Large breasts are a sign of attractiveness, youth, and fertility in women. However, it is considered to be an abnormality among men. The majority of men have noticeably large breasts which leads them to mental stress and embarrassment. This condition of over-developed and enlarged breasts among men is known as Gynecomastia that can occur at any age. If you are also suffering from gynecomastia then male breast reduction surgery, also known as Gynecomastia surgery or reduction mammoplasty, is the best option for you.
Male breast reduction is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of excess fat tissues in the chest area. As a result, the size of the enlarged breasts reduces. You need to have an experienced surgeon who specializes in breast surgery if you expect successful results.
Table of Contents
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 What is Gynecomastia Surgery?
- 3 Who is an ideal candidate for Gynecomastia Surgery?
- 4 Why is Gynecomastia surgery done?
- 5 What are the techniques for gynecomastia surgery?
- 6 Our Surgeons
- 7 Benefits
- 8 Gynecomastia Results
- 9 Male Breast Reduction FAQs
- 9.1 How to prepare for gynecomastia surgery?
- 9.2 How is gynecomastia surgery performed?
- 9.3 How to care for the breasts after the surgery?
- 9.4 What is the recovery period and downtime?
- 9.5 Is Gynecomastia permanent?
- 9.6 What Causes Gynecomastia?
- 9.7 Is It Painful?
- 9.8 What is the Gynecomastia surgery cost in Dubai?
- 10 Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
What is Gynecomastia Surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery in Dubai refers to a treatment that rebuilds the breasts of men and restores them to a normal shape, size, and proportion. The surgery is performed under general anesthesia and the patient might need to stay at the hospital for one night.
Who is an ideal candidate for Gynecomastia Surgery?
You can be an ideal candidate for the male breast reduction surgery if:
- Your breasts are large and asymmetrical.
- You are uncomfortable with your breast size and it’s causing you discomfort.
- You have elastic skin.
- You are not obese or overweight.
- You are in good health and not suffering from any serious medical condition.
- You have realistic expectations from the surgery.
Why is Gynecomastia surgery done?
Gynecomastia surgery in Dubai is done to:
- Reduce the size of the breasts.
- Tighten the breasts.
- Improve the symmetry of breasts.
- Enhance the contours of the body.
What are the techniques for gynecomastia surgery?
The purpose of gyno surgery is to reduce the size of male breasts. There are three major techniques to perform male breast reduction in Dubai which include;
- Liposuction – this technique is suitable for men who have excess fat in the chest area and their skin elasticity is good. It involves making a tiny incision along with the areola and inserting a hollow metal cannula through it. This cannula is attached to a suction pump that drains the excess fat out of the body.
- Surgical removal of extra tissues – this technique is suitable for men whose skin elasticity is not good. It involves making an incision at the lower hemisphere of the chest along with the areola and excising the tissues near the breast area. As a result, your chest gets the desired shape.
- A combination of liposuction and surgical excision – this technique involves both the above-mentioned techniques.
Gynecomastia surgery in Dubai has many benefits. Some of them are as follows;
- It makes your chest flat and firm and improves its contours.
- It gives permanent results.
- It boosts your confidence and self-esteem.
The results of male breast reduction are permanent but they will become visible once the swelling subsides completely which can take a few months. You may have some swelling, redness, and soreness in your cuts or wound but with the passage of time, the scars and swelling will fade away. After a few weeks, you will feel awesome changes in your breast shape and size. You will also feel that your self-confidence and body language has improved. But it takes a few months for the final results to appear.
No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Male Breast Reduction FAQs
How to prepare for gynecomastia surgery?
You need to follow some instructions to prepare well for male breast reduction in Dubai. These instructions include:
How is gynecomastia surgery performed?
Gyno surgery in Dubai requires only 1 to 2 hours for completion. It is usually performed on an outpatient basis and involves the following steps;
First of all, general anesthesia is administered.
After that, your surgeon will make small incisions probably around the areola or in the armpits.
Then excess skin and fat tissues will be removed if your surgeon is using the excision technique. However, a cannula will be inserted through the incision if liposuction technique is being used.
Sometimes the procedure also involves repositioning of nipples and reduction in the size of the areola.
Finally, incisions are closed using stitches.
How to care for the breasts after the surgery?
Your surgeon will give you a customized list of post-surgical instructions but some of these instructions are common for nearly every patient. These instructions are as follows:
Take the medications prescribed by your surgeon regularly.
Use cold compresses to reduce discomfort and swelling.
Wear an elastic or compression garment for one to two weeks.
Avoid any strenuous activity or exercise for about three weeks but start light walks as soon as possible.
Avoid any sexual activity for a couple of weeks.
Avoid exposing the incision sites to the sun excessively and apply strong sunblock before going in the sun.
What is the recovery period and downtime?
The gynecomastia surgery recovery varies from patient to patient depending on various factors but there are similarities in all cases. Your recovery period will be like this:
You will feel more discomfort in the first few days of recovery.
Most of the swelling and bruising will subside in a few weeks.
You will be able to walk around your room and home on the day of the surgery.
The stitches will be removed after 1 to 2 weeks.
You will be able to resume your normal routine within a week.
The final results will become apparent after the swelling dissipates completely.
Is Gynecomastia permanent?
Yes, the results of gynecomastia are permanent if the surgery is performed by an expert surgeon. As the surgery includes the removal of male breast glandular tissues so there is no chance of tissue re-growth. Hence, you get years of satisfaction.
What Causes Gynecomastia?
Most of the time there is no specific underlying medical condition. It can happen in an otherwise healthy, normal and young person. Sometimes, there are other causes of gynecomastia, for example, intake of certain medications or hormonal imbalance. Obesity also plays a role in the occurrence of gynecomastia. A thorough evaluation before surgery is important to rule out any underlying problems.
Is It Painful?
There is some pain during the first few days which is easily controlled by appropriate pain medications. Some tenderness may last another few days. Usually, most of the patients feel comfortable in about three days to a week.
What is the Gynecomastia surgery cost in Dubai?
The average starting price of male breast reduction surgery is AED 20,000. The gynecomastia surgery Dubai cost depends on the surgeon's fee, hospital charges, anesthesia fee, and also the geographical location of the clinic. You should consult with an expert surgeon to know about the exact cost.
If you are suffering from Gynecomastia and want to get rid of it, you should go for the latest male breast reduction in Dubai. It will restore your confidence and improve your body shape. For more information regarding the treatment, fill in the form below and set up a free and personalized consultation with one of our best breast surgeons at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest