Dental filling is one of the most common solutions used to restore a decaying tooth. They are used to fill the teeth cavities that are formed as a result of decay caused by bacteria residing in the mouth. The purpose of a filling is to save a damaged tooth and restore its appearance and functionality instead of extracting it. The dentist first removes the decay, thoroughly cleans the affected area, and fills the cavity with a dental filling material. There are different types of filling material, and the type chosen for the treatment depends on the condition of the tooth.
It can be quite harmful to you to leave a decayed tooth untreated because the decay can reach the nerves causing you more pain. In that case, you will have to undergo root canal treatment. So, it is preferable to stop tooth decay on time by opting for dental fillings in Dubai.
Table of Contents
- 1 Types of Dental Fillings
- 2 Benefits of Dental Fillings
- 3 Who are the Candidates?
- 4 How is the Treatment Performed?
- 5 Dental Filling Cost in Dubai
- 6 Our Dentists
- 7 Dental Fillings FAQs
- 8 Schedule A Consultation
Types of Dental Fillings
Only a dentist can recommend the most suitable type considering the extent of damage done to your tooth. Some of the common filling materials used for the treatment are;
They are a combination of metals like silver, mercury, tin, and copper, which makes them strong and hard-wearing. However, they are avoided due to mercury, which is harmful to health.
They are quite durable and custom-made but more expensive. Also, they are not aesthetically suitable. Only two visits are required to get it done.
They are composed of porcelain and are custom-made. As compared to gold fillings, they are cheap and aesthetic dental fillings. It is hard to differentiate them from the tooth.
They are a mixture of resin and silica, giving a natural look due to their white color. In the majority of the cases, a composite filling is used because of its durability.
Glass Ionomer Fillings
Such fillings are tooth-colored and are made up of glass components and acrylic. They are used in specific cases when other fillings are not suitable.
Benefits of Dental Fillings
The dental gap filling treatment has the following benefits for people with a decayed, broken, or cracked tooth.
- Restores the shape and function of a tooth, thus improving the dental structure.
- Ceases the decay and protects the tooth from further damage.
- It is a quick treatment that can be completed in just two visits.
- It has minimal side effects and has no downtime.
- There are no chances of allergic reactions.
Who are the Candidates?
Anybody with the following dental issues can be a good candidate for dental fillings in Dubai.
- If you have a severely infected tooth.
- If you have mild to moderate tooth decay.
- You had a dental filling previously but you want to replace it.
How is the Treatment Performed?
- The tooth to be treated is examined, and the x-ray is done to determine the extent of the damage.
- Local anesthesia might be used to numb the tooth.
- After this, the dentist will remove the decayed tooth structure and clean the affected area by using a drill, laser, or air abrasion.
- Once the tooth is completely clean and ready for filling, the dentist will place the safest dental filling material into the tooth carefully in the form of layers.
- A special light can also be used to cure the filling, and when the filling is in place, all the excess material is trimmed off.
- As a result, the tooth gets its original shape, and in the end, the filling is polished for a smoother tooth-like feel.
Dental Filling Cost in Dubai
The cost of dental fillings differs from patient to patient because it depends on variable factors. These factors include the type of filling being used, the condition of the tooth, expertise of the dentist, and the location of the clinic. The average starting cost of dental filling is AED 200 and can vary depending upon the type of filling. It is better to ask the dentist about the exact cost which matches your condition.
Dental Fillings FAQs
Do dental fillings hurt?
Dental fillings in Dubai do not hurt if they are done accurately. Patients might experience a minor sensitivity after the treatment but it is temporary and will subside.
How long do dental fillings last?
It normally depends on the material of fillings. Some materials are more durable as compared to others. For example, amalgam fillings can last for almost 15 years while composite fillings can last for only 5-7 years. It shows that amalgam is more durable than composites.
What is the best material for tooth filling?
A variety of materials can be used for dental fillings in Dubai like silver amalgam, composite resin, porcelain or gold. However, the choice of the best material depends on your dentists, the extent of tooth decay and the place of filling.
How long does it take to get a dental filling?
The time required to perform the procedure depends on the type of material being used for filling and the time needed to prepare the affected tooth for filling. It does not take more than an hour to prepare the tooth before applying a filling. The amalgam and composite fillings can be done in a single appointment.
Can fillings fall out?
There is a chance for the dental filling Dubai to fall out if the tooth beneath has started decaying.
When can I start eating after getting the dental filling?
Normally, you can start eating after a few hours of getting the filling, once the anesthesia has worn off. However, it is better to consult with your dentist first. He might have some important precautions for you to follow.
Do dental fillings need to be replaced?
Composite fillings need frequent replacement as compared to porcelain or inlays. It is because fillings can wear down even if they are durable. Therefore, the replacement becomes necessary.
Schedule A Consultation
The dentists at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic are highly qualified and work with the patients to help them achieve their goals. We offer the world’s best dental fillings in Dubai that will help you in protecting your tooth from further decay or extraction. You can book an initial consultation with our expert dentists to discuss your requirements, the cost of the treatment, the filling procedure, and many other details. So, contact us today if you want to have complete dental care.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest