A birthmark is a splotch on the skin which is acquired at birth and can appear in a variety of colours, shapes and sizes. While some birthmarks are small and relatively unnoticeable, others have a more prominent appearance can bother individuals and in some cases even lower their self esteem. Some birthmarks pose a health risk, others are harmless but are undesirable from a cosmetic perspective.
- 1. *Facts You Must Know
- 2. Signs & Symptoms
- 3. Birthmarks Causes
- 4. Treatment Options
- 5. Preparation
- 6. Birthmarks Treatment Procedure
- 7. Post Treatment Care
- 8. Birthmarks Treatment Benefits
- 9. Complications
- 10. Birthmarks Treatment Results
- 11. Our Doctors
- 12. Birthmarks Removal FAQ’s
- 13. News And Media
- 14. Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
While some birthmarks fade and completely disappear overtime, others are there to stay. Cosmetic surgical removal for birthmarks in Dubai offers a solution to people who are self conscious about their birthmarks and want to get rid of them.
Signs & Symptoms
There are various types of birthmarks and the signs and symptoms also vary depending on the type. Some common symptoms are:
- Marks on the skin that develop before or right after the birth.
- Red lesions and skin rashes that become more noticeable during temperature changes or when infant cries.
The exact cause of birthmarks is not known but most of the birthmarks may occur because of defective migration of cells during fetal development.
Available Options for birthmark removal treatment in Dubai
- Medications: Mostly birthmarks disappear without any treatment but if they don’t the first option that can be used for birthmark removal is oral or topical medications. They are effective for reducing the size and lightening the color of birthmarks. Various types of medications are available and a dermatologist can suggest you the best one.
- Steroids: In case oral medications do not work, corticosteroids can be used to speed up the process of shrinkage of birthmarks. This method is suitable in case location of marks is threatening for infant’s vision or other senses.
- Surgical Removal: This method is used very rarely, only when no non-surgical method works. A birthmark that is either large or is found on an internal organ requires surgical removal. Excision technique is used for birthmark removal in Dubai.
- Laser Treatment: Laser treatment is also one of the options for birthmark removal at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery. It is very effective treatment but requires multiple sessions for optimal results. It uses laser beams to reduce the size and lighten the color of birthmarks.
Preparative steps are essential to take so that you can get optimal results. Our surgeons will guide you specifically on the basis of your specific situation. However, the following are a few steps that are essential for everyone.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Limit or completely avoid smoking.
- Keep your skin safe from direct sun exposure.
- Keep your skin clean.
- Use prescribed medicines as per instructed by your doctor.
Birthmarks Treatment Procedure
Laser therapy for Black, Brown, white and Vascular birthmarks is a short and simple procedure that requires 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the size, color and number of birthmarks to complete. The steps for the procedure are:
- Laser treatment for birthmarks is virtually painless and can be performed without numbing the treatment area. Numbing cream or local anesthetic may also be applied for those who are sensitive to pain.
- After numbing the treatment area, laser expert will move laser machine across the skin. Highly focused beams of light emitted by the device will reduce the size and fade the color of birthmarks.
- Laser removes the birthmarks by eliminating the blood vessels and decreasing the melanin that causes birthmarks.
- Afterwards, cold compresses may be applied to minimize the discomfort and burning sensation.
Post Treatment Care
Laser therapy for birthmarks requires no downtime and minimal recovery time. Your skin will be dark purple for about seven to ten days but will disappear soon after. You may also experience slight swelling and bruising after the treatment, but it will not be painful and will resolve in a couple of days. Some simple after care tips that you will need to follow after treatment are:
- Protect the treated area from sunlight during initial healing process.
- Cover the affected area with strong sunscreen when exposed to light.
- You may also need to cover the treated area with bandage.
Birthmarks Treatment Benefits
There are many different benefits of laser treatment for Brown birthmarks. Some of them are:
- It is non-surgical treatment that requires no incisions and cuts.
- It is virtually painless procedure and requires no anesthetic.
- Minimal side effects are associated with it.
When it comes to the complications of mole removal treatment, they may vary from one individual to the other. It is recommended to choose your surgeon carefully so that you can avoid these risks.
- Nerve damage
- Risks related to anesthesia
- Prolonged swelling
- Mild pain
Birthmarks Treatment Results
The results of the treatment will start becoming apparent immediately after the first treatment but multiple sessions are needed for optimal results. It may take several months to get the final results but they will be permanent.
News And Media
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest