Rosacea is a type of skin disease that causes red discoloration on the skin and is often misinterpreted as a blush. It can affect anyone but is more common among women with light skin tone. It is not possible to completely cure rosacea. However, this skin condition can be controlled and reduced through Rosacea treatment in Dubai.
Table of Contents
What is Rosacea?
It is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that principally affects the facial region of a person. It causes facial redness and produces small, red, pus-filled pustules or bumps, which can worsen when not treated immediately.
Rosacea may cause panic when the redness on the skin starts developing into serious acne breakouts or enlarged pores that are prone to whiteheads and blackheads. There is no cure for rosacea, but treatment can be done to prevent the condition from getting worse and to ease the discomfort.
There are various kinds of rosacea. Their signs, symptoms, and severity also vary depending on the type. Some common symptoms are:
- Facial redness and flushing.
- Skin becomes very sensitive.
- Dry, rough, and scaly skin.
- Stinging and burning on the skin.
- Swollen red bumps on the skin.
- Enlarged pores.
- Eye problems.
- Enlarged nose.
The exact cause of rosacea is unknown, but it can occur due to hereditary and environmental factors. Some common causes of rosacea are:
- Spicy and hot foods.
- Temperature extremes.
- Sun exposure.
- Strenuous exercise.
- Corticosteroids and medications that dilate blood vessels.
Some common options for rosacea treatment Dubai are;
- Topical medications: Topical medications are normally the first option for the treatment of rosacea, but their results are not guaranteed as they last for a few weeks only. Common topical ingredients that are used to treat rosacea include metronidazole and azelaic acid. Both the medications are used to control the redness and bumps in rosacea.
- Oral medications: Certain oral medications are also helpful for the treatment of moderate rosacea. Oral medications may cause some temporary side-effects like diarrhea, bloating, indigestion, abdominal pain, and loss of appetite.
- IPL treatment: IPL treatment is effective for improving flushing caused by rosacea. It is also helpful in successfully improving the redness and visible blood vessels. However, its results are temporary.
- Laser treatment: Laser treatment is the most effective treatment for rosacea among all the options. Its results are highly effective, beneficial and long-lasting as well. It uses laser energy to control the symptoms of rosacea.
The machines used to perform the laser rosacea treatment are Light Care IPL and Fotona.
Preparation is necessary to get the best possible results. To prepare your skin for the rosacea treatment in Dubai, you need to do the following.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
- Inform your doctor about your allergies.
- Inform your doctor if you are using any specific medicines.
- Get all your tests done (Prescribed only).
Laser therapy for rosacea treatment in Dubai is a short procedure that requires very little time to complete, a maximum of 30 minutes. The steps of the procedure are given below:
- The procedure is virtually pain-free and discomfort caused by it is bearable, but numbing cream or topical anesthesia may be applied in some cases.
- Then laser device is moved on the skin that precisely delivers the laser energy to the treatment area.
- The heat of the laser damages the dilated blood vessels and shrinks them making them invisible without causing any damage to the surrounding area.
- Afterward, cold packs and protective ointments are used to minimize the pain and discomfort caused by the treatment.
Following aftercare instructions provided by the practitioner is very important to obtain desired results. They may include:
- Apply ice packs immediately after the treatment to reduce discomfort.
- Avoid using irritants such as benzoyl peroxide and Retin A.
Among all the methods, laser rosacea treatment Dubai does not require a long time for recovery. The most common after-effects of the treatment are discolorations and bruising that are temporary and subside completely in a couple of days. The treated area becomes sensitive to touch and feels like sunburn. Most of the redness, swelling, and sensitivity will resolve within 2 to 3 days. Applying makeup will be helpful in hiding skin discoloration.
There are many benefits of laser therapy for rosacea in Dubai. Some of them include:
- It is the only safe, quick, effective, and easy treatment for rosacea.
- It is a non-invasive procedure.
- No complications and risks are associated with it, and side effects are also minimum.
Rosacea Treatment Cost in Dubai
The average starting price of laser rosacea treatment at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic® is AED 1615. However, it may vary based on the severity of the problem. Therefore, you should consult with our dermatologist to know the exact cost.
The treatment will not completely cure the condition but will help you control the symptoms. The final results become noticeable after having the required number of sessions. The results are long-lasting but not permanent, so the patient requires maintenance treatments to sustain the desired results.
Get A Consultation
You can consult with our dermatologists and get your skin checked before opting for the rosacea treatment in Dubai. It will help you in knowing more about your skin condition and the treatment suggested by the doctor. For this purpose, you can visit the clinic or book your appointment online. Fill in the form given below and one of our staff members will get back to you to book your appointment.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest