Skin tags are small, soft, benign skin growths that extend out from different areas of the body. They are usually painless and carry no health hazards.
- 1. *Facts You Must Know
- 2. Skin Tag Removal Candidates
- 3. Skin Tag Removal Goals
- 4. Skin Tag Removal Techniques
- 5. Pre-op Preparation
- 6. Complications
- 7. Skin Tag Removal Treatment Procedure
- 8. Our Surgeons
- 9. Skin Tag Removal Benefits
- 10. Skin Tag Removal Treatment Recovery
- 11. Post-op Care
- 12. Skin Tag Removal Treatment Results
- 13. Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
However, often, a tag emerges in a place where it can rub against clothes and jewelry, causing a lot of irritation and discomfort. In that case, many people opt to get the tag removed. Particularly, if the skin tag is found on a visible area of the body, such as the face or neck, it can be a source of embarrassment, and most people prefer to undergo a Skin Tag Removal in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah to have the tag removed.
Here’s all you need to know about the skin tag removal treatment.
Skin Tag Removal Candidates
You can be a good candidate for a Skin Tag Removal treatment if:
- You have one or more skin tags on your body.
- You don’t like the look of the skin tag on your body.
- Your skin tag is causing you irritation or physical discomfort.
- You are in good overall health.
Skin Tag Removal Goals
The aim of Skin Tag Removal in Dubai is essentially to give you a smooth and bump-free skin by:
- Removing any skin tags through excision, freezing, or burning.
- Reducing skin irritation associated with skin tags.
- Making sure that once removed, the skin tags leave behind no scars.
Skin Tag Removal Techniques
Most skin tags don’t require any treatment because they’re harmless. They do not cause any pain or discomfort unless rubbed frequently or twisted. However, they may not look good on the skin and which is why many people want to remove them.
Skin tag removal in Dubai can be done through several techniques, including the following.
- Excision – This is a surgical procedure that involves using a scalpel to cut the skin tag entirely. The surgeon first numbs the skin by applying a cream and then cuts the tag away from the base of the skin. This procedure is usually quick and painless.
- Cryotherapy (Freezing) – This is a very quick treatment during which a medical professional applies a special solution (usually argon gas or liquid nitrogen) onto the skin tag, either through a spray device, injection, or a cotton swab. This causes ice crystals to form within the skin tag, breaking up the skin tag tissue cells and causing no damage to the surrounding skin cells. The skin tag usually vanishes, leaving behind no trail of scarring.
- Cauterization – Burning off is another common method to remove skin tags. It involves using a small probe to apply a heat source directly on to the skin tag. The heat burns off the tag and causes it to come off quickly.
- Ligation – In this method, the surgeon applies a small band to the base of the skin tag. This cuts off blood supply to the upper part of the tag and causes it to fall off on its own. This process can take up to a few days and maybe slightly painful.
All of these techniques may hurt a little, but your surgeon will use an anesthetic to numb the area before treating the skin tag. If there is any bleeding, your surgeon may apply medicine to stop the bleeding. In the end, the wound is bandaged and left to heal.
Skin Tag Removal in Dubai is a fairly easy one, but there are still some pre-op arrangements that you need to make to ensure that your treatment goes smoothly and that it achieves the outcomes you have already outlined.
During the initial consultations, a plastic surgeon will review your medical history, discuss the options that are available to you, and will explain to you the entire procedure step by step. He will also provide you a list of instructions that you’ll be required to follow. Some of the general instructions involved are:
- Getting the required lab tests done and sharing the reports with your surgeon.
- Quitting smoking and alcohol for a couple of days because they can affect the healing process.
- Taking the prescribed medications regularly.
- Avoiding aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs that can result in blood thinning.
- Eating healthy foods and being careful with your diet.
Following is a list of possible complications that you might experience after getting skin tag removal in Dubai. You may discuss them with your doctor before the procedure.
- Allergic reaction
- Reaction to anesthesia
- Prolonged swelling
Skin Tag Removal Treatment Procedure
A Skin Tag Removal treatment is usually performed at a surgeon’s clinic, and it usually takes less than an hour to perform, depending on the number of skin tags you have. The procedure usually flows like this:
- Your surgeon will first apply local anesthesia to where the skin tag is found to eliminate any pain and discomfort during the procedure.
- If you are undergoing a surgical excision, then your surgeon will use a scalpel to cut the tag from the base. For cauterization, the technique varies slightly as the surgeon uses a heat source to burn the skin tag.
- Once the tag has been removed through whatever technique was employed, your surgeon will place stitches on the wound and let it heal.
- Sometimes the skin tag may not be completely removed, which may require repeating this procedure.
Skin Tag Removal Benefits
The best Skin Tag Removal treatment in Dubai can benefit you in many ways, including:
- It removes the visible skin tags and makes the skin smoother.
- It helps eliminate skin irritation, which usually occurs when skin tags rub against clothing or jewelry.
- If the skin tag is found in the area where you shave, you’ll have a better shaving experience.
- The treatment will boost your self-esteem and confidence brought about by your improved looks.
Skin Tag Removal Treatment Recovery
Recovery from a Skin Tag Removal treatment is usually speedy. If the tag is small, you can resume your routine activities within hours of the treatment. However, for larger skin tags, the recovery period may be slightly longer.
You may experience the following conditions throughout your recovery period:
- Slight discomfort or pain, which, however, will get better with medications.
- Some bruising and redness, which will slowly fade over time.
- Small scars may develop, but they wouldn’t last long.
Your surgeon will provide you a thorough list of instructions on how to take care of yourself after skin tag removal in Dubai, but here are some common ones you’ll need to follow:
- Taking prescribed medications to relieve pain and discomfort.
- Limiting your physical activities during the first week of recovery and avoiding vigorous activities and exercises for the recommended period of time.
- Taking care of the sites of the incision.
- Noting the progress of healing and keeping an eye for any signs of infection. Report immediately to your doctor if you notice something unusual other than what your doctor has warned you against.
Skin Tag Removal Treatment Results
The results of Skin Tag Removal in Dubai are usually permanent. Once removed, a tag is very less likely to emerge in the same spot again.
If you are planning to undergo treatment for skin tag removal in Dubai then you’ll be happy to know that we’re offering free consultations to all our patients. You need to fill out the form below, and one of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. We will be more than happy to arrange a free consultation session for you with one of our highly trained and qualified surgeons in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah. You can then discuss anything that is on your mind—without any follow-up obligations.
Stop waiting and book your free consultation NOW!
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest