AFT (Autologous Fat Transfer) Breast Augmentation is a cosmetic procedure used to enhance breast cup size and give it volume using fat grafting. Moving fat from one area of the body to the breasts enhances the size, shape, and fullness of the breasts. This process is also known as fat-transfer breast augmentation.
Table of Contents
- 1 Who Is the Right Candidate for AFT Breast Augmentation?
- 2 Initial Consultation at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic
- 3 Procedure
- 4 AFT Breast Augmentation Recovery
- 5 After-Care of AFT Breast Augmentation
- 6 AFT Breast Augmentation Benefits
- 7 Risks and Side Effects of AFT Breast Augmentation
- 8 What is AFT Breast Augmentation Cost in Dubai?
- 9 Other Breast Augmentation Methods That Involve Fat Transfer
- 9.1 Simultaneous Implant Exchange with Fat (SIEF)
- 9.2 Hybrid Breast Augmentation
- 9.3 When will I know my final bra size after my breast augmentation?
- 9.4 What is the fastest way to recover from breast augmentation?
- 9.5 What happens if I don’t wear a compression bra after breast augmentation?
- 9.6 What’s the difference between breast augmentation and breast reconstruction?
- 9.7 Who should not get a fat transfer breast augmentation?
- 9.8 Does a fat transfer breast augmentation increase breast cancer risk or affect mammograms?
- 10 Our Surgeons
- 11 Schedule A Consultation
Who Is the Right Candidate for AFT Breast Augmentation?
The following points dictate the fundamental candidacy for AFT breast augmentation
- You have sufficient body fat to yield an optimum number of adipocytes (fat-containing cells) for fat grafting.
- You are a woman over 18 with small breasts.
- You have breasts that appear “empty” or deflated after pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- You are overall healthy.
- You have realistic expectations of the procedure.
Initial Consultation at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic
During the initial consultation session, our expert surgeon will examine your breast condition and your expectation regarding the procedure. They will take note of your medical history, potential risks, and health conditions.
Once your candidacy for AFT breast augmentation has been established, you will receive information regarding the treatment’s specifics, anticipated outcomes, potential side effects, cost, and pre-op and post-op care.
The AFT Breast Augmentation procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia and may last two to four hours. In some cases, surgeons use local anesthesia with sedation instead of general anesthesia.
Fat transfer breast augmentation is performed in the following phases.
The procedure starts with extracting fat from one or more body areas using liposuction. The donor site for fat harvesting is chosen based on the amount of fat there.
The most common donor sites include
- Outer thighs
- Inner thighs
- Love handles
The harvested fat is purified in a lab setting to get viable fat cells. Purification is typically performed through centrifugation, which separates oil, blood, and water from adipocytes. Concentrated adipocytes are drawn into syringes to be used for breast augmentation.
In the final step, the surgeon makes small incisions in the lower fold of the breasts or other areas close to the recipient regions. These incisions serve as entry points that give access to the underlying tissues needing augmentation. Once the required amount of fat has been injected into the underlying tissues, the surgeon closes the incisions using sutures.
AFT Breast Augmentation Recovery
- The initial recovery after breast augmentation with fat transfer usually lasts 1-2 weeks.
- Your breasts will have some swelling and bruising, both of which subside as you heal.
- The final treatment results will be visible 3-6 months after surgery.
It is important to note that the duration and other specifics of recovery may vary from person to person, depending on the area of liposuction and the amount of fat transferred.
After-Care of AFT Breast Augmentation
You will be asked to follow some of the instructions as after-care for quick recovery, including the following
- Take time off from work and other physical activities for at least a week.
- Use the specialized elastic bandage and surgical bra provided by your doctor.
- Take prescribed antibiotics and pain relief medicines.
- In case of swelling and bruising, apply ice packs to the affected area.
AFT Breast Augmentation Benefits
Breast augmentation with fat transfer provides numerous benefits, some of which are described below
- Enhanced appearance of the breasts: Fat transfer breast augmentation enhances the appearance of small breasts by increasing their size and improving fullness.
- More natural results: The breasts’ new shape after the fat transfer tends to be more natural than after breast implants.
- More balanced and even breasts: This procedure can correct breast asymmetry, particularly after significant weight loss or pregnancy.
- More customized breasts’ shape: Fat grafting allows the surgeon to shape the breasts according to your preferences.
- Fewer side effects: This minimally invasive procedure leads to fewer post-surgical complications and less significant scarring.
Risks and Side Effects of AFT Breast Augmentation
Common risks or side effects of breast augmentation with fat transfer include
- Bleeding, swelling, and bruising.
- Fat cell necrosis (death of transplanted adipocytes).
- Fat cells spreading to other body areas.
- Formation of noncancerous (benign) cysts.
What is AFT Breast Augmentation Cost in Dubai?
The cost of breast augmentation with fat transfer in Dubai starts from around AED 25,000. The exact cost of the treatment may vary from person to person, mainly depending on the following factors
- The clinic’s location
- The reputation of the clinic
- The expertise of the surgeon
- The amount of fat transferred
Other Breast Augmentation Methods That Involve Fat Transfer
Simultaneous Implant Exchange with Fat (SIEF)
SIEF is a fat-transfer breast augmentation modality involving the removal of breast implants and then the immediate placement of fat grafts. This procedure is usually performed to maintain the breast size and volume or when problems occur with breast implants.
The most common reasons for undergoing Simultaneous Implant Exchange with Fat include
- Capsule formation
- Changes in the shape of the breast due to age changes and/or weight loss
- Palpable wrinkling of the breast implants
- Desire to change the shape of the breast (bigger, smaller, …)
Hybrid Breast Augmentation
Hybrid breast augmentation combines breast implants and fat transfer to achieve the desired breast size in thin patients or ones with insufficient breast tissue. This procedure typically involves placing breast implants and then injecting fat grafts around the implants.
When will I know my final bra size after my breast augmentation?
Ideally, after three months, you will be able to get your bra size. The noticeable results usually appear 2 to 3 months after AFT breast augmentation.
What is the fastest way to recover from breast augmentation?
Follow some of the instructions to get a quick recovery
- Sleep straight on your back.
- Avoid strenuous upper body exercises and heavy lifting.
What happens if I don’t wear a compression bra after breast augmentation?
Not wearing a compression bra may affect the integration and survival of the transferred fat cells, affecting the final shape and contour of the breasts.
What’s the difference between breast augmentation and breast reconstruction?
While both breast augmentation and reconstruction are designed to enlarge and add volume to the breasts, both differ in terms of the circumstances they are performed in. Breast augmentation is a cosmetic treatment that helps women with undersized breasts achieve their desired figure. On the other hand, breast reconstruction helps rebuild the breast structure affected by cancer removal or a congenital issue.
Who should not get a fat transfer breast augmentation?
Women with insufficient body fat may not be suitable candidates for breast augmentation with fat transfer. This is because a sufficient amount of fat is needed to achieve the desired results, and not all transferred fat cells survive the process. Your surgeon should be able to extract extra fat over what is generally used for fat grafting.
Does a fat transfer breast augmentation increase breast cancer risk or affect mammograms?
Breast augmentation with fat transfer is not believed to increase the risk of breast cancer. However, more research is needed to confirm these findings. Mammograms after fat transfer breast augmentation might show some changes, such as oil cysts or calcifications. Make sure to inform your radiologist about your procedure to ensure an accurate interpretation of the mammogram results.
Schedule A Consultation
Get in touch with the leading breast surgeons at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic by filling out the consultation form below. Once you fill in the form, our staff members will book your appointment.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest