There is hardly anyone who does not have a scar on some part of his/her body. As long as these scars are hidden well beneath your clothing there is nothing to worry about. However, if they are quite inconspicuous and are present somewhere on your face, hands, forearms and feet, they can be embarrassing if not annoying for most people.
If you have some unwanted and stubborn scars on your face, facial scar revision in Dubai is a procedure that can help you get rid of them. It involves removing the entire scar through surgery and rejoining the skin.
Table of Contents
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 Are you a Candidate?
- 3 Scar Revision Goals
- 4 Other Treatment Options
- 5 Techniques Used
- 6 Pre-op Preparation
- 7 Procedure
- 8 Our Surgeons
- 9 Benefits
- 10 Recovery
- 11 Post-op Care
- 12 Results
- 13 How much does Facial Scar Revision cost?
- 14 Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very High Success Rate
Are you a Candidate?
Facial scar removal surgery in Dubai is helpful for any person suffering from visible facial scarring independent of age and skin type. You may be an excellent candidate for scar removal surgery if you have:
- Visible scarring on your face caused by accident, burns or any other trauma.
- Aesthetic and functional concerns regarding facial scarring.
- Realistic expectations from the surgery. Keep in mind that there is no way to erase or remove scars completely, but they can be made less prominent with surgery.
- Good overall health.
Scar Revision Goals
The goals of facial scar revision surgery are:
- Disguise, minimize or relocate the prominence of scars.
- Improve the aesthetic appearance of your face by making the scars less visible.
- Correct the functionality of eyes, nose and mouth affected by scarring.
Other Treatment Options
There are various kinds of scars and the choice of revision should be made after consultation. However, various options are available for making the scars less visible. Multiple treatments can be combined to get satisfactory results. The options other than surgery include:
- Steroids – Keloid or hypertrophic scars are usually treated with steroid injections at first. However, if this option does not work, they are removed surgically.
- Dermabrasion – This option is suitable for rough and elevated scars as it involves abrasion.
- Laser treatment – It is suitable for the treatment of less visible scars and stimulates the production of collagen. It also improves the formation of new skin cells.
Facial scar revision in Dubai or surgical scar revision is the only most suitable option for the removal of severe and visible scars. This procedure can be performed using various techniques including:
- Excision: This technique involves removing the scar and rejoining the skin with stitches resulting in a less visible scar.
- Z-plasty: It involves redirecting a scar into an improved alignment with natural skin folds that have the minimum skin tension. Many contracted scars can be treated with this technique.
- Skin flap: In case of contracture scars, scar tissue is removed completely and skin flaps from healthy un-scarred parts are moved to the scarred area to form a new incision line.
- Skin graft: This technique is used when a flap is not possible. It involves taking a section of skin tissue and attaching it to the treatment area. This technique requires time for the new soft tissues and blood vessels to form.
During the pre-op visit, your plastic surgeon will examine your scar in order to decide which technique is best for you. He will also provide you with some pre-op instructions. Some common instructions are:
- Discontinue using herbal supplements.
- Make adjustments to current medications and follow prescriptions.
The duration and extent of surgery depend on the severity of scarring and the technique selected. Following are the steps of facial scar removal in Dubai:
- Anesthesia is administered. It can be either local anesthesia or general anesthesia depending on the severity of the scar.
- Then specific technique amongst excision, Z-plasty, skin flap and skin graft is used to minimize the appearance of the scar.
- Finally, incisions are stitched closed.
Facial scar revision in Dubai is an effective option for both aesthetic and functional concerns regarding facial scarring. It has a number of benefits and here are some common ones.
- This procedure corrects facial flaws and improves the aesthetic appearance.
- It restores the functionality and mobility of affected features.
- It boosts your confidence and self-esteem.
Though the recovery period varies depending on the technique and severity of scarring, there are many things that are common regarding recovery.
- Just after the surgery, the wound will be covered by dressing or ointment to keep the wound moist.
- You can expect some discomfort after surgery.
- Some swelling and bruising may persist for a comparatively longer period of time.
- Your sutures will be removed within 5 to 7 days after surgery.
- You will be able to return to your work in about a week but complete healing will require several months.
Our plastic surgeon will provide you a customized list of post-surgical instructions but here are some common tips that you will need to follow after surgery.
- Use cold compresses to minimize swelling and bruising.
- Keep your head elevated while lying down.
- Decrease your physical activities and avoid any strenuous tasks after surgery.
- Avoid putting pressure on the incision sites.
- Follow the prescriptions and don’t take any medication without consulting with the doctor.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least six months after surgery.
Facial scar revision treatment does not give dramatic results but it can greatly improve the aesthetic appearance of your face by making scars less visible. The results of the procedure are permanent.
How much does Facial Scar Revision cost?
The cost of facial scar removal in Dubai varies depending on some factors like the size of the scar, the area of treatment, the surgeon’s expertise, the complexity of the procedure, and the location of the clinic. The average starting price for a small area is AED 1500 but for a large area, the cost starts from AED 5,000.
If you are looking to get facial scar removal, visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic® today. We provide the best facial scar removal in Dubai with a free initial consultation. Book your appointment by filling in the form below and learn more about the treatment.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest