Hundreds of thousands of infants are born each year with major ear and facial challenges. The facial conditions include cleft lip, cleft palate and skull malformation etc. Similarly, a tumor or trauma can also cause facial deformities after birth. To fix all these conditions, ear surgery and facial reconstruction surgery are used.
Table of Contents
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 Before & After Results
- 3 Are you a Candidate?
- 4 Treatment Goals
- 5 Treatable Conditions
- 6 Preparation
- 7 Procedure
- 8 Our Surgeons
- 9 Benefits
- 10 Recovery Time
- 11 Outcomes
- 12 Facial Reconstructive Surgery FAQ’s
- 13 Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Before & After Results
The results of all the facial reconstruction procedures are often long-lasting. There are no guarantees, as the results may vary from person to person.
Are you a Candidate?
You may be an excellent candidate for facial reconstruction surgery in Dubai if:
- You have experienced a certain type of facial trauma.
- You are suffering from facial deformities following trauma.
The goals of facial reconstructive surgery are:
- Restoring your facial appearance by treating congenital defects or defects caused by some trauma.
- Restoring the functionality of your facial features.
Facial reconstructive surgery is the procedure that treats multiple conditions including facial deformities, distortions or severe trauma. In some cases, the entire face needs to be reconstructed while in others certain features are reconstructed. The conditions that our experienced plastic surgeons treat include:
- Cleft Lip and palate: This condition is among the most common facial birth problems. In most cases, successful results can be achieved through a staged reconstructive approach that involves a comprehensive diagnosis, treatment planning, follow-up visits from infancy through adolescence.
- Congenital growths and tumors: Congenital growths and tumors, such as hemangiomas, vascular malformations, fibrous dysplasia of bone, and neurofibromatosis occur in one out of 50 infants. These cases may require a coordinated team approach with an experienced craniofacial surgeon as the lead member.
- Craniomaxillofacial trauma: For cases involving craniomaxillofacial trauma, a prompt but accurate diagnosis and appropriate intervention are needed. Some patients will also have secondary deformities after the initial intervention. They can benefit from further surgical intervention.
- Craniosynostosis: It is the condition in which one or more cranial vault sutures get closed in one or more locations and it occurs during the development of the fetus. This condition also requires the team effort of a craniofacial surgeon and a pediatric neurosurgeon. After the surgical intervention, an ongoing reassessment at appropriate intervals is required in order to monitor function, facial growth and appearance.
Here are a few guidelines to prepare for the procedure.
- Let your doctor know if you are already using some kind of medication.
- Discuss your desires and requirements with your doctor.
- Don’t drink or eat after midnight prior to the procedure.
- Stop taking any kind of blood thinners.
- Don’t wear any kind of makeup on the day of the surgery.
Facial reconstruction surgery in Dubai is a highly personalized procedure that addresses patient’s specific issues. No two procedures follow the same plan. Our plastic surgeons will guide you about the procedure during the consultation. However, general procedural steps include:
- Like any other surgical procedure, the first step of facial reconstructive surgery is the administration of anesthesia. Both general or local anesthesia can be used depending on the condition to be treated.
- Then incisions are made according to the requirements of the procedure. Our plastic surgeons make every effort to keep incisions small and in discrete locations.
- After making incisions, required alterations are made. The alterations may include the transfer of tissues and bones from other parts of the body to the treatment area.
- Finally, incisions are closed using absorb-able or non-absorb-able stitches.
Facial reconstructive surgery has many benefits. Here are a few of the significant ones:
- The procedure restores your normal facial appearance.
- It improves the functionality of treated facial parts.
- It causes minimal pain and discomfort, which makes it less invasive as compared to conventional reconstructive surgeries.
Since every facial reconstructive surgery is different, the recovery period also varies for every patient. It depends on the extent and complexity of the surgery. Our plastic surgeon will guide you on how much time you may require for complete recovery and how much time you should take off from work. He will also provide you with some post-surgical instructions to make your recovery smooth, quick and comfortable.
As a result of getting facial reconstructive surgery in Dubai, you will be able to enhance your appearance, which should boost your confidence.
If you are suffering from any issue that hinders the beauty of your facial appearance, you can consult with our experts about facial reconstructive surgery in Dubai. You just need to fill in this brief form to book a FREE consultation.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest