jaw muscles. But you don’t have to worry now because this condition can be treated with TMJ Treatment in Dubai.
Table of Contents
The symptoms and signs of the TMJ disorder include;
- Tenderness or pain in the jaw joint area.
- Pain in one or both of your jaw joints.
- Facial pain.
- Pain around your ears.
- Discomfort while chewing.
- Difficulty opening and closing your mouth.
In some cases, the cause isn’t clear. You may feel pain due to various factors like arthritis, genetics, and jaw injury, etc. However, the main causes of TMJ disorder can include:
- Joint cartilage damage due to arthritis.
- The disk may move improperly, leading to a disturbance in alignment.
- Joint damage due to an injury.
Are You A Candidate?
You can be a good candidate for TMJ Treatment in Dubai if you:
- Experiencing severe pain in your jaw.
- Hearing a popping sound when opening or closing your mouth, including while eating.
- Experiencing chronic headaches.
- Feeling pain while chewing.
If you are experiencing these symptoms, it’s important to seek expert advice immediately. Any kind of delay can be harmful to you.
Various treatment plans are available for TMJ treatment in Dubai. Sometimes, medication is the best solution, while in other cases, therapies are more effective. Advancements in science and technology have led to various surgical and non-surgical procedures that effectively treat TMJ disorder. Mentioned below are some of the advanced treatments used to treat the disorder.
- Arthrocentesis – a minimally invasive procedure. Small needles are inserted into the joint so that it becomes easy for the fluid to float through the joint to remove inflammatory and debris byproducts.
- Injections – may be helpful for some people. Corticosteroid injections are injected into the joint. In some cases, botulinum toxin injections are also used that help the patients relieve muscle pain while chewing something. These injections also help in getting relief from the pain that is linked to TMJ disorder.
- TMJ Arthroscopy – is a treatment option for TMJ disorder, similar to open-joint surgery. A cannula (a small thin tube) is inserted into the space of the joint during this procedure. After that, an arthroscope is attached, and other important small surgical equipment is utilized to complete the surgical process. This procedure is recommended by doctors as it has fewer complications as compared to open-joint surgery.
- Modified Condylotomy – an indirect method for treating the disorder. The surgery is performed on the jaw area instead of treating the exact joint. If the patient is experiencing locking and feeling pain, this treatment can be helpful.
- Open-joint Surgery – should be considered when other treatment methods are ineffective. Moreover, if a structural problem is a cause for TMJ disorder then open-joint surgery is recommended. You need to discuss its pros and cons with your surgeon while going for this surgery.
Cost of TMJ Treatment in Dubai
The cost of TMJ treatment in Dubai is not fixed and varies from patient to patient. It depends on the severity of your problem, the expertise of your surgeon, and the geographical location of the clinic. Therefore, it is necessary to consult with the dental surgeon to know about the exact cost that matches your conditions.
Schedule A Consultation
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, our doctors have the expertise to perform almost all kinds of TMJ treatments in dubai. We highly recommend having a consultation before undergoing any treatment. Fill in the following form to book your consultation.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest