A neck lift, or lower rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic surgical procedure designed to reduce the impact of aging on the neck and jawline. This procedure involves removing, tightening, and repositioning the skin and underlying fat in the neck area. The purpose is usually to reduce skin sagginess on the neck and improve the appearance of the jowls, creating a more youthful and angular jawline.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Are The Benefits Of A Neck Lift?
- 2 Ideal Candidate
- 3 How to Prepare For a Neck Lift?
- 4 How is a Neck Lift Performed?
- 5 Post-Op Care
- 6 Recovery and Results
- 7 The Cost of a Neck Lift
- 8 Is the neck lift surgery procedure painful?
- 9 How long do the results of a neck lift last?
- 10 Neck Lift & Tightening Surgery FAQs
- 10.1 What kind of anesthesia is used to perform the procedure?
- 10.2 What are the different types of a neck lift?
- 10.3 How long is the procedure?
- 10.4 Should I expect scars after the procedure?
- 10.5 How long do the results last?
- 10.6 How much does a neck lift surgery cost?
- 10.7 Who is a good candidate for a neck lift?
- 11 Our Surgeons
- 12 Book a Consultation
What Are The Benefits Of A Neck Lift?
A neck lift delivers the following benefits:
- It provides long-lasting results.
- The results are more dramatic and longer-lasting than non-surgical procedures for neck rejuvenation.
- It may lead to a smoother recovery, given that you adhere to a healthy and active lifestyle.
- It can be combined with other facial rejuvenation treatments for a more comprehensive effect.
A good candidate for a neck lift is someone:
- Who is overall healthy with no severe medical conditions that compromise healing
- Who doesn’t smoke or is willing to stop smoking at least six weeks before and after the procedure
- Who has realistic expectations of the treatment and its results
In addition, you can be a good candidate for a neck lift if the appearance of your neck is affected by unattractive fullness. This treatment can also fix issues like a turkey neck, deep creases, and wrinkles on the neck.
How to Prepare For a Neck Lift?
To help you prepare for a neck lift, your doctor may ask you to:
- Get medically evaluated with lab tests and other diagnostic procedures.
- Take certain medications.
- Stop smoking.
- Stop taking blood-thinning medications, like aspirin and ibuprofen, and herbal supplements.
How is a Neck Lift Performed?
A neck lift is usually performed under general anesthesia. However, the doctor may sometimes choose local anesthesia with sedation instead, typically based on the extent of the procedure and the patient’s preference. The procedure involves incisions in the neck or under the chin and sometimes in front of the ear.
Neck lifts are performed through various methods. The main treatment techniques are as follows.
Cervicoplasty involves removing the excess skin and fat in the neck and chin area. This procedure is performed through incisions under the chin and behind the ears. After making the incisions, the surgeon removes the excess tissues and tightens the skin, addressing issues like skin laxity, jowls, and a double chin. Cervicoplasty is usually recommended for individuals with a neck appearance affected by extreme weight loss.
Platismaplasty primarily involves tightening the platysma muscle, a thin sheet of muscle tissues that goes from the collarbones to the lower face. During this procedure, the surgeon makes an incision near the sideburns and around the ear. This incision allows fat removal, tissue repositioning, and tightening of the platysma muscle. Sometimes, the excess skin is also removed to reduce laxity. This treatment effectively reduces the appearance of a turkey wattle and, in some cases, a double chin.
Liposuction can help improve the neck appearance by removing excess fat around the jawline and under the chin. During this procedure, a surgeon makes a small incision, typically in the neck skin, and inserts a cannula to break up excess fat manually. The fat is then removed through suction. This treatment is ideal for individuals with a double chin due to excess fat under the chin.
Sometimes, the surgeon may combine two or all of these techniques when drastic changes are required.
Practicing good post-op care helps ensure smoother recovery and desirable outcomes of the neck lift. Your surgeon may give you the following instructions to adhere to:
- Get plenty of rest for the period specified by your surgeon.
- Keep the incision area clean and disinfected.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Take medications only prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Start walking as soon as you can to help reduce swelling.
- Take off from work for about two weeks.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities for 3-4 weeks.
Recovery and Results
After a neck lift, you will likely experience some bruising, swelling, and pain, all of which subside in 2-4 weeks. The amount of pain and swelling can vary from person to person. The results are usually visible a few weeks after the procedure, even with some residual swelling.
While most swelling subsides within two to four weeks after surgery, it may take up to three months to go away completely. This is when the new contours of the neck become more noticeable.
The Cost of a Neck Lift
The cost of a neck lift in Dubai starts from around 25,000 AED. The final price of this treatment can vary from person to person, depending on the following factors:
- The complexity of the problem
- The technique chosen
- Anesthesia cost
- The surgeon’s expertise
- The location and reputation of the clinic or treatment facility
Is the neck lift surgery procedure painful?
A neck lift usually involves small incisions and doesn’t cause much pain. However, you may experience some discomfort due to the tightness and soreness in the treated region. That said, some people may experience more than normal pain. If this is the case with you, contact your surgeon to rule out the risk of severe complications.
How long do the results of a neck lift last?
A neck lift can take years of aging effects off your face and neck but doesn’t stop the aging process entirely. The results of a neck lift can last several years, with some lasting up to 15 years or more, allowing you to look significantly younger than your actual age.
Neck Lift & Tightening Surgery FAQs
What kind of anesthesia is used to perform the procedure?
Local or general anesthesia can be used to perform the procedure depending on your requirements. The main purpose is to keep you calm and safe during the procedure.
What are the different types of a neck lift?
What are the different types of a neck lift?
How long is the procedure?
The time duration for the procedure depends on the technique being used. A neck lift procedure may take an hour to complete. Our surgeon will brief you regarding the time required in the initial consultation.
Should I expect scars after the procedure?
You will not get intense scars if your surgeon is experienced enough. However, minor scars may occur that will fade over time. Usually, 2 to 3 weeks are required to recover from this procedure.
How long do the results last?
The results of neck lift can last for about 10-15 years. The duration may vary from person to person. Furthermore, it depends on how well you take care of yourself after the procedure.
How much does a neck lift surgery cost?
The cost of neck lift surgery depends on different aspects, such as expenses of anesthesia, surgeon’s fee and expected results, etc. You can know the exact cost after your examination. The average starting price of Neck lift surgery is AED 25000.
Who is a good candidate for a neck lift?
You can be the right candidate for neck lift surgery if:
Aging or sun has damaged your neck skin.
You have excess fat beneath your chin that gives an appearance of a double chin.
Your neck has loose slack skin that gives an appearance of a turkey wattle neck.
You have excess fat under the jaws and on the neck.
Book a Consultation
Improve your chin and jawline appearance with a neck lift at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic. Our highly experienced plastic surgeons will skillfully improve your facial contours to help you achieve your desired appearance. For details about the procedure, call +971 4 348 5575. To book a consultation online, please fill in the form below.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest