Several different terms are used to refer to Liposuction, including Lipoplasty, Lipectomy, or, more commonly, “Lipo.” It is a cosmetic surgical treatment commonly used for fat removal.
Liposuction surgery is a cosmetic procedure that helps to remove body fats and tighten the skin. It improves the appearance of your abdomen, arms, and thighs as well as saggy skin on the neck, face, and back. Liposuction in Dubai is popular among both men and women for body contouring.
Sometimes, diet and exercise are the least effective in getting rid of stubborn fat. Sometimes traditional fat reduction methods fail, and people take Liposuction to reduce excessive fat. Liposuction in Dubai is the most popular aesthetic surgery to eliminate excessive unwanted fat from specific body parts.
This procedure is safe for fat removal than the traditional methods. However, liposuction is not a weight loss treatment, but it is not recommended for obesity control or cellulite reduction. It is only performed for aesthetic improvements in your body by eliminating fat pockets from various body areas.
Liposuction surgery is one of the most expensive aesthetic surgeries. Aesthetic surgeons aggressively reduce fat cells in the patient’s desired area, and you can get desired results in one surgery session.
Table of Contents
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 What is Liposuction Surgery?
- 3 Liposuction Before and After:
- 6 What are the Benefits of Liposuction Surgery?
- 7 What is the cost of Liposuction in Dubai?
- 8 How to Know – Am I the Right Candidate for Liposuction?
- 9 Which body areas can be treated with Liposuction?
- 10 How is Liposuction Performed?
- 11 Some quick facts about Liposuction surgery?
- 12 Advanced Liposuction Techniques Use in Dubai (UAE)
- 13 What are the Common Side Effects of Liposuction?
- 14 Liposuction FAQs
- 14.1 How much weight can you lose with Liposuction?
- 14.2 Are Liposuction results permanent?
- 14.3 What is the recovery period and downtime?
- 14.4 For how long do I have to take off from work?
- 14.5 Is Liposuction effective?
- 14.6 Why should I opt for Liposuction?
- 14.7 How soon can you see the results of Liposuction?
- 14.8 Which method of Liposuction is suitable for me?
- 14.9 Will Liposuction Leave Sagging Skin?
- 14.10 Is Liposuction Safe for Health?
- 14.11 Which Liposuction is Best?
- 14.12 Will my waist get smaller after Liposuction?
- 14.13 Is liposuction covered under health insurance?
- 15 Our Liposuction Surgeons
- 16 Liposuction at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic
- 17 Get Free Consultations
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very High Success Rate
What is Liposuction Surgery?
Liposuction is a body contouring surgical procedure that removes an unwanted amount of fat through incisions in the target body parts. Liposuction treatment is a safe and quick method to eliminate fat cells from certain body parts.
In this treatment, your fat cells convert into liquid and discharge through a small suction tube microcannula.
As a result of this surgical treatment, you get an aesthetically improved body shape by targeting specific body fats. That’s why to get your desired result, always consider experienced surgeons. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic has an expert team of certified surgeons with years of experience, particularly in liposuction.
Liposuction Before and After:
What are the Benefits of Liposuction Surgery?
Liposuction is a standard cosmetic procedure for both men and women, with multiple benefits that are mentioned below.
Some liposuction benefits you can enjoy:
- It will give you a well-shaped contoured body after fat loss.
- Liposuction candidates can enjoy multiple health benefits after fat loss.
- Your body will come in an ideal shape that enhances the natural curves and gives a sculpting effect.
- In comparison to other plastic surgeries, liposuction is less invasive
- Liposuction surgery is quite safe and less complicated than other cosmetic surgeries.
- The body recovers more quickly and takes less downtime than in other surgeries.
- It makes your body ideally perfect for modeling.
- It is a secure method of getting rid of stubborn fat that is resistant to diet and exercise.
- Liposuction gives confidence in your body image and increases your self-esteem in people.
- The procedure is also helpful for conditions like gynecomastia and lipomas and for treating conditions like lipodystrophy syndrome and lymphedema.
Initial Consultation with Surgeon
The initial consultation is as important as the right selection of a surgeon. Take advantage of meeting with your surgeon before the surgical procedure. It will give you actual details about the procedure that you will take. You can share your concerns, fears, and medical historical events.
You must have some important points to discuss with your surgeon when you may visit for an initial consultation:
- Before selecting a surgeon, it is crucial to educate yourself on the various liposuction techniques. It is also important to learn about the surgeon’s experience and to read reviews from other patients.
- You should note the questions you want to ask in advance so that you can be sure to get answers to all of your questions. This is especially important if you are considering a specific type of surgery because you will want to ask the doctor how often they have performed that surgery.
- Bring all your medical history if you are currently under another treatment.
Your surgeon will make an initial assessment by asking different questions. He/she will tell you precautions if you fit perfectly in the right candidate list. The surgeon will ask for a blood test if he/she feels it is necessary before surgery. You can discuss your fears regarding surgery and get to know the procedure of surgery.
You can then ask all the questions you prepared before the consultation. You can get comfortable with the surgeon and the clinic staff and notice the hygiene and professionalism of the staff and clinic.
Be comfortable discussing your concerns and ask very basic questions you may consider important. Our plastic surgeon will help to understand the whole process and will clear all your misconceptions and doubts you may have before surgery. That’s why our surgeons believe that strong relationships are essential before any surgical procedure. You can get free initial consultation at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic. Save your time and book your slot in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
Ask Questions in Initial Consultation with Your Surgeon
- How long does it take for Liposuction?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital after surgery?
- In how many days will I get a full recovery?
- Should I get local or general anesthesia?
- Will I be able to perform my routine tasks/supports after Liposuction surgery?
What is the cost of Liposuction in Dubai?
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic offers a competitive price for Liposuction, starting from AED 25,000. We have easy installment plans for our patients.
The Cost of Liposuction may vary because it depends on the following factors:
- The size and number of areas being treated.
- The type of Liposuction technique chosen.
- The clinic’s location
- The expertise of the surgeon
How to Know – Am I the Right Candidate for Liposuction?
Ideal candidates for liposuction should have good health and a realistic approach to the results of the operation.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, here are the criteria defined for liposuction candidates:
- People who are generally healthy and don’t have any medical conditions that could make it difficult for them to heal are good candidates for Liposuction.
- Ideally, patients should be above 18 years old.
- Have a normal body weight and a healthy lifestyle.
- A candidate should have good skin elasticity.
- A candidate has not been suffering from diabetes or blood circulation problems.
- He/she does not smoke, has good breathing, and has a strong immune system.
Furthermore, the maximum amount of fat that can be removed with liposuction is 5000 ml, which is about 11 pounds on the scale. The liposuction surgeon will determine your eligibility for the procedure and will set surgery proceedings. After an initial assessment and medical history, our expert cosmetic surgeon will decide whether this aesthetic treatment is right for you or not.
Which body areas can be treated with Liposuction?
Liposuction can be performed on various body areas for both men and women. The treatable areas include;
- Upper Arms
- Chest and back
- Neck and chin
How is Liposuction Performed?
Liposuction surgery varies depending on individual health, age, fat conditions, and the area of the body where the surgery will be performed. As a patient, you must know under what procedure your body will get treated.
A step-by-step liposuction surgery procedure is mentioned below that our expert surgeons follow at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic.
Step 1 – Initial Examination
Before starting proceedings, patients stay under observation, and surgeons track their pulse rate, oxygen level, and blood vessel pressure. A surgeon doesn’t start surgery until he is fully satisfied with the patient’s preoperative assessment.
Step 2 – Anesthesia
Usually, surgeons give general anesthesia during the operation. In general anesthesia, you will fall asleep during the procedure and not feel any pain.
Step 3 – Incisions
An incision is then made in the folds of the skin that are well concealed so that the patient cannot see it. The size of the incision directly depends on the size of the cannula.
Step 4 – Fat Suction
Through incisions, cannulas get inserted and then move back and forth to liquefy the fats. Later on, this liquid fat is drained out through the microcannula and a low-power suction machine.
Step 5 – Closing the Incisions
The surgeon used to close the incisions through surgical stitches. Excess fluid is then drained using small tubes placed over the incision site.
The entire procedure will take 3 to 4 hours. It depends on the treatment area and the amount of fat.
Some quick facts about Liposuction surgery?
Some of the common key points are mentioned in the chart for all the patients undergoing liposuction surgery.
|Anesthesia||Patients who undergo a general anesthetic usually stay in the hospital overnight. |
Local anesthesia depends on which body part liposuction surgery will perform as well as body part sensitivity.
|Support Bandages||The targeted area will be fitted with elasticated corsets or bandages.|
|Stitches||They will be removed in a follow-up appointment by the concerned surgeon|
|Numbness||Numbness will remain till 6 to 8 weeks after the operation.|
|Antibiotics||Antibiotic medicine will be given after the operation to heal and prevent wound infections quickly.|
|Bruising||Swelling will appear for a few days in target areas.|
|Painkillers||Different painkillers will be given to relieve pain and inflammation.|
Advanced Liposuction Techniques Use in Dubai (UAE)
Liposuction removes fat through a hollow tube known as a cannula and an aspirator (vacuum). The liposuction procedure can be carried out in different ways based on the amount of fluid injected and the cannula’s mechanism.
There are different types of liposuction methods that are mentioned below. Our practitioner surgeons will decide which technique is more suitable for you after pre-assessment and medical history.
Suction-Assisted Liposuction (SAL)
This is usually a standard liposuction surgery method. It involves making a small incision and a tiny cannula insertion. Then it is connected to a vacuum machine. The surgeon uses a forward and backward motion to push through the fat layer delicately and draw out the fat cells.
Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction (UAL)
In ultrasonic liposuction, vibrations are transmitted through a specialized cannula into the body. When the vibration hits the fat cells, it bursts the fat layers and turns them into liquid, making the suction easy. The upper back is one of the most commonly treated areas by UAL because it is more fibrous.
Compared to traditional liposuction, this procedure takes a little longer, but not as long as tumescent liposuction. Additionally, this technique has less blood loss, though it is associated with a higher risk of seroma.
Power-Assisted Liposuction ( PAL)
This procedure is done under a specific cannula with mechanized movements. Due to this, the surgeon requires to perform fewer physical movements, but standard SAL is still used. The fatty tissue is injected with a large amount of Lidocaine mixed with a saline solution. This is a preferred method for liposuction since it offers patients the most comfortable and reduces some potential hazards of the procedure.
Twin-Cannula Assisted Liposuction (TCAL or just TCL)
The fat cells are eliminated by using a tube within a tube. The first cannula is placed to disrupt the fat cells and make it easier to suction. The fat is aspirated using the inner cannula. When the cannula is pushed back and forth using this technique, the patient’s tissue is less likely to sustain needless injury.
Laser-assisted Liposuction (LAL)
This type of liposuction uses a laser to liquefy unwanted body fat. The liquefied fat can be vacuumed out or drained out through small tubes called cannulas. Because the cannulas used in laser-assisted liposuction are smaller than those used in traditional liposuction, this method is often recommended for confined areas such as the chin and neck.
In some cases, laser-assisted liposuction may help prevent skin sagging after traditional liposuction because it increases collagen production, which helps maintain skin structure.
What are the Common Side Effects of Liposuction?
Some other common liposuction side effects are included:
- Anesthesia complications
- Bleeding and infections
- Fat embolism
- Pulmonary embolism
- Changes in skin sensation
- Blood clotting
- Irregular contours
- Cardiac complications
- Skin discoloration and skin numbness
- Damage to some structures such as vessels, nerves, and abdominal regions
Choose the Right Plastic Surgeon for Liposuction
The surgeon’s expertise and experience are essential to the success of liposuction procedures and desired results. Always choose your surgeon wisely. It means choosing your health benefits with minimum risks.
The surgeon you choose should be Board Certified with ample experience in liposuction surgeries. We have highly expert surgeons and cosmetic consultants in Dubai. Book free consultation now to get your perfect body shape.
Some of the key points you need to focus on before selecting the surgeon:
- See his before and after results of surgery
- How much he/she has expertise in an aesthetic sense and artistic eye.
- How much he/she is concerned about the patient’s safety, post-care, and results?
- How can she/he enhance your beautiful features and focus more on natural shape?
- Always go through the profile of the plastic surgeon and read the patient’s liposuction experience.
Healing and Recovery after Liposuction
- Avoid stretching, biking, running and fast walking for 6 to 8 weeks.
- You can return to work after 2 to 3 days with proper post-care.
- Wear a compression garment for 1 to 3 months
How much weight can you lose with Liposuction?
The safe extraction limit for a single session of Liposuction is about 5 liters or 11 pounds. Sometimes, we can stretch up to 6-7 liters if there is minimal bleeding, the patient is young and healthy, and one night stay in the hospital is planned.
Are Liposuction results permanent?
Yes. If you maintain good eating and exercise habits after getting Liposuction, the fat will not come back. You need to maintain stable body weight by exercising regularly and following a healthy diet regimen. In this way, you can retain the results permanently.
What is the recovery period and downtime?
The recovery period of Liposuction can vary from a few days to weeks based on the size of the area treated. If an expert surgeon has performed the treatment, the recovery period will be short. You can start walking once the anesthesia wears off. Also, you can resume your daily work when the swelling subsides after a few days. Surgeons might prescribe compression garments and medications for fast recovery. Take a few days off after the Liposuction surgery for rest and do not resume exercise before one week at least.
For how long do I have to take off from work?
You should take off for almost ten days or more based on the size of the targeted area and the amount of fat removed.
Is Liposuction effective?
Yes, Liposuction is a very effective body contouring technique. It gives long-lasting results and reshapes your body by removing extra fats.
Why should I opt for Liposuction?
People with stubborn body fats that don’t respond to exercise or dieting can opt for Liposuction. It will help eliminate fat pockets in various body areas and give you a contoured body. Apart from body contouring and aesthetic reasons, Liposuction can also be opted to treat certain medical conditions like:
How soon can you see the results of Liposuction?
It takes 2-4 months to see the final results of Liposuction. However, the majority of the effects are visible within 4-8 weeks as the swelling subsides.
Which method of Liposuction is suitable for me?
Only an expert Liposuction surgeon can decide the best suitable Liposuction technique for you. It is because every method has specific candidacy criteria, pros, and cons. Therefore, consult with the surgeon before undergoing Liposuction. They will choose a technique depending on the size and number of body areas to be treated, the amount of fat being removed, skin elasticity, and lifestyle factors.
Will Liposuction Leave Sagging Skin?
Liposuction does not leave sagging skin if you are young and the elasticity of your skin is good enough. There are chances people with old age will experience slight sagging skin. Discuss with our expert plastic surgeons at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic. They will guide you after assessing your current health condition and age factor.
Is Liposuction Safe for Health?
Yes, Liposuction treatment is safe and risk-free. In this aesthetic surgical procedure, the surgeon only removes fat deposits that prevent the patient from having a perfectly ideal body look. The surgery is done under anesthesia which ensures a pain-free surgery.
Which Liposuction is Best?
Only an expert Liposuction surgeon can decide the best suitable Liposuction technique for you. It is because every method has specific candidacy criteria, pros, and cons.
Therefore, consult with our surgeon at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic before undergoing Liposuction. They will choose a technique depending on the size and number of body areas to be treated, the amount of fat being removed, skin elasticity, and lifestyle factors.
The most accurate and traditional form of liposuction is called Smart Lipo. One of the key benefits of Smart Lipo is; that people can expect a tight and flawless finish from sculpting in any area of their body, even on the face. It also offers the quickest recovery period out of all liposuction procedures.
Will my waist get smaller after Liposuction?
After stomach liposuction, you will see a slimmer waist if your visceral fat is low and only subcutaneous fat needs to be removed. You may even lose between 1 – 3 inches from your waist.
Is liposuction covered under health insurance?
Medical insurance does not pay for liposuction because it is typically performed for cosmetic purposes. But if it's done for a medical reason, insurance might pay for it. Please confirm your insurance eligibility, including which expenses are covered and which are not, in advance.
Our Liposuction Surgeons
Liposuction at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic is the best option for you if you want to undergo Liposuction treatment. Being the pioneer of cosmetic surgery services in the Middle East region, we have earned the status of the best Liposuction clinic in UAE. Our expert plastic surgeons consist of some big names that possess extensive experience and have worked internationally. They are determined to provide the best results and assist you in achieving a sculpted body. We offer state-of-the-art facilities to our patients and emphasize patient safety.
Get Free Consultations
To know more about Liposuction and book a free initial consultation, fill out the form below. Our surgeons will answer all your queries and will guide you about the cost, considering your condition. So, book an appointment now.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest