Neck Lift is a procedure that surgically pulls back and tightens the skin on the neck to give it a youthful appearance. It is often performed in combination with a facelift although it can be performed on its own too. A neck lift surgery can eliminate band lines, excess skin, and fat to bring your neck back into shape.
One of the first regions to depict the signs of aging is the neck. Since neck skin is soft, it loses its elasticity sooner than the rest of the body and can make a person appear old, tired and worn out. One of the most popular procedures is neck lift in Dubai that can solve such problems. Visit the Cost page to know the exact cost of the treatment.
- 1. *Facts You Must Know
- 2. Are you a Candidate?
- 3. Neck Lift Goals
- 4. Treatment Options
- 5. Pre-op Preparation
- 6. Neck Lift Procedure
- 7. Our Surgeons
- 8. Neck Lift Benefits
- 9. Neck Lift Recovery
- 10. Complications
- 11. Post-operative Care
- 12. Outcomes
- 13. Neck Lift & Tightening Surgery FAQ’s
- 14. Before and After Results
- 15. Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Are you a Candidate?
You may be the right candidate for neck lift surgery if:
- Aging or sun has damaged your neck skin.
- You have excess fat beneath your chin that gives the appearance of the double chin.
- Your neck has loose slack skin that gives the appearance of turkey wattle neck.
- You have excess fat under the jaws and on the neck.
Neck Lift Goals
Neck lift in Dubai aims at improving the aesthetic appearance of the neck by:
- Eliminating excess skin on the neck.
- Removing or altering neck muscles.
- Improving the contours of chin and refining the jawline.
Neck lift surgery can be performed in a variety of ways depending on the needs of the individual. Three possible neck lift procedures are:
- Liposuction – it is performed to remove excess fat in the neck area.
- Cervicoplasty – the purpose of cervicoplasty is removing excess skin and re-positioning the tissue.
- Platysmaplasty – it removes the unwanted band lines by removing or tightening the neck muscles.
During your pre-op visit, the plastic surgeon will examine you, will evaluate your general health and will give you some instructions regarding preparation for surgery. Some common instructions for the preparation of surgery are:
- Discontinue the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, like aspirin, blood-thinning medications, and herbal supplements as they can increase the risks of bleeding.
- Follow the recommended diet regimen and avoid excessively fatty food.
Neck Lift Procedure
The procedure of neck lift surgery in Dubai is performed on an outpatient basis and the duration varies depending on the technique used. The steps for the procedure are:
- The first step is the administration of general anesthesia.
- After this, incisions will be made. The site and length of the incision will vary depending on the improvement required and the technique used. The sites for making incisions are:
- Beginning in the hairline at the level of side burn, extending down around the ears and ending in the hairs at back.
- Beneath the chin.
- Around the ears only.
- The surgeon will make the required alterations including:
- Removal of excess skin.
- Re-positioning of tissues.
- Removal of excess fat.
- Removal or tightening of muscles.
- Finally, incisions are closed using stitches.
Neck Lift Benefits
There are many benefits associated with the procedure of neck lift surgery. Some of them include:
- It helps you achieve the thinner, younger and more elegant appearance of the neck.
- It is a safe procedure and very few temporary side effects are associated with it.
- Scarring is unnoticeable as incisions are made in inconspicuous sites.
Neck Lift Recovery
For the patients who undergo this surgery, recovery may differ depending on several factors, some of which are unique for every patient. However, there are some post-surgical experiences that are common for nearly everyone.
- You may experience slightly more pain and discomfort during the first few days of recovery.
- Some degree of swelling and bruising is unavoidable and it will take several days to subside completely.
- The dressing applied will be removed after 1 or 2 days.
- Sometimes drainage tubes are also inserted and they will be removed on the first or second day of the surgery.
It is your personal decision to have a neck tightening or neck lift procedure. You can make a decision by considering your goals, potential complications, method of the treatment, recovery time, and other important factors. Have a look at the following risks linked to the procedure!
- Risks associated with anesthesia
- Fluid accumulation
- Facial asymmetry
- Permanent or temporary hair loss on the treated area
- Skin loss
- Skin irregularities
- Nerve injury
- Numbness or changes in sensations
- Poor healing
- Unsatisfactory or bad results that may lead to the revision surgery
- Continuous pain
Suggestion – You have to discuss all risks with your surgeon prior to the procedure. Don’t hesitate to ask your questions.
Our plastic surgeon will give you some post-surgical instructions to follow after surgery. Most of the guidelines for post-surgical care are common for all patients. Some of them are:
- It is impossible to avoid swelling and bruising completely but using cold compresses will help you minimize swelling and discomfort.
- Avoid vigorous activities, bending and lifting heavy objects to reduce discomfort and make recovery fast.
Whenever you talk about the outcomes, the first & foremost thing is to know that accurate & final outcome can be revealed after several weeks or months of the procedure. Hence, you can make these results long-lasting by following a healthy lifestyle & skincare. One important thing is to follow your surgeon’s instructions to get the best possible outcomes for a long time period.
Before and After Results
The results of neck lift Dubai will become visible immediately after the surgery. However, final results may take a few months to become apparent, after the swelling subsides completely. The outcomes will be long lasting. No guarantee is given as the results may vary from person to person.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery offers neck lift treatment in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. If you are looking to undergo this treatment, we can help you set up a free consultation with one of our experts. You just need to fill in the consultation form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest