Are you conscious of your ears? Do you think they are too big, too small, or too unappealing? Even a beautiful face can be affected negatively with the presence of visibly imperfect ears. The perfect ears are neither too big nor too small. Unfortunately, some of us are born with abnormal-looking ears which spoils our appearance. Ear Reshaping surgery in Dubai will help you get the desired results.
- 1. What is Ear Surgery?
- 2. *Facts You Must Know
- 3. Are You a Candidate?
- 4. Ear Surgery Goals
- 5. Pre-op Preparation
- 6. Complications
- 7. How is Ear Surgery Performed?
- 8. Ear Surgery Benefits
- 9. Ear Surgery Recovery
- 10. Post-op Care
- 11. Our Surgeons
- 12. Before and After Results
- 13. Ear Surgery (Otoplasty) FAQ’s
- 14. Free Consultation
What is Ear Surgery?
Ear surgery, also known as Otoplasty or AURICULOPLASTY can greatly improve the ear shape, proportion, and placement. It can correct birth defects in the ear structure that become obvious with age and helps you achieve the desired shape of your ears. It is also a corrective surgery for defects caused by trauma. Visit the cost page to know the exact cost of the treatment.
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Are You a Candidate?
Otoplasty in Dubai may be a perfect option for you if:
- You are unhappy with the appearance of your ears.
- Your ears are sticking out too far from your head.
- Your ears are either too large or too small.
- Your ears are disproportionate to your head or are not positioned correctly.
- Some injury has affected the shape of your ears.
- You are a non-smoker.
- You have good general health.
- You have realistic expectations regarding the outcome of the surgery.
Ear Surgery Goals
The goal of ear surgery in Dubai is to fix the shape and position of ears for a harmonious appearance. It brings the following improvements;
- Reduces the size of overly large ears.
- Increases the size of small ears.
- Improves the position of protruding ears.
- Improves the symmetry of ears.
During your pre-op visit for this treatment, our plastic surgeon will examine you physically to ensure your candidacy for surgery. He will take your detailed medical history and will give thorough pre-operative instructions. Some of the most common instructions are:
- Stop smoking for about six weeks prior to surgery.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Discontinue the use of aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and certain herbal supplements that can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Make required alterations in your current prescription medications as per doctor’s recommendation.
- Make required changes in your diet regimen.
All kinds of surgeries come with risks. Otoplasty in Dubai is also linked to a few possible complications that include:
- Risks associated with anesthesia
- Surgical risks
- Permanent or temporary numbness
- Itchy scars
- Blood clots
- Unsatisfactory results
- Skin death
- More surgeries or other procedures to treat complications
- Cauliflower ears that is also known as haematoma auris
The risks are not limited to the above-mentioned lists. There can be some other risks as well on the basis of your lifestyle and medical history. You should discuss any concerns with your surgeon.
How is Ear Surgery Performed?
The latest Otoplasty procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and takes about 1 to 2 hours to complete. Highly customized surgery may also take 2 to 3 hours. Following is the step by step description of the surgery.
- Anesthesia is administered. Either general or local anesthesia may be used.
- Then the surgeon will make an incision at various sites depending on the alterations required. For example;
- Hidden in the folds of the ear
- Behind the ears – for protruding ears
- Then the required alterations are made which include reducing the size of the ears by cutting a part of cartilage or increasing the size by adding cartilage graft or re-positioning of ears.
- Finally, incisions are closed using sutures.
Ear Surgery Benefits
There are many psychological as well as aesthetic benefits of this treatment. It is less surgical than Eyelid Surgery. Some of the most common benefits include:
- It greatly improves your aesthetic appearance by improving the shape, size, and position of your ears.
- It is a safe procedure and minimal side effects are associated with it.
- The procedure is suitable for correcting a wide variety of small imperfections.
- It is suitable for children as well.
- It requires minimum downtime and causes minimal scarring.
- It significantly improves the quality of your life by boosting your confidence and self-esteem.
- It gives natural-looking results.
Ear Surgery Recovery
Otoplasty recovery differs from person to person but you can expect your recovery period to be like:
- You may have to stay home for at least a week after the surgery.
- The surgeon will bandage your head before you are sent home. You will also be given guidelines as to how the bandage is to be handled to ensure a smooth recovery.
- Your surgeon will tell you how long to wear the bandage and how to manage it while sleeping.
- You will have to wear the bandage for at least three days.
- If your stitches need to be removed your surgeon will do so one week after the surgery.
- Scars are expected, but they will likely fade over time.
- Though the recovery period is unique for every patient you can expect to return to your work and start light activities a week after surgery.
- The final results of surgery will become visible about two weeks after surgery.
Though our plastic surgeon will give you a thorough list of post-surgical instructions, below given are some common instructions that nearly every patient needs to follow.
- Take the prescribed medications regularly.
- Use ice packs to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- For the first week of recovery, rest frequently but start the light walk as soon as possible to keep blood flowing.
- Avoid strenuous activities and exercise for a few weeks.
- Keep your head elevated while resting or sleeping.
- Don’t rest your head on the treated ear.
Before and After Results
The results of ear surgery done by our best surgeons become visible immediately after surgery in the form of natural-looking and proportional ears with improved balance of ears and face. The results are fortunately permanent. No guarantee is given, as the results may vary from person to person.
You should schedule a consultation before making any decision when it comes to getting an ear surgery. Our experts are always here to serve you with the best. So, what are you waiting for? Fill the form below and set up your appointment with our surgeons.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest