Ultherapy is a non-invasive, FDA-approved method to reduce aging signs like fine lines, wrinkles, and skin laxity. It uses micro-focused ultrasound energy to boost collagen production and tissue regeneration, giving your face, jawline, neck, and upper chest a youthful lift. Due to its ability to deliver incredible results, While Ultherapy can complement facelifts, it should be clearly communicated that it is not a substitute for surgical procedures, especially in cases of advanced skin laxity.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Can Ultherapy Treat?
- 2 How Does Ultherapy Work?
- 3 Benefits of Ultherapy
- 4 Ultherapy Procedure
- 5 When will I see my Ultherapy Results?
- 6 What are the Side Effects of Ultherapy?
- 7 What Is The Cost Of Ultherapy Treatment?
- 8 How many sessions of Ultherapy do you need?
- 9 Which is better, HIFU vs. Ultherapy?
- 10 Is Thermage better than Ultherapy?
- 11 Can Ultherapy replace Facelift?
- 12 Our Dermatologist
- 13 Consult an Expert
What Can Ultherapy Treat?
Ultherapy is an effective procedure to reduce aging signs in the following body areas:
- Face: The ultrasound energy administered during Ultherapy can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, contributing to a more youthful look. It also helps rejuvenate the area around the eyes by minimizing droopiness of the eyelids and brows and reducing under-eye bags.
- Neck and chin: The skin on the neck may become loose and sag due to aging and gravity, making the jowls more noticeable and creating the appearance of a double chin. It should be emphasized that Ultherapy’s effectiveness in tightening neck skin, jawline, and chin can significantly vary, especially in older patients or those with considerable skin laxity.
- Chest: The upper chest area or décolletage may develop deep wrinkles and creases and become saggy as you age. Ultherapy can reduce the visibility of aging signs in the chest area, but its effectiveness is limited compared to more invasive treatments.
How Does Ultherapy Work?
Ultherapy uses micro-focused ultrasound energy to heat the deeper layers of the skin, stimulating collagen production. This results in a paced-up regenerative process within the skin fibers, producing a tightening effect characterized by a more toned appearance.
Ultherapy uses ultrasound energy, which is different from laser treatments. While laser treatments direct light energy into the skin, Ultherapy targets deeper skin layers, bypassing the surface to stimulate collagen production at specific depths for effective skin tightening. This results in a precise increase in temperature at the underlying skin layers to bring about optimal results.
Benefits of Ultherapy
Ultherapy offers numerous benefits, some of which are as follows:
- It creates a skin-tightening effect but does not mimic a facelift in terms of the extent of change or longevity of results.
- Ultherapy usually involves minimal recovery time, allowing most patients to resume normal activities immediately after the procedure.
- It is a highly configurable treatment that can be customized to every individual’s needs.
- As an FDA-approved non-surgical treatment, Ultherapy is generally considered safe, but it’s important to discuss potential risks with a healthcare provider.
- Its procedure is relatively quick.
- The effectiveness of Ultherapy varies by individual, influenced by factors such as skin condition, age, and lifestyle habits.; Periodic maintenance treatments are often recommended to sustain the results, especially as the natural aging process continues.
Ultherapy is a non-invasive lunchtime procedure that lasts 30 to 90 minutes and is performed in a clinic or medical-cosmetic facility. While general anesthesia is not required, the use of topical numbing cream or local anesthesia is common to minimize discomfort during the procedure.
The Ultherapy procedure usually involves the following steps:
- Initially, a dermatologist or aesthetician cleans the treatment area and applies ultrasound gel.
- Then, the ultherapy handpiece is placed upon the treatment region. This handpiece is connected to the ultherapy machine and used to deliver ultrasound waves to the treatment area. These waves travel through the skin layers to reach a preset depth, where they transform into heat to stimulate collagen production.
- Once the target area has been treated, the handpiece is removed, and the candidate can resume their daily routine.
When will I see my Ultherapy Results?
While initial improvements from Ultherapy may not be immediately visible due to gradual collagen production, noticeable changes often develop over 2-3 months, with final results visible after about six months. The look and feel of the skin continue to improve.
Ultherapy results typically last for about a year, but this can vary depending on individual aging processes and lifestyle factors. Eventually, the natural aging process takes over, and treatment results begin diminishing. At that point, you can get follow-up sessions to maintain the results.
What are the Side Effects of Ultherapy?
While Ultherapy is generally well-tolerated, some patients may experience temporary side effects. According to most candidates, this treatment required little to no downtime, and they were able to get back to work or other activities right after the procedure. While most patients report mild or negligible side effects, it’s important to discuss potential reactions with a healthcare provider.
The common side effects of ultherapy include the following:
- Mild swelling or redness.
- A slight tingling sensation.
- Discomfort, whose level may vary from person to person.
- Slightly reduced sensitivity in the treated area.
It is important to note that pain threshold and sensitivity to ultrasonic waves may differ from patient to patient. Therefore, you should speak to your doctor and communicate your concerns and expectations before the treatment.
What Is The Cost Of Ultherapy Treatment?
The cost of Ultherapy in Dubai varies and is based on the number of lines treated, with a typical charge of AED 15.75 per line. The price of the full face and neck treatment may fall anywhere between AED 12,000 and AED 14,000. Other factors typically considered when calculating the exact cost of Ultherapy treatment include
- The size of the treatment site.
- The skin type and condition.
- The number of sessions required to achieve the desired results.
- The expertise of the practitioner is a crucial factor in the success of Ultherapy treatments, impacting both the effectiveness and safety of the procedure.
- The geographic area of the treatment facility.
How many sessions of Ultherapy do you need?
While many individuals may see desired results after one Ultherapy session, some may require additional sessions, especially if treating more severe skin laxity. However, the exact number of required sessions may vary from person to person, depending on the level of skin laxity, individual response to the ultrasound, and the collagen regeneration process.
It is important to note that even if you require only one treatment, you may need occasional touch-up sessions to maintain the results.
Which is better, HIFU vs. Ultherapy?
With rigorous testing and development, Both Ultherapy and HIFU have unique benefits. The choice between them should be based on individual patient needs, skin condition, and physician recommendation. For this reason, it is widely preferred by influencers and users across the globe. But in the end, the choice between both options will depend on the individual patient’s needs, skin condition, and physician recommendation.
Is Thermage better than Ultherapy?
Both Thermage and Ultherapy are FDA-approved for skin tightening and rejuvenation, and each is suitable for patients with specific aging concerns. For instance, Thermage and Ultherapy cater to different needs; Thermage is often preferred for surface texture improvements, while Ultherapy is more focused on deeper tissue tightening. Ultherapy, on the other hand, is more effective for stimulating collagen production at the deeper skin layers.
Can Ultherapy replace Facelift?
Ultherapy can improve mild to moderate skin laxity but cannot replicate the comprehensive results of a surgical facelift, especially in cases of severe skin sagging. While it can improve the appearance of mild to moderate skin laxity, it can’t deliver the same results as a surgical facelift, which can treat more severe and extensive skin sagging.
Consult an Expert
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic is a top-rated medical-cosmetic facility providing Ultherapy Treatment in Dubai from highly experienced and skilled dermatologists. For more details, call us at +971 4 348 5575. You can also book a consultation online by filling out the form below.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest