Dermal Fillers/Botox in Dubai
With aging, the lines and wrinkles appear on our face and creases become more prominent with the passage of time. Dermal fillers are the injectable that are helpful for eradicating lines and wrinkles on face and restoring the contours of face, resulting in more youthful and rejuvenated facial appearance.
Injectable Fillers Candidates
Injectable fillers are beneficial for both men and women. You may be an ideal candidate for this treatment if:
- You have lines around your nose, mouth and eyes.
- You have fine lines on your lips.
- Your lips and cheeks have lost volume.
- Your nose has minor deformities like nasal humps (nose surgery might be an option for you).
- You have receding chin.
- You are physically and mentally healthy.
- You are not a smoker.
- You have realistic expectations from the outcome of the treatment.
Injectable Fillers Recovery
Dermal fillers do not require downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. You may experience following symptoms during your recovery.
- Over-filled appearance of treated area
- Slight pain
- Mild swelling and bruising
- Numbness and redness on the treated area
All the above given side effects are temporary and subside quickly with use of icepacks. You must also avoid excessive sun exposure for few weeks after treatment.
Injectable Fillers Results
Injectable Fillers Types
There are several different types of injectable fillers. The difference lies in their chemical make-up, softness and longevity. Your surgeon will determine which type is best suitable for you. There different types include:
- Temporary dermal fillers: Temporary fillers are those fillers that are absorbed by the body in few months. The benefit of this type of fillers is that if you are not satisfied with the results, you will have to wait only for few months for the effects to go away. You will need to have repeated treatments to maintain the results.
- Semi-permanent or permanent dermal fillers: This type of fillers last longer because they are either not completely absorbed by the body (permanent) or very little amount is absorbed (semi-permanent).
- Collagen based fillers: Collagen based fillers are the most frequently used type of fillers. It is further divided into two types – human-derived collagen and bovine-derived collagen fillers. Collagen is naturally occurring protein found in the body that supports skin, bones, joints and ligaments. Bovine-derived collagen is extracted from tissues of cows whereas human-derived collagen is harvested from human skin removed during surgeries. They are biocompatible and therefore usually do not require pre-treatment allergic test.
- Hyaluronic acid based fillers: Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the body that plays the role of moisturizer and supports and lubricates the skin by binding water. Hyaluronic acid based fillers mimic the effects of natural hyaluronic acid and replenish your body’s natural hyaluronic acid.
- Fat injections: Fat injections are also considered the type of injectable fillers. Most of the patients prefer fat injections on off-the-shelf dermal fillers but they require comparatively more extensive procedure. This procedure involves extracting fat from areas of your body having denser fat like abdomen, buttocks and thighs through liposuction. The extracted fat is then processed and purified fat is injected in the treatment areas. Fat injection is minor surgical procedure.
Injectable Fillers Procedure
Dermal fillers procedure is very simple and short but technical. The treatment may take 15 minutes or up to an hour depending on the number of treatment areas. It includes the following steps:
- The first step of the procedure is facial evaluation. The surgeon will examine your face and will mark the injection sites.
- Then the treatment areas will be cleansed using anti-bacterial agent.
- Then the treatment area will be numbed using numbing cream or local anesthesia. The discomfort caused by injectable fillers is mostly bearable and patients do not require application of numbing cream.
- Small amounts of filler are injected in the marked sites.
- After injecting filler, the treatment area is slightly massaged and any markings are cleansed off.
Fill in the form to get Free Consultation