Ultherapy is a non-invasive, FDA-approved method to reduce aging signs like fine lines, wrinkles, and skin laxity. It uses micro-focused ultrasound energy to boost collagen production and tissue regeneration, giving your face, jawline, neck, and upper chest a youthful lift. Due to its ability to deliver incredible results, ultherapy is sometimes referred to as an alternative to a facelift.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Can Ultherapy Treat?
- 2 How Does Ultherapy Work?
- 3 Benefits of Ultherapy
- 4 Ultherapy Procedure
- 5 When will I see my Ultherapy Results?
- 6 What are the Side Effects of Ultherapy?
- 7 What Is The Cost Of Ultherapy Treatment?
- 8 How many sessions of Ultherapy do you need?
- 9 Which is better, HIFU vs. Ultherapy?
- 10 Is Thermage better than Ultherapy?
- 11 Can Ultherapy replace Facelift?
- 12 Our Dermatologist
- 13 Consult an Expert
What Can Ultherapy Treat?
Ultherapy is an effective procedure to reduce aging signs in the following body areas:
- Face: The ultrasound energy administered during ultherapy tends to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and create a facelifting effect. It also helps rejuvenate the area around the eyes by minimizing droopiness of the eyelids and brows and reducing under-eye bags.
- Neck and chin: The skin on the neck may become loose and sag due to aging and gravity, making the jowls more noticeable and creating the appearance of a double chin. Ultherapy can help tighten the neck skin to make the jawline and chin appear more streamlined and rejuvenated.
- Chest: The upper chest area or décolletage may develop deep wrinkles and creases and become saggy as you age. With Ultherapy, the visibility of both these aging signs can be reduced to make the target area more youthful.
How Does Ultherapy Work?
Ultherapy uses micro-focused ultrasound energy to raise the temperature at a particular skin depth, stimulating collagen production. This results in a paced-up regenerative process within the skin fibers, producing a tightening effect characterized by a more toned appearance.
Ultherapy uses ultrasound energy, which is different from laser treatments. While laser treatments direct light energy into the skin, Ultherapy bypasses the skin surface to deliver targeted ultrasound energy at the intended depths. This results in a precise increase in temperature at the underlying skin layers to bring about optimal results.
Benefits of Ultherapy
Ultherapy offers numerous benefits, some of which are as follows:
- It creates a skin-tightening effect mimicking a facelift.
- It doesn’t lead to significant recovery time or downtime.
- It is a highly configurable treatment that can be customized to every individual’s needs.
- It is an FDA-approved non-surgical treatment for skin tightening.
- Its procedure is relatively quick.
- It delivers natural results that may be long-lasting, depending on individual skin conditions and the aging process.
Ultherapy is a non-invasive lunchtime procedure that lasts 30 to 90 minutes and is performed in a clinic or medical-cosmetic facility. Although it doesn’t require general anesthesia, topical numbing cream or local anesthesia might be used for patient comfort.
The Ultherapy procedure usually involves the following steps:
- Initially, a dermatologist or aesthetician cleanses the treatment area and applies ultrasound gel.
- Then, the ultherapy handpiece is placed upon the treatment region. This handpiece is connected to the ultherapy machine and used to deliver ultrasound waves to the treatment area. These waves travel through the skin layers to reach a preset depth, where they transform into heat to stimulate collagen production.
- Once the target area has been treated, the handpiece is removed, and the candidate can resume their daily routine.
When will I see my Ultherapy Results?
The initial improvement is generally visible soon after the treatment. But it will take some time for noticeable results to appear. On average, people notice a significant improvement 2-3 months after the Ultherapy procedure. The look and feel of the skin continue to improve, and the final results are usually visible after six months.
Ultherapy results last as long as new collagen is produced. Eventually, the natural aging process takes over, and treatment results begin diminishing. At that point, you can get follow-up sessions to maintain the results.
What are the Side Effects of Ultherapy?
Ultherapy is known for producing incredible skin rejuvenation benefits without significant side effects. According to most candidates, this treatment required little to no downtime, and they were able to get back to work or other activities right after the procedure. They did, however, report some side effects but rated them as mild or negligible.
The common side effects of ultherapy include the following:
- Mild swelling or redness.
- A slight tingling sensation.
- Discomfort, whose level may vary from person to person.
- Slightly reduced sensitivity in the treated area.
It is important to note that pain threshold and sensitivity to ultrasonic waves may differ from patient to patient. Therefore, you should speak to your doctor and communicate your concerns and expectations before the treatment.
What Is The Cost Of Ultherapy Treatment?
The cost of Ultherapy in Dubai is based on the number of lines treated: AED 15.75 is charged per line. The price of the full face and neck treatment may fall anywhere between AED 12,000 and AED 14,000. Other factors typically considered when calculating the exact cost of Ultherapy treatment include
- The size of the treatment site.
- The skin type and condition.
- The number of sessions required to achieve the desired results.
- The practitioner’s expertise.
- The geographic area of the treatment facility.
How many sessions of Ultherapy do you need?
Many customers need only one Ultherapy treatment to get the desired results. However, the exact number of required sessions may vary from person to person, depending on the level of skin laxity, individual response to the ultrasound, and the collagen regeneration process.
It is important to note that even if you require only one treatment, you may need occasional touch-up sessions to maintain the results.
Which is better, HIFU vs. Ultherapy?
With rigorous testing and development, Ultherapy has been verified for its safety and efficacy and is considered better than HIFU. For this reason, it is widely preferred by influencers and users across the globe. But in the end, the choice between both options will depend on the individual patient’s needs, skin condition, and physician recommendation.
Is Thermage better than Ultherapy?
Both Thermage and Ultherapy are FDA-approved for skin tightening and rejuvenation, and each is suitable for patients with specific aging concerns. For instance, Thermage may be a better option than Ultherapy when you want to improve the quality and texture of sagging skin. Ultherapy, on the other hand, is more effective for stimulating collagen production at the deeper skin layers.
Can Ultherapy replace Facelift?
No, Ultherapy is not designed to replace a facelift. While it can improve the appearance of mild to moderate skin laxity, it can’t deliver the same results as a surgical facelift, which can treat more severe and extensive skin sagging.
Consult an Expert
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic is a top-rated medical-cosmetic facility providing Ultherapy from highly experienced and skilled dermatologists. For more details, call us at +971 4 348 5575. You can also book a consultation online by filling out the form below.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest