Skin tags are small, soft, benign skin growths that extend out from different areas of the body. They are usually painless and carry no health hazards. But, often, a tag emerges at a place where it can rub against clothes and jewelry, causing a lot of irritation and discomfort. Moreover, if the skin tag is found on a visible area of the body, such as the face or neck, it can be a source of embarrassment. Therefore, many people prefer to undergo Skin Tag Removal in Dubai.
Here’s all you need to know about the skin tag removal treatment.
Table of Contents
Are You a Candidate?
You can be a good candidate for skin tag removal treatment if you:
- Have one or more skin tags on your body.
- Don’t like the look of the skin tag on your body.
- Are experiencing irritation or physical discomfort.
- Have overall good health.
Skin Tag Removal Goals
The aim of skin tag removal Dubai is to give you smooth and bump-free skin by:
- Removing any skin tags through excision, freezing, or burning.
- Reducing skin irritation associated with skin tags.
- Making sure that once removed, the skin tags leave no scars behind.
Skin Tag Removal Techniques
Most skin tags don’t require any treatment because they’re harmless. They do not cause any pain or discomfort unless rubbed frequently or twisted. However, they may not look good on the skin and which is why many people want to remove them.
Skin tag removal in Dubai can be done through several techniques, including the following.
- Excision – It is a surgical procedure that involves using a scalpel to cut the skin tag entirely. The surgeon first numbs the skin by applying a cream then cuts the tag away from the base of the skin. This procedure is usually quick and painless.
- Cryotherapy (Freezing) – It is a very quick treatment during which a medical professional applies a special solution (usually argon gas or liquid nitrogen) to the skin tag, either through a spray device, injection, or a cotton swab. This causes ice crystals to form within the skin tag, breaking up the tissue cells and causing no damage to the surrounding skin cells. The skin tag usually vanishes, leaving behind no trail of scarring.
- Cauterization – Burning off is another common method to remove skin tags. It involves using a small probe to apply a heat source directly onto the skin tag. The heat burns off the tag and causes it to come off quickly.
- Ligation – In this method, the surgeon places a small band at the base of the skin tag. This cuts off the blood supply to the upper part of the tag causing it to fall off on its own. This process can take up a few days and might be slightly painful.
All of these techniques may hurt a little, but your surgeon will use an anesthetic to numb the area before treating the skin tag. If there is any bleeding, your surgeon may apply medicine to stop the bleeding. In the end, the wound is bandaged and left to heal.
Skin Tag Removal Dubai is a fairly easy skincare treatment. But still, there are some pre-op arrangements that you need to make to ensure that your treatment goes smoothly and achieves the outcomes that you have already outlined. Some of the general instructions involved are:
- Get the required lab tests done and share the reports with your surgeon.
- Take the prescribed medications regularly.
- Avoid aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs that can result in blood thinning.
- Eat healthy foods and be careful with your diet.
A skin tag Removal treatment is usually performed at a surgeon’s clinic. It usually takes less than an hour to perform the procedure, depending on the number of skin tags you have. The procedure usually flows like this:
- Your surgeon will first apply local anesthesia where the skin tag is found to eliminate any pain and discomfort during the procedure.
- If you are undergoing a surgical excision, your surgeon will use a scalpel to cut the tag from the base. For cauterization, the technique varies slightly as the surgeon uses a heat source to burn the skin tag.
- Once the tag has been removed through whatever technique was employed, your surgeon will stitch the wound and it will be left to heal.
- Sometimes the skin tag may not be completely removed, which requires repeating this procedure.
The machine used for skin tag removal is known as SmartXide.
The skin tag removal treatment in Dubai can benefit you in numerous ways which include the following;
- It removes the visible skin tags and makes the skin smoother.
- It helps eliminate skin irritation, which usually occurs when skin tags rub against clothing or jewelry.
- If the skin tag was found in the area where you shave, you’ll have a better shaving experience after the skin tag removal.
- The treatment will boost your self-esteem and confidence.
Recovery from a Skin Tag Removal treatment is usually speedy. If the tag is small, you can resume your routine activities within hours after the treatment. However, for larger skin tags, the recovery period may be slightly longer. You may experience the following conditions throughout your recovery period:
- Slight discomfort or pain but it will improve with medications.
- Some bruising and redness that slowly fades over time.
- Small scars may develop, but they will not last long.
Your surgeon will provide you a thorough list of instructions on how to take care of yourself after skin tag removal Dubai. But here are some common ones that you’ll need to follow:
- Take prescribed medications to relieve pain and discomfort.
- Limit your physical activities during the first week of recovery and avoid vigorous activities and exercises for the recommended period of time.
- Take care of the incision sites.
- Note the progress of healing and keep an eye for any signs of infection. Report immediately to your doctor if you notice something unusual other than what your doctor has warned you against.
The results of skin tag removal treatment are usually permanent. Once removed, a tag is very less likely to emerge at the same spot again.
Schedule A Consultation
If you are planning to undergo treatment for skin tag removal in Dubai, you’ll be happy to know that we’re offering consultations to all our patients. You need to fill out the form below, and one of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. We will be more than happy to arrange a consultation session for you with one of our highly trained and qualified skincare experts. You can discuss anything that is on your mind—without any follow-up obligations.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest