Though doctors normally recommend botox for wrinkles, different other problems can also be fixed through it. Whether you are experiencing aging signs in the form of visible lines and wrinkles or you are suffering from medical conditions like chronic migraines, blepharospasm, lower back pain and excessive sweating, you can try Botox injections. It is the most popular non-surgical treatment that helps in getting rid of all such problems. It works by freezing and weakening the muscles that cause wrinkles or fine lines to appear. As a result, you get a younger looking skin.
Before & After
The results may vary from person to person because each case is different.
Are you a Candidate?
You may be an ideal candidate for Botox injections in Dubai if:
- You have prominent wrinkles on face, especially on the upper third area of the face.
- You are suffering from a certain medical condition caused by abnormal underlying muscle movement.
- You have realistic expectations from the results of the treatment.
Botox injections are muscle relaxants that aim at:
- Improving the appearance of wrinkles and creases, especially crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead lines, that are caused by the constant movement of underlying muscles.
- Treating certain medical conditions like chronic migraines, blepharospasm, lower back pain, and excessive sweating known as hyperhidrosis.
There are many benefits associated with Botox in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Some of them are mentioned below;
- It is a quick, brief, and simple treatment requiring less than half an hour. You can call it a lunchtime treatment.
- It is a non-invasive and non-surgical procedure and does not cause any severe pain and discomfort.
- It does not result in any serious side effects or risks.
- It does not require any downtime, so you will be able to return to your work soon after the treatment.
- It does not involve any cuts or incisions and therefore it will not require any time for wound healing.
- It gives immediate results.
Which Conditions can be Treated?
Botox injections in Dubai are effective for curing a variety of conditions including:
- Lines and wrinkles – the prominent creases on the facial skin, especially crow’s feet, forehead lines, and frown lines, caused by the constant movement of facial muscles.
- Chronic migraines – migraine aches that are very frequent occurring more than fifteen days a month.
- Blepharospasm – abnormal blinking of eyelids caused by abnormal eyelid muscle movement
- Lower back pain – chronic pain in the lower back caused by a severe spasm in the back muscles.
- Hyperhidrosis – excessive sweating in armpits, palms, and soles caused by overactive sweat glands.
How to Prepare for the Treatment?
During your pre-treatment visit, our plastic surgeon will guide you about the requirements of the treatment and what you can expect from it. He will also ask if you have taken any muscle relaxants, allergy medications, sleeping aids or if you have received any type of Botox injections. You do not need to follow any important preparatory steps prior to treatment. However, you will need to stop using blood thinners to reduce the risks of swelling and bruising.
The procedure is very simple and easy and is the same for every condition. The difference lies in the treatment area and the amount of drug to be injected. The steps for the treatment are:
- Numbing cream is applied to the treatment area to prevent any pain and discomfort during the treatment. This is optional.
- After that our expert will ask you to contract facial muscles in order to determine the sites for injecting Botox. The professional will then mark the sites. Same process is used for all other body areas too.
- Finally, he will inject small quantities of Botox in those sites with the help of extremely small needles.
You do not need to take time off for Botox treatment and its recovery. But the effects of the treatment will take a few days to subside completely. Just after the treatment, you may feel tightness in the skin but it will be temporary. The bruising will also subside completely in a couple of hours.
It is totally safe to get Botox injections. However, a few side-effects may occur which include;
Some of the risks are linked to the area where you get these injections. For example, if you get injections near the eyes, you may get;
- Dry eyes
- Uneven eyebrows
- Excessive tearing
- Drooping eyelids
If you get injections around your mouth, then you may experience drooling or crooked smile.
Our expert will give you some simple instructions for post-treatment care and following these instructions will help you relieve side-effects more quickly. These instructions include:
- Apply cold compresses or ice packs to get rid of swelling and bruising.
- Do not rub or massage and avoid any pressure on the treated area.
- Do not lay down for a couple of hours after treatment and avoid vigorous activities for a day.
- Avoid excess sun exposure and do not forget to apply sunscreen before going in the sun.
- Avoid blood-thinning medications for a day.
Our board-certified surgeons Dr. Gabriel Fernando Bonesana and Dr. Faisal Salim at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic are the best doctors for Botox treatment.
Botulinum toxin injections begin working a few days after the treatment and you will see the final outcomes in 5-7 days. The results are temporary and depending on the condition treated and its severity, they may last for 3 to 6 months.
Botox Injections Cost in Dubai
The cost of botox injections depends on variable factors like the severity of the problem, your skin condition and the expertise of the surgeon. Therefore, it varies from individual to individual. However, on average botox injections cost approximately AED 1500.
For more information about cost, please visit the Botox cost page or consult with our surgeons.
If you want to know more about Botox injections in Dubai, fill in the form given below to schedule a consultation with our expert cosmetic surgeon. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®, we provide free consultation to our patients who are interested in Botox treatment. So, book your appointment now.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest