Dermapen Microneedling is a technique that involves skin needling, often considered a type of fractional skin resurfacing, but it’s not a laser treatment. Dermapen is a device used for microneedling, with fine needles to puncture the skin and stimulate skin repair. The coverage and depth of the treatment can be adjusted according to the patient’s skin type and requirement. It is a highly customized treatment and can be tailored according to skin types and conditions. It sloughs off the upper damaged skin layer and activates the production of collagen and elastin – essentials for youthful, smooth, and firm skin.
Table of Contents
Are you a Candidate?
While many can benefit from dermapen treatment, it’s important to consult with a healthcare professional to determine if you’re a suitable candidate, especially if you have certain skin conditions or medical concerns. You may be an ideal candidate for the procedure if you have the following skin problems:
- Fine lines and wrinkles caused by aging or sun damage.
- Enlarged pores.
- Pigmentation and uneven skin tone.
- Stretch marks.
- Acne Scars.
- Traumatic scars.
- Dull and dehydrated skin.
- Skin that is damaged from medication, sunburn or chemotherapy (should consult their doctor before undergoing microneedling).
- Skin sensitive to chemical treatments and heat (should consult with a healthcare provider).
You will have to follow some general pre-treatment instructions to get prepared for the procedure. Some major pre-op instructions include:
- Don’t use skincare products that contain Retin A.
- Apply ointments recommended by your healthcare professional.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure for at least a week before the treatment to prevent any sunburn or skin irritation.
- Avoid wearing makeup before the treatment.
The latest Dermapen micro-needling treatment is a short and simple procedure that requires about 30 minutes to complete. The general steps for the procedure include:
- The treatment begins with cleaning and applying a topical anesthetic or numbing cream to the treatment area.
- The Dermapen device is then placed on the skin and moved in stamp-like motion along the treatment area.
- The treatment works by making micro-channels in the skin but primarily focuses on collagen and elastin production, which allow serums and skincare products to penetrate deep into the skin. It stimulates the regeneration process of your skin and results in clearer, smoother, brighter and firmer skin that looks youthful and refreshed.
- The treatment ends with the application of a soothing and healing gel, rich in growth factors.
While the treatment typically involves minimal downtime, individual experiences can vary, and some people may need a short period of recovery. It may cause some redness and tightness that subsides within 24 to 48 hours (consult their healthcare provider if situation persists). Makeup can be applied after the treatment to hide redness but, it should be applied gently and preferably using non-comedogenic products to avoid irritating the treated area. Mild swelling may also occur that mostly subsides in two days. Your skin may begin to flake off after a few days, revealing new, healthy and refreshed skin. The final results become visible within a week after the treatment.
Some post-procedure instructions are associated with Dermapen treatment. Following them will help you in making your recovery smooth and maximizing your results. These instructions include:
- Wash your face gently with lukewarm water and a mild cleanser few hours after the procedure.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for at least one week post-treatment.
- Use strong sunscreen regularly but it’s important to wait until the skin has sufficiently healed as per the practitioner’s advice before applying any sunscreen..
- Avoid applying creams and lotions to the treated area for about 24 hours after the procedure or as prescribed by the healthcare professional.
- Do not apply makeup for at least 12 hours after the procedure.
- Use the prescribed ointments regularly.
There are many benefits associated with Dermapen Microneedling which include:
- May be more effective, non-invasive, and safe as compared to other microneedling treatments.
- A short and simple treatment that does not take more than an hour to complete.
- It effectively treats the hard-to-reach areas.
- A speedy treatment with adjustable needle depth.
- It may be a safe and effective treatment for all skin types and virtually all areas of the body.
- It requires no downtime and has minimal recovery time.
- No severe side-effects are associated with this procedure.
- The results may be excellent and long-lasting.
Dermapen provides long-lasting results but you will require multiple sessions to attain the desired results. The duration of results and the number of required sessions can vary greatly among individuals. For best results, a series of about six treatments is usually recommended with a gap of 30 days. However, the number of sessions varies from patient to patient, depending on the requirements.
Dermapen Treatment Cost
The dermapen treatment in Dubai cost varies from one individual to another depending on the condition of the skin, the severity of the problem, and the expertise of the doctor. You should consult with an expert to know the exact cost of the procedure.
Schedule A Consultation
We offer the best dermapen treatment in Dubai. However, only an expert can tell you which treatment is best for you and suits your skin. For this purpose, you can book a consultation session with our skin specialists. They will guide you about the procedure, and you can easily decide whether you want to get it done or not, keeping your goals in mind.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest