A facelift, also known as Rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic surgical procedure in which facial tissues are treated using various techniques. It gives you a more youthful and less “worn-out” look. Facelift in Dubai can be used to trim and tighten facial skin while removing fat pockets if necessary. You cannot achieve this goal with dermal fillers and implants because they can only enhance the facial structure.
What is a Facelift?
A facelift procedure naturally removes folds, wrinkles or sagging skin around the eyes, cheeks, mouth, forehead, and jaws while enhancing the overall facial appearance. It makes you feel and look younger. There are different techniques to perform facelift Dubai. The traditional method involves making incisions that start within the hairline and end behind the ears. The choice of technique depends on the patient’s skin condition, the extent of facial sagging and the required results.
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Before & After Results
No guarantee is given, as the results may vary from person to person.
Are you a Candidate?
The facelift treatment is not a very fussy technique but it requires the patient to be eligible for it since everyone is not suitable for a facelift. The ideal candidates for a facelift in Dubai are those who:
- Have good skin elasticity irrelevant of age and a strong bone structure.
- Have excessive loose skin on their faces resulting in wrinkles or a droopy look.
- Have kept themselves as close as possible to a healthy weight and are tested negative for skin diseases.
- Have deep lines around the nose and mouth.
- Have excess skin on the jowls.
Here, you should know that facelift is not an effective treatment for hyperpigmentation or sun damage. You should opt for laser treatments to get rid of such skin conditions.
You must understand that a facelift is not a cure for a disease but a beautification process. It can boost self-esteem and physical appearance by tightening the skin. Thus, achieving a younger and more beautiful look. Many patients who get facelift are within 40-70 years of age. However, facelifts can be performed on younger patients as well. The main goals of facelift treatment in Dubai are:
- To remove sagging skin and fat deposits around the jaws and cheeks known as jowls.
- To trim excess fat around the chin and neck area.
- To eliminate aging signs around the mouth, eyes, and forehead by tightening the skin.
There are two main techniques to perform facelift surgery in Dubai which include surgical facelift and non-surgical facelift. The surgeon will determine the most suitable technique to deliver the look you wish to have.
Non-Surgical Facelift: Your surgeon will make use of injectables or derma fillers to tighten skin and give you a more youthful appearance. The non-surgical facelift is a commonly known remedy for wrinkles. But for loose skin, excess fat, and facial folds various degrees of invasive surgery are used.
Surgical Facelift: Incisions are made above the hairline which continue all the way down under your jaws running right behind the ears and even down the chin. The surgeon will peel back the skin and tighten the layer of underlying facial muscles while removing the excess fat. After the tissues of the face are tightened, excess skin will be trimmed off.
How to Prepare for a Facelift?
Simple instructions to make facelift Dubai less complicated and the recovery process much easier are listed below:
- Wear a loose and comfortable button-down shirt on and after the day of surgery. It helps prevent pulling the cloth over your face.
- Avoid drugs that inhibit healing such as aspirin, herbal supplements, and anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Set up a recovery room at home that is well-equipped with ointments, clean gauze, napkins, loose button-down clothes, pillows, ice bags (for swellings) and a thermometer.
- Arrange someone to drive you home after the surgery.
- Facelift Dubai is performed on an outpatient basis beginning with the administration of local anesthesia with intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. We prefer using general anesthesia because it relaxes facial muscles significantly. The total time required for the surgery is approximately 2 to 6 hours.
- Incisions are made afterward that vary in extent from full facelift to mini facelift. In mini facelift, short incisions are made, starting above the ear in the hairline and ending around the front of the ear.
- Once the incisions have been made, your cosmetic surgeon will carefully lift the skin to tighten the muscles and tissues below. Finally, the excess skin is removed along with fat to perfect the contours of the face.
- Once the procedure is over, your surgeon will adjust the skin and close the incisions using stitches or medical staples.
Our Facelift Surgeons
The chief benefit of a facelift treatment is that you will feel a notable difference in the firmness of your skin and your facial features will be “fresher”. The psychological benefits of facelift in Dubai include heightened self-esteem and confidence. Also:
- Your wrinkles will disappear. There will be no loose skin around your jaws while the contours of your neck and face will be well-defined.
- The effects of sun and wind on your skin will be greatly minimized.
- The scars of surgery are hidden within the hairline or tucked within the neck. They usually fade away almost completely with time.
- The results of facelift surgery are long-lasting making you look 10 years younger than your actual age.
Recovery from a facelift surgery can be divided into the weeks following surgery. Remember that you will notice the difference right after the surgery but proper results will appear after the first month.
- Week 1 – The most difficult phase after surgery is experienced during the first week. The patients will feel discomfort, pain, swelling and bruising once the bandages have been removed by the surgeon after a couple of days. The surgeon will prescribe painkillers to help you fight the pain and fatigue while you get bed rest.
- Week 2 – Once the bandages are removed, the patient will begin to feel better. Swelling and bruising will begin to subside and light walking is encouraged to circulate blood and prevent blood clotting.
- Week 3 – The stitches are removed and as you feel remarkably better, you will be allowed to continue normal routine activities like work and exercise.
- Week 4 and beyond – The healing process gets completed and your body successfully accepts the surgery. Your face looks younger; the features are beautifully defined whereas the swelling and bruises have completely gone away. This is your face for long years to come!
Some significant instructions for aftercare are outlined below and will aid the healing process to get optimal results.
- Follow the doctor’s instructions to handle the surgical sites which means apply cream and take oral medicines.
- Remove the bandages and stitches as per the appointed time and keep your head elevated while sleeping for the first 2 weeks.
- Abstain from the hairdryers and eat a healthy diet that contains fruits, vegetables and fluids.
- Protect your skin from the sun and wear sunscreen.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The facelift procedure comes with outstanding results. Your face will become presentable within 10 to 15 days after the procedure. However, you will get the final results within 2 to 3 months. When the final results appear after the disappearance of swelling and redness, you will feel more confident because of the youthful appearance. It makes your facial skin firm and gives you a fresh look. You should expect good and long-lasting results. However, keep one thing in mind that multiple sessions are required to achieve and maintain optimal results.
Facelift – Rhytidectomy FAQs
Does facelift require anesthesia?
Yes, facelift Dubai requires local or general anesthesia for its administration. Your surgeon chooses the most suitable type of anesthesia.
Are the results of facelift permanent?
The effects of facelift Dubai are long-lasting but not permanent. They can last for almost 10 years but not for life. It is because facelift procedure can only reverse the aging signs on your face. It cannot stop the aging process. Therefore, to retain the results you will have to lead a healthy lifestyle and maintain a balanced diet. You should avoid sun exposure to keep the firm and younger-looking facial skin for a long time.
How much does a facelift cost in Dubai?
The cost of a facelift in Dubai depends on variable factors which is why the price differs from one individual to another. The factors which influence the cost are;
The expertise of the surgeon
The geographical location of the clinic
Therefore, it is better to consult with a cosmetic surgeon to know about the exact price. The average starting price of facelift is AED 45000. You can visit the facelift cost page to learn more about the cost.
What to expect after a facelift?
Soon after the surgery, dressings will be placed on your face along with a drainage tube that removes the excess blood and fluid. The tube is removed the next day and the dressing is changed.
Your surgeon will remove the dressings a few days after the procedure which are replaced with an elastic facial sling. The purpose of this sling is to provide support and facilitate healing.
The sutures are removed almost 10 days after the surgery. You will experience discomfort, pain, swelling and bruising but they will subside with time. Moreover, you will also experience scarring that will fade within a year.
Remember, the whole point of facelift surgery is to make you look and feel younger, which leads to feeling better about yourself. Each patient who opts for a facelift treatment will receive a tailor-made procedure that is customized for them only. Visit our clinic today or fill the form given below to book an appointment online and learn more about the procedure. We offer a free initial consultation to all the patients who are interested in getting facelift in Dubai from one of our cosmetic surgeons.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest