Are you conscious of your ears? Do you think they are too big, too small, or too unappealing? Even a beautiful face can be affected negatively with the presence of visibly imperfect ears. The perfect ears are neither too big nor too small. Unfortunately, some of us are born with abnormal-looking ears which spoils our appearance. Ear surgery in Dubai will help you get the desired results.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Ear Surgery?
- 2 Are You a Candidate?
- 3 Ear Surgery Goals
- 4 Pre-op Preparation
- 5 How is Ear Surgery Performed?
- 6 Ear Surgery Benefits
- 7 Ear Surgery Recovery
- 8 Post-op Care
- 9 Before and After Results
- 10 Ear Surgery FAQs
- 11 Our Surgeons
- 12 Free Consultation
What is Ear Surgery?
Ear surgery, also known as Otoplasty or AURICULOPLASTY, can greatly improve the ear shape, proportion, and placement. It can correct birth defects in the ear structure that become obvious with age and helps you achieve the desired shape of your ears. It is also a corrective surgery for defects caused by trauma. Visit the ear surgery cost page to know the exact cost of the treatment.
Are You a Candidate?
Otoplasty in Dubai may be a perfect option for you if:
- You are unhappy with the appearance of your ears.
- Your ears are sticking out too far from your head.
- Your ears are either too large or too small.
- Your ears are disproportionate to your head or are not positioned correctly.
- Some injury has affected the shape of your ears.
- You have good general health.
- You have realistic expectations regarding the outcome of the surgery.
Ear Surgery Goals
The goal of ear surgery in Dubai is to fix the shape and position of ears for a harmonious appearance. It brings the following improvements;
- Reduces the size of overly large ears.
- Increases the size of small ears.
- Improves the position of protruding ears.
- Improves the symmetry of ears.
During your pre-op visit for otoplasty, our plastic surgeon will examine you physically to ensure your candidacy for surgery. He will take your detailed medical history and give thorough pre-operative instructions. Some of the most common instructions are:
- Discontinue the use of aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and certain herbal supplements that can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Make the required alterations in your current medications as per the doctor’s recommendation.
- Make the required changes in your diet regimen.
How is Ear Surgery Performed?
The latest Otoplasty procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and takes about 1 to 2 hours to complete. Highly customized surgery may also take 2 to 3 hours. Following is the step by step description of the surgery.
- Anesthesia is administered. Either general or local anesthesia may be used.
- Then the surgeon will make incisions at various sites depending on the alterations required. For example;
- Hidden in the folds of the ear
- Behind the ears – for protruding ears
- After that, the required alterations are made. These changes include reducing the size of the ears by cutting a part of the cartilage, increasing the size by adding a cartilage graft, or re-positioning of ears.
- Finally, incisions are closed using sutures.
Ear Surgery Benefits
There are many psychological as well as aesthetic benefits of otoplasty in Dubai. It is less surgical than Eyelid Surgery. Some of the most common benefits include:
- It greatly improves your aesthetic appearance by improving the shape, size, and position of your ears.
- It is a safe procedure and minimal side effects are associated with it.
- The procedure is suitable for correcting a wide variety of small imperfections.
- It is suitable for children as well.
- It requires minimum downtime and causes minimal scarring.
- It significantly improves the quality of your life by boosting your confidence and self-esteem.
- It gives natural-looking results.
Ear Surgery Recovery
Otoplasty recovery differs from person to person but you can expect your recovery period to be like this:
- You may have to stay at home for at least a week after the surgery.
- The surgeon will bandage your head before you are sent home. You will also be given guidelines as to how the bandage is to be handled to ensure a smooth recovery.
- You will have to wear the bandage for at least three days.
- If your stitches need to be removed, your surgeon will do so one week after the surgery.
- Scars are expected, but they will likely fade over time.
- Though the recovery period is unique for every patient, you can expect to return to your work and start light activities one week after the surgery.
- The final results will become visible about two weeks after the surgery.
Below given are some common instructions that nearly every patient needs to follow.
- Take the prescribed medications regularly.
- Use ice packs to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- During the first week of recovery, rest frequently but start the light walk as soon as possible to keep blood flowing.
- Avoid strenuous activities and exercise for a few weeks.
- Keep your head elevated while resting or sleeping.
- Don’t rest your head on the treated ear.
Before and After Results
Ear reshaping surgery offers natural-looking results that are permanent. You get proportional ears with an improved balance between ears and face. No guarantee is given, as the results may vary from person to person.
Ear Surgery FAQs
What is the intended result?
The intended result is to have ears that have normal folds and shape with normal protrusion from the side of the head.
How Long Does the Surgery Take?
The otoplasty procedure may take 1 to 2 hrs for completion, depending upon the nature and extent of the deformity.
How Long Is the Recovery?
Generally, two weeks are required to recover completely after ear surgery. There is some swelling and bruising, which may last from a few days to a week.
For how long I need to take off from work?
If somebody works from home on a computer then they don't need an off from work. However, if interaction with other people is required then about one week off is adequate.
How long do the results last?
Once, ear surgery is performed, the results are permanent.
Is it Painful?
Otoplasty in Dubai is not painful unless there are some complications. If unusual pain is noted, the patient must inform the surgeon.
What Is The Otoplasty Cost in Dubai?
The cost includes the surgeon's fee, hospital charges, and anesthesia fee. Therefore, it is recommended to consult with the surgeon to know the exact cost. The average starting price of otoplasy is AED 15000.
You should get an initial consultation before undergoing ear surgery in Dubai. Our experts at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® are always available to guide you about the procedure. So, what are you waiting for? Fill the form below and get a free consultation with our surgeons.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest