Nearly everybody goes to the dentist because people want to have healthy teeth that can give them a bright smile. Although this sounds a little bit cliche the results of dental treatments give us more confidence, raise our self-esteem and improve our looks and mental health too.
If you have uneven gums, then chances are you have some reservations about your smile, which takes away your confidence to smile brightly. But since science is always coming up with new technologies and techniques, there’s a procedure that can give you the smile that you deserve. This procedure is known as Gum Contouring.
What is Gum Contouring?
Gum Contouring in Dubai, also known as gum lifting, is a cosmetic dental procedure that is used for reshaping uneven gums and putting them in the correct position. This procedure makes sure that the smile you have afterward is the one you can be confident with. In other words, the procedure gets rid of a “gummy smile”.
Are you a Candidate?
You can be an ideal candidate for the gum contouring treatment if you;
- Want to have an even gum line.
- Want to get rid of the excess gum tissue.
- Want to improve the look of your gums.
- Want to get rid of the gummy smile.
Gum Contouring Procedure
Gum reshaping in Dubai is usually done by a periodontist or a very qualified and experienced general dentist. It is an in-office cosmetic procedure which evens out your gums. Before the advent of the laser, dentists used a scalpel to reduce the prominence of gums or “gummy smiles”. This invasive technique caused significant bleeding during the procedure and led to a very long and challenging recovery time.
With the introduction of laser dentistry, gum contouring has become fairly painless with minimal downtime and very little to no bleeding during the process. The time required to reshape gums with laser technology is also shorter compared to using a scalpel.
The process of gum contouring in Dubai starts with numbing your gums with local anesthesia to get rid of any discomfort that you might feel. The dentist then uses laser specifically made for soft tissues to strip away any excess gum. Using the laser helps with contouring as well as sealing the gum. This prevents extensive bleeding and bacterial infections.
Some of the major benefits of gum contouring treatment are as follows;
- It provides you permanent results.
- You can have an even gum line.
- You can get rid of all the excess gum tissue that makes your smile gummy.
- The results are natural-looking.
- It is a safe treatment and does not cause bleeding.
Recovery After Gum Contouring in Dubai
Immediately after the procedure when the anesthesia wears off, you will experience minimally sore and swollen gums for up to a week. It is advisable to limit your activities and take rest. In order to make your recovery easier, here are some general tips that you should follow.
- First and foremost, follow your dentist’s advice because it will make your recovery swift.
- If there is too much discomfort or pain, you can take over-the-counter painkillers or the ones prescribed by your doctor. Remember to stay away from aspirin because it is a blood thinner and it can lead to bleeding.
- Focus on eating soft foods in the first couple of days. These can include yogurt, pasta, ice cream, cheese, and softened vegetables.
- Stay away from foods that contain seeds, as well as spicy ones until your dentist gives you the go-ahead to eat whatever you prefer.
- When observing your oral hygiene, be very gentle in order to avoid irritating the gums which can lead to infections and more bleeding.
- Call your dentist as soon as possible if you have any concerns after the surgery, including excessive swelling or bleeding.
Gum Contouring Cost in Dubai
The cost of the treatment varies from patient to patient because every patient has different gum issues. Therefore, it is difficult to mention the exact cost here. You should consult with our dentists to know about the exact price according to your gum condition.
Schedule A Consultation
If you want to know more about gum contouring in Dubai, fill in the form provided below and we will schedule an appointment for you. All the patients who are willing to undergo any dental treatment can consult with our dental surgeons. It will help you in understanding the treatment in detail and you will be able to make a decision without any doubts.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest