A birthmark is a splotch on the skin that is acquired at birth and can appear in a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes. While some birthmarks are small and relatively unnoticeable, others have a more prominent appearance that can bother individuals by lowering their self-esteem. Some birthmarks pose a health risk while others are harmless but undesirable from a cosmetic perspective.
Table of Contents
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 Symptoms
- 3 Birthmarks Causes
- 4 Treatment Options
- 5 Preparation
- 6 Birthmarks Removal Procedure
- 7 Post Treatment Care
- 8 Birthmarks Treatment Benefits
- 9 Birthmarks Treatment Results
- 10 Our Doctors
- 11 Birthmarks Removal FAQ’s
- 12 Schedule A Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very High Success Rate
Some birthmarks fade and completely disappear over time but some are there to stay. Cosmetic birthmark removal in Dubai offers a solution to people who are self-conscious about their birthmarks and want to get rid of them.
The symptoms of birthmarks vary depending on their type. Some common symptoms of birthmarks are:
- Marks on the skin that develop before or right after birth.
- Red lesions and skin rashes become more noticeable when temperature changes or when the infant cries.
The exact cause of birthmarks is not known but most of the birthmarks may occur because of defective migration of cells during fetal development.
Available options for birthmark removal Dubai are;
- Medications: Mostly birthmarks disappear without any treatment but if they don’t, the first option that can be used for birthmark removal is oral or topical medications. They are effective for reducing the size and lightening the color of birthmarks. Various types of medications are available and a dermatologist can suggest the best one.
- Steroids: In case oral medications do not work, corticosteroids can be used to speed up the process of birthmarks shrinkage. This method is suitable in case, location of marks is threatening for an infant’s vision or other senses.
- Surgical Removal: This method is used very rarely, only when non-surgical methods do not work. A birthmark that is either large or is found on an internal organ requires surgical removal. The excision technique is used for this purpose.
- Laser Treatment: Laser treatment is also one of the options for birthmark removal at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®. It is a very effective treatment but requires multiple sessions for optimal results. It uses laser beams to reduce the size and lighten the color of birthmarks.
Preparative steps are essential to take so that you can get optimal results from birthmark removal Dubai. Our surgeons will guide you specifically on the basis of your situation. However, the following are a few steps that are common for everyone.
- Keep your skin safe from direct sun exposure.
- Keep your skin clean.
- Use prescribed medicines as instructed by your doctor.
Birthmarks Removal Procedure
Laser therapy for Black, Brown, White, and Vascular birthmarks is a short and simple procedure. It requires 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the size, color, and number of birthmarks to remove. The steps for the procedure are:
- Laser treatment for birthmarks is virtually painless and can be performed without numbing the treatment area. However, a numbing cream or local anesthesia can be applied to those who are sensitive to pain.
- After numbing the treatment area, the laser experts will move the laser machines across the skin. Highly focused beams of light emitted by the device will reduce the size and fade the color of birthmarks.
- The laser removes the birthmarks by eliminating the blood vessels and decreasing the melanin that causes birthmarks.
- Afterward, cold compresses may be applied to minimize the discomfort and burning sensation.
Post Treatment Care
Laser therapy for birthmarks requires no downtime and has minimal recovery time. Your skin will be dark purple for about seven to ten days but it will disappear soon. You may also experience slight swelling and bruising after the treatment, but it will not be painful and will resolve in a couple of days. Some simple aftercare tips that you need to follow after treatment are:
- Protect the treated area from sunlight during the initial healing process.
- Cover the affected area with strong sunscreen when exposed to light.
- You may also need to cover the treated area with a bandage.
Birthmarks Treatment Benefits
There are many benefits of laser treatment for birthmark removal in Dubai. Some of them are:
- It is a non-surgical treatment that requires no incisions and cuts.
- It is a virtually painless procedure and requires no anesthesia.
- Minimal side-effects are associated with it.
Birthmarks Treatment Results
The results of the treatment will start appearing immediately after the first session but multiple sessions are needed for optimal results. It may take several months to get the final results which will be permanent.
Schedule A Consultation
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® can help you in getting rid of unwanted birthmarks. All you have to do is, book your initial consultation with our expert dermatologists in Dubai. Fill in the form below to schedule your appointment.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest