The doctors normally recommend Botox for wrinkles, but it can treat several other problems as well. Whether you are experiencing aging signs in the form of visible lines and wrinkles or you are suffering from medical conditions like chronic migraines, blepharospasm, lower back pain, and excessive sweating, you can try Botox injections. It is the most popular non-surgical treatment that helps in getting rid of all such problems. Botox works by freezing and weakening the muscles that cause wrinkles or fine lines to appear. As a result, you get younger-looking skin.
Table of Contents
Before & After
The results may vary from person to person because each case is different.
Are you a Candidate?
You may be an ideal candidate for Botox injections in Dubai if you:
- Have prominent wrinkles on the face, especially on the upper third area of the face.
- Are suffering from a certain medical condition caused by abnormal underlying muscle movement.
- Have realistic expectations from the results of the treatment.
Botox injections are muscle relaxants that aim to:
- Improve the appearance of wrinkles and creases, especially crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead lines.
- Treat certain medical conditions like chronic migraines, blepharospasm, lower back pain, and excessive sweating known as hyperhidrosis.
There are many benefits associated with Botox in Dubai. Some of them are mentioned below;
- A quick, brief, and simple treatment that requires less than half an hour. You can call it a lunchtime treatment.
- A non-invasive and non-surgical procedure that does not cause severe pain or discomfort.
- There are serious side-effects or risks.
- No downtime is required, so you will be able to return to your work soon after the treatment.
- It does not involve any cuts or incisions. Therefore, no time is required for wound healing.
- It offers immediate results.
Which Conditions Can be Treated?
Botox injection Dubai is effective for curing a variety of conditions including:
- Lines and wrinkles – the prominent creases on the facial skin, especially crow’s feet, forehead lines, and frown lines, caused by the constant movement of facial muscles.
- Chronic migraines – migraine aches that are very frequent occurring more than fifteen days a month.
- Blepharospasm – abnormal blinking of eyelids caused by abnormal eyelid muscle movement
- Lower back pain – chronic pain in the lower back caused by a severe spasm in the back muscles.
- Hyperhidrosis – excessive sweating in armpits, palms, and soles caused by overactive sweat glands.
How to Prepare for the Treatment?
During your pre-treatment visit, our plastic surgeon will guide you about the requirements of the treatment and what you can expect from it. He will also ask if you have taken any muscle relaxants, allergy medications, sleeping aids or if you have received any type of Botox injections before. You do not need to follow any important preparatory steps prior to treatment. However, you will need to stop using blood thinners to reduce the risks of swelling and bruising.
The procedure is very simple, easy and the same for every condition. The difference lies in the treatment area and the amount of drug to be injected. The steps for Botox treatment are:
- Numbing cream is applied to the treatment area to prevent any pain and discomfort during the treatment. This step is optional.
- After that our expert will ask you to contract facial muscles in order to determine and mark the sites for Botox injections. The same process is used for all other body areas too.
- Finally, the expert will inject small quantities of Botox into the marked sites with the help of extremely small needles.
There is no extensive recovery period for Botox Dubai. But the effects of the treatment will take a few days to subside completely. Just after the treatment, you may feel tightness in the skin but it will be temporary. The bruising will also subside completely in a couple of hours. You can return to your normal day-to-day activities immediately after the treatment. For lip injections, it might take about 14 days to fully recover.
Our expert will give you some simple instructions for post-treatment care and following these instructions will help you relieve side-effects more quickly. These instructions include:
- Apply cold compresses or ice packs to get rid of swelling and bruising.
- Do not rub or massage the treatment area and avoid any pressure on the treated area.
- Do not lay down for a couple of hours after treatment and avoid vigorous activities for a day.
- Avoid excess sun exposure and do not forget to apply sunscreen before going in the sun.
- Avoid blood-thinning medications for a day.
Botulinum toxin injections begin working a few days after the treatment and you will see the final outcomes in 5-7 days. The results are temporary and depending on the condition treated and its severity, they may last for 3 to 6 months.
Botox Injection Price in Dubai
The cost of botox injections depends on variable factors like the severity of the problem, your skin condition, the number of units required and the expertise of the surgeon. Therefore, it varies from individual to individual. However, the average starting cost of Botox injections is AED 42 per unit.
For more information about cost, please visit the Botox cost page or consult with our surgeons.
Schedule A Consultation
If you want to get the best Botox injection in Dubai, fill in the form given below to schedule a consultation with our expert cosmetic surgeon. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®, we provide an initial consultation to our patients who are interested in Botox treatment. So, book your appointment now.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest