*Facts You Must Know
|Cost of Treatment|
|Time Required||Few Mins|
|Success Rate||Very high Success Rate|
Hemangiomas are tumors congenital which usually occur during infancy. This usually happens when a mother is pregnant and abnormal blood vessels group together in the placenta during gestation. These can be found on the skin or internal organs. Hemangiomas look like a strawberry mark that swells on the skin.
These can appear so many shapes and colors which may grow inside the body or outside on the skin, most commonly on the head and neck area. In the first weeks of the baby’s life, better check for possible formation of red marks which can eventually lead to a tumor called Hemangioma and plan the best treatment as soon as possible.
Signs & Symptoms
Hemangiomas normally do not cause symptoms during or after formation, but they may cause some symptoms if they grow large. Their common symptoms are:
- Discomfort and pain in abdomen
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Feeling of fullness in abdomen
Experts do not know the exact cause of hemangiomas but according to researchers they can be caused by:
- Overgrowth of endothelial cells that usually line the blood vessels in the skin.
- The hereditary component may also be involved in the formation of hemangiomas.
The procedure of laser treatment for hemangiomas is performed on outpatient basis and takes several minutes depending on the size of the lesion. The steps for the procedure of laser treatment are:
- To avoid potential discomfort and pain, local anesthesia or numbing cream is applied on the treatment. The treatment may be performed without numbing the area depending on the patient’s age and location and size of lesion.
- Laser beam is then introduced to the surface of the skin.
- Laser penetrates the skin and is converted to heat energy. It breaks down the lesion and treats the impairment to body parts and organs caused by it.
- Laser also reduces the inflammation and promotes natural healing process.
- Cooling device is used to minimize the potential discomfort and heating sensation caused by laser.
Post Treatment Care
After the treatment, lesion may lighten or darken but fade over time. You will feel stinging sensation immediately after the treatment. Redness and mild swelling and bruising may last for a couple of days but will resolve eventually. Below mentioned are some aftercare tips that are helpful to reduce any possible discomfort and side effects.
- Apply cold compresses or ice packs to reduce discomfort and swelling.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun.
There are many benefits of laser treatment for hemangiomas, which include:
- It is safe, effective and minimal invasive treatment.
- It does not involve any cuts and incisions and therefore, it is virtually painless.
- No severe complications are associated with it.
- It requires no downtime and minimal recovery time.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest