A port-wine stain is a skin discoloration that usually appears during infancy in men, women, and babies. Port-wine stain can be caused when an area of the skin does not have a sufficient supply of nerve fibers which can cause small blood vessels called capillaries to expand. A port-wine stain is a type of birthmark that belongs to the vascular birthmark side.
This type of birthmark will continue to grow and darken as the baby grows; this is why a constant check on the area with stain is very much important. Port-wine stains are permanent birthmarks that do not fade on their own. However, various treatment options are available for treating them.
Table of Contents
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very High Success Rate
Signs & Symptoms
Port-wine stains appear at birth and vary in shapes and sizes. Early port wine stains usually appear as flat pink marks but their color deepens to dark red or purplish with time. Their texture also changes and they become thickened and pebbled from smooth flat marks. Usually, port-wine stains appear on the face but can appear anywhere on the body.
There are a number of options available for treating port-wine stains and other birthmarks. Some effective and common port wine stains removal treatments include:
- IPL treatment: IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatment uses a light beam to eliminate port-wine stains and capillary malformations. IPL is highly effective for some other conditions like pigmentation and rosacea but it is not the first choice for the removal of port-wine stains. It requires several sessions to achieve successful outcomes.
- Laser treatment: Laser treatment is the only effective port wine stains treatment in Dubai that can produce successful results. It uses laser energy to effectively remove the port wine stains and capillary malformations. It is useful for both new and old port-wine stains. It also requires multiple sessions to produce desired results.
Following are the preparative steps that will be helpful for you to prepare your skin for the port wine stains treatment in Dubai. Why is preparation recommended? Because it prepares the skin in a way that it can get the best outcomes. Have a look at these aspects!
- Keep your skin clean when visiting the clinic for the procedure.
- Take prescribed medicines regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you have any kind of allergies.
- Let your doctor know if you are already using any medicines.
Port Wine Stains Procedure
The procedure of laser Port Wine Stains Removal Treatment in Dubai is simple. It takes few a minutes to complete depending on the size of the mark. The steps involved in the procedure include:
- Local anesthetic or numbing cream is applied to the skin to ensure patients’ comfort during the procedure.
- Then laser device is moved across the treatment area.
- A narrow beam of light emitted by laser lightens the port-wine stain and treats the capillary malformations.
- After the treatment is done, ice packs and protective ointments are used to reduce the discomfort.
- The port-wine stain fades after every successive session until it is eliminated completely.
You will feel swelling and bruising immediately after the procedure. The treated area will also feel like sunburn but this sensation will be temporary. All the side effects will subside completely after a couple of days. After laser treatment, you will be required to follow a strict regimen to get long-lasting results and avoid any complications or risks. Some common aftercare instructions include:
- Relieve the discomfort and swelling with ice packs.
- Avoid exposing the treated areas to the sunlight.
There are many benefits of port wine stains treatment in Dubai. Some of them are given below:
- The laser treatment is the only most effective treatment for port-wine stains.
- Port Wine Stains treatment is a non-surgical and virtually pain-free procedure.
The final results of the port wine stains treatment in Dubai become apparent after a few weeks and mostly they are permanent. However, in some cases, port wine stains may return. In this case, you will have to repeat the treatment.
Schedule A Consultation
You can get in touch with our dermatologists to learn more about port wine stains removal in Dubai. Here, at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®, we offer an initial consultation so that you can discuss your concerns with the doctors before deciding to undergo the treatment.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest