The oral and maxillofacial surgery in Dubai is recognized by the American Dental Association as one of the major procedures of dentistry. This procedure involves surgical & adjunctive treatments along with the diagnosis of defects and injuries that are related to the maxillofacial area. The maxillofacial area includes jaws, teeth, mouth, and face.
- 1. What is Dental Oral Surgery?
- 2. What are the Goals of Treatment?
- 3. Procedures Involved in Oral Surgery
- 4. Are You A Candidate?
- 5. Preoperative Instructions
- 6. Procedure
- 7. Postoperative Instructions
- 8. Results & Recovery
- 9. Benefits of Dental Oral Surgery
- 10. Our Doctors
- 11. Schedule A FREE Consultation
It is highly recommended to visit your dentist at least once in every 6 weeks because it will help you to maintain a good oral health. In order to understand the treatment, you need to know about the types of the treatment, procedures, recovery, and results.
What is Dental Oral Surgery?
Dental oral surgery in Dubai is a procedure that is recognized on an international level. It refers to all those treatments that are used to correct a wide range of defects, injuries and diseases of the head, jaws, face and soft & hard tissues of the oral maxillofacial region.
What are the Goals of Treatment?
Dental oral surgery aims to;
- Maintain a good oral health good.
- Protect your teeth against any damage.
- Corrects the defects or injuries that affect your jaws and facial tissues.
Procedures Involved in Oral Surgery
As mentioned earlier, oral surgery is a combination of treatments that are performed to improve your oral and maxillofacial area. Following is a list of the procedures that can be performed under the dental oral surgery in Dubai.
- Tooth Extractions
- Corrective Jaw Surgery
- Dental Implants
- Dental Fillings
- Root Canals
- Dental Bridges
- Periodontal Treatment
- Laser Procedures
- Impacted wisdom tooth removal
- Reconstructive surgery
- Sleep Apnea
- Facial injury repair
Are You A Candidate?
It is essential to know if you are a good candidate for the treatment or not because it affects the quality of your results. Our dental surgeons will let you know about the candidacy upon consultation. However, following are some of the main aspects that may help you in clearing your concern.
You are a good candidate if;
- You need to enhance your lifestyle.
- You need to boost your oral health.
- You want to end the complications that you are facing due to your bad oral health.
- You have difficulty in biting, chewing, and swallowing.
- You have speech issues.
- You have realistic expectations from the treatment.
A complete treatment plan is provided to you before starting the dental oral surgery in Dubai. This treatment plan is discussed with you prior to the surgery. You have to follow all the instructions mentioned in the plan in order to prepare well for the procedures. Your dentist will select the anesthesia according to the severity of your problem and will discuss it with you. You can ask your dentist any question regarding the treatment to clear any doubts before opting for the treatment.
The procedure of dental oral surgery varies on the basis of type of treatment. Every patient is treated on an individual basis in this treatment category. Keeping your problem in mind, the dentist will perform the required procedure accordingly. Also, he will explain the whole procedure to you before starting it. For example, if you require corrective jaw surgery, your dentist will perform the procedure to treat that specific condition.
Following postoperative instructions is as essential as following preoperative instructions. You can achieve best possible results only if you follow your dentist’s instructions carefully. Also, it will allow you to have a smooth recovery without complications. Mentioned below are some of the common post-op instructions.
- Take prescribed painkillers regularly.
- Follow do’s and don’ts advised by your dentist after the surgery.
- Get all your prescribed tests done.
Results & Recovery
If you have followed the instructions carefully and got your treatment by an expert surgeon then the recovery process will be short and easy for you. The results of the dental oral surgery are effective and permanent.
Benefits of Dental Oral Surgery
If you have teeth that need to be removed or you are suffering from oral diseases like bone deterioration then oral surgery will serve as the best solution for you. The severity of an oral disease ranges from minor to complex, and so as its surgery. The numerous benefits of the procedure make it the best treatment for your dental care. Some of them are mentioned below;
- Oral surgery allows you to achieve long-term tooth replacement.
- It helps in preventing significant tooth damage.
- It addresses the problem efficiently.
- It depends on your situation but in many cases oral surgery works as the best choice to alleviate pain, heal disease and prevent future oral diseases.
- The procedure is pain-free.
Schedule A FREE Consultation
Scheduling a prior consultation with your surgeon is always recommended. This is because he/she will assess your teeth health, diagnose the actual problem, know about your expectations, provide you the best possible solution and clear your queries. Furthermore, you will be able to get the exact cost of oral surgery in Dubai during this session. You will be happy to know that our consultation is FREE. So, fill in the form to book your appointment now.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest