Botox is one of the cosmetic treatments whose popularity has increased significantly since its inception in 2002. It is a widely used injectable for removing wrinkles and other aging signs from your skin. The FDA has approved Botox for both medical and aesthetic reasons. It works by freezing and weakening the muscles that cause wrinkles or fine lines to appear. As a result, you get younger-looking skin. The doctors usually recommend Botox for wrinkles, but it can treat several other problems as well.
Table of Contents
- 1 Are You a Candidate?
- 2 What are the Uses of Botox?
- 3 Procedure
- 4 Recovery
- 5 Results
- 6 Before & After
- 7 Benefits
- 8 Types of Botox Available
- 9 Botox Injections Cost in Dubai
- 10 Our Doctors
- 11 Botox Injections FAQs
- 12 Schedule A Consultation
Are You a Candidate?
You may be an ideal candidate for Botox injections in Dubai if you:
- Have prominent wrinkles on the face, especially on the upper third area of the face.
- Are suffering from a specific medical condition caused by abnormal underlying muscle movement.
- Have realistic expectations of the treatment.
What are the Uses of Botox?
Botox is used to correct the following cosmetic conditions;
- Frown lines, crow’s feet, forehead furrows
- Bunny lines
- Lip lines
- Chin dimpling
- Gummy smile
- Square jawline
Some of the significant medical uses of Botox include treating;
- Chronic migraine
- Overactive bladder
- Lower back pain
The procedure is very simple, easy, and the same for every condition. The difference lies in the treatment area and the amount of drug to be injected. The steps for Botox treatment are:
- Numbing cream may be applied to the treatment area to minimize pain and discomfort during the procedure, though this step is not always necessary.
- After that, our expert will ask you to contract facial muscles to determine and mark the sites for Botox injections. The procedure may vary slightly depending on the body area being treated.
- Finally, the expert will inject small quantities of Botox into the marked sites with the help of tiny needles.
The recovery period for Botox treatments is typically short, with minimal downtime. But the effects of the treatment will take a few days to subside completely. Just after the treatment, you may feel tightness and swelling in the skin, but it will be temporary. Bruising, if it occurs, may take a few days to subside completely. You can return to your normal day-to-day activities immediately after the treatment.
The full effect of Botox injections typically becomes visible within 5-7 days. The results are temporary, and the duration of Botox results can vary, typically lasting 3 to 6 months, depending on the treated condition and individual factors.
Before & After
The results may vary from person to person because each case is different.
There are many benefits associated with Botox in Dubai. Some of them are mentioned below;
- A quick, brief, and simple treatment that requires less than half an hour. You can call it a lunchtime treatment.
- A non-invasive and non-surgical procedure that does not cause severe pain or discomfort.
- There are serious side effects or risks.
- No downtime is required, so you will be able to return to your work soon after the treatment.
- It does not involve any cuts or incisions. Therefore, no time is required for wound healing.
- It offers results that become apparent within a short period after treatment.
Types of Botox Available
Botulinum toxin Type A (Nabota) and onabotulinumtoxinA (Allergan Botox) are the two types of Botox available at our clinic. Nabota, a type of botulinum toxin, is used for treating conditions like hyperhidrosis, blepharospasm, urinary incontinence, and chronic migraine. On the other hand, Allergan Botox is used to remove forehead lines, frown lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet lines around the eyes and between the eyebrows.
Botox Injections Cost in Dubai
The cost of Botox injections depends on variable factors like the severity of the problem, your skin condition, the number of units required, and the surgeon’s expertise. Therefore, it varies from individual to individual. However, The cost of Botox injections can vary, starting from around AED 42 per unit, depending on various factors.
For more information about cost, please visit the Botox cost page or consult with our surgeons.
Botox Injections FAQs
What is Botox?
Botox is a drug that utilizes botulinum toxin to remove facial wrinkles and fine lines. It works by blocking chemical signals coming from the nerves and preventing muscle contraction. Whether you are experiencing aging signs in the form of visible lines and wrinkles or you are suffering from medical conditions like chronic migraines, blepharospasm, lower back pain, and excessive sweating, you can try Botox injections.
Can a Nurse Administer Botox Under Supervision?
In some regions, a cosmetic nurse may administer Botox, but only under the direct supervision of a qualified medical professional. Also, the nurse should have a certification from the American Association of Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery (AAAMS).
Can Botox be Used Around the Mouth?
Yes, you can use Botox injections to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and smile lines around the mouth.
Is it Advisable to Lie Down Immediately After Botox?
It is recommended not to lie down for at least 4 hours after receiving Botox injections to prevent the possibility of the Botox migrating to unintended areas of the face.
Can I apply makeup immediately after Botox?
You can apply makeup after Botox, but it's advisable to avoid applying pressure or massaging the treated area for at least 24 hours. Use powdered makeup that does not require rubbing.
Is Botox Injection Painful?
No, the Botox injections are not painful. Under topical anesthesia, you feel no pain, and even without a numbing agent, you only feel a slight pinch.
Schedule A Consultation
If you are looking for the best Botox clinic in Dubai, fill in the form below to schedule a consultation with our expert cosmetic surgeon. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we have a team of certified and highly experienced cosmetic surgeons. So, book your appointment now.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest