Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Fine lines and wrinkles are the very first yet unappealing signs of ageing. They are considered the sign of getting wiser but men and women don’t like having them because they are tell-tale signs of getting older as well. Fine lines and wrinkles are visible effects of human nature but this can be prevented at an early age or diminished even at the ageing stage.
Fine lines and wrinkles are a result of aging, unhealthy skin and can make us look older than we are. To prevent this, we are mostly advised to have a specific skin regimen depending on a person’s skin type. But if you want to get rid of them, no other option is better than cosmetic procedures available.
Wrinkles Signs & Symptoms
There are no clear signs and symptoms for them but if your skin is showing any of these changes, it is vulnerable to lines and wrinkles.
- Dryness caused by dehydration
- Rough skin texture
Wrinkles Treatment Causes
There are many causes of lines and wrinkles. Some of them are:
- Skin type
- Sun exposure
- Poor diet
- Unhealthy lifestyle
Wrinkles Treatment Options
Many different cosmetic treatments are available for lines and wrinkles.
- Topical treatments: When talking about fine lines and wrinkles, the first treatment option that comes in mind is topical creams. There are many anti-wrinkle creams available in the market but all of them are not effective for mature lines and wrinkles. The ingredients found in the creams that eradicate the wrinkles include Alpha-hydroxy acids, pentapeptides, retin A, vitamins A, C and E and growth factors.
- Botox injections: Botox is one of the popular as well as an effective treatment for certain lines and wrinkles. It is a muscle relaxer that relaxes the wrinkle causing muscles and helps eradicate the expression lines. The areas that are mostly treated with Botox injections include:
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Frown lines on forehead between eyebrows
- Crow’s feet
- Dermal fillers: Dermal fillers are another popular non-surgical treatment for wrinkles on face. They are used to fill in the creases, depressions and scars on the skin resulting in smooth and youthful skin. Various kinds of fillers are available and dermatologist helps select the best suitable one.
- Microdermabrasion: It is a non-invasive skin resurfacing treatment that peels off the superficial layer of dead and dull skin with micro aluminium oxide crystals. It results in smooth, clear and radiant skin. It is suitable for early lines and wrinkles only.
- Laser skin resurfacing: It is the most advanced technique that is used to eradicate the lines and wrinkles on the skin. This procedure involves the use of high powered laser to damage the upper most layers of skin revealing wrinkle-free smooth skin. It also boosts the production of collagen – important naturally occurring protein that keeps skin hydrated and smooth. The lines that can effectively be treated by laser skin surfacing include:
- Wrinkles around the eyes
- Crow’s feet
- Lines around the mouth
- Frown lines
- Lipstick lines
- Smoker’s lines
- Facial lines
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels are another effective treatment for early wrinkles. This treatment involves applying peeling agents on the skin that penetrate the skin and peel off the uppermost layers of skin. Chemical peels are available in different types including mild, medium and strong peels varying in the strength.
Wrinkles Treatment Benefits
There are many benefits of laser skin resurfacing. Some of them are:
- It requires no downtime and minimal recovery time.
- It is virtually painless procedure and potential discomfort caused by it is highly bearable.
- It provides the patient with maximum wrinkle reduction.
- It gives natural looking results.
Wrinkles Treatment Results
You will notice immediate improvement in your skin after laser skin resurfacing but final results may take several months to become apparent. Your skin will continue aging and therefore, wrinkles may appear again. So, the results of the treatment are not permanent and you will require having further treatments to sustain the results.
Fill in the form to get Free Consultation