FUE hair transplant in Dubai & Abu Dhabi is one of the most sought after hair transplantation techniques nowadays, because of its minimally invasive nature. Unlike the traditional strip method of hair transplant, FUE does not cause linear scarring at the donor area, thus making your hair transplant an extremely natural and concealed process. FUE technique uses the process of removing hair follicles directly from the donor site using a specially designed tool and implanting them onto the balding or thinning areas. Visit the Cost Page to know how much this procedure will cost you.
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 FUE Hair Transplant Before & After
- 3 FUE Hair Transplant Candidate
- 4 FUE Hair Transplant Goals
- 5 FUE Techniques
- 6 Pre-op Preparation
- 7 FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
- 8 FUE Recovery
- 9 Post-op Care
- 10 FUE Benefits
- 11 Complications
- 12 Outcomes
- 13 Our Surgeons
- 14 FUE Hair Transplant FAQ’s
- 15 Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
FUE Hair Transplant Before & After
Like any other hair transplantation technique, FUE hair transplant Dubai also gives natural and permanent results. The balding resistant follicles are most likely to stay on your head for the rest of your life. No guarantee is given as the results may vary from person to person.
FUE Hair Transplant Candidate
You are a candidate for Follicular Unit Extraction hair transplant if:
- You have permanent hair thinning, receding hairline, or a bald head.
- You are seeking a minimally invasive hair transplant procedure.
- You have insufficient balding resistant hair on your head.
- You have a tight scalp, inappropriate for strip removal method.
- Your hair loss is not progressing anymore.
FUE Hair Transplant Goals
FUE hair transplant in Dubai aims at giving you:
- A fuller and thicker head of hair.
- An enhanced youthful look.
- Permanent hair in a natural way.
- A scar-free hair transplant with minimum downtime and recovery period.
Follicular Unit Extraction uses two techniques:
- Manual FUE in which the surgeon extracts follicular units manually by using a specially designed punch tool.
- Motorized Automated FUE in which a specially designed automated punch tool is used for faster graft extraction.
The outcome of your hair transplant depends a lot on how well you prepare for the surgery. Here are some tips on how to prepare for the FUE hair transplant:
- Stop consuming blood thinners a couple of weeks before the surgery.
- Aspirin and aspirin-containing pain medications should be avoided 10 to 14 days prior to the transplant.
- Quit smoking at least 2 to 3 weeks before the procedure.
- Say no to alcohol during the last week before the FUE transplant.
- Purchase all the medicines prescribed by your surgeon at least one week before your hair transplant.
FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
Step 1 – The donor area will be shaved to fully expose the hair follicles and for easy extraction of the follicular units. For less than 1,500 grafts, a marine crew cut will also work.
Step 2 – The surgeon will then draw the recipient area according to how you want your hairline to be. This is to assure that the exact areas of the recipient site are covered by transplanted follicular units.
Step 3 – Local anesthesia will be administered to the donor area to make it numb so that you do not feel any pain or discomfort while the follicular units are being extracted.
Step 4 – The surgeon then starts the extraction process. A specially designed punch tool with a diameter less than 1 mm is carefully inserted into the scalp to reach the depth of the roots of the hair follicles. It helps to detach the hair from the scalp along with its roots.
Step 5 – The extracted hair follicles are then trimmed under a stereomicroscope to remove any extra tissues or fat and to obtain grafts of the desired size.
Step 6 – Local anesthesia is again administered, this time in the recipient area. Then the surgeon makes tiny incisions over the entire recipient area.
Step 7 – The surgeon then carefully inserts each graft individually into these tiny incisions to complete the surgery.
Recovery after FUE hair transplant is quick and smooth because of its minimally invasive nature.
- Your scalp will be sore and tender immediately after the transplant.
- A downtime of 36 to 48 hours will be required.
- The recovery period is around 3 to 5 days.
- Most patients resume routine activities on the 3rd day following surgery.
- Complete recovery, however, may take a couple of months.
- Cold compresses can also be used to deal with post-surgical swelling and bruising.
- Start consuming prescription medicines immediately after the transplant.
- Sleep in an upright position, with your head elevated at 45 degrees for the first few nights.
- Do not wash your scalp for 24 to 36 hours after the surgery.
- Do not take any blood thinners or aspirin-containing medicines for the first two weeks following the hair transplant.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption for at least a couple of weeks after the surgery.
- Do not expose your scalp to direct sunlight.
- Scratching or picking at the scab is strictly prohibited.
- Avoid touching your scalp unnecessarily.
- Do not massage your scalp for at least ten days.
FUE hair transplant has some advantages over the traditional strip method transplant which include:
- It is a minimally invasive technique that does not involve cutting and stitching of scalp
- It does not cause a visible linear scar at the donor site.
- Allows extraction of body hair for transplantation – good for people with insufficient donor hair supply.
- Due to its minimally invasive nature, it involves less discomfort and less downtime
- Recovery is also quick and smooth.
This surgical procedure contains a few complications that can be avoided with careful selection of the surgeon. However, you should not be worried in this regard because these complications will occur for a specific time period. They may include;
- Risks related to anesthesia
- Mild pain
- A crust on the scalp
As a result of an FUE hair transplant, you will get beautiful, natural, and shiny hair on your head. After getting this procedure, you don’t have to be worried about hair loss from the treated area. As you will never face it again. Also, no one will be able to identify that you have had a hair transplant procedure. It wouldn’t be wrong if it is said that this procedure is an ultimate solution to your baldness.
If you are looking to undergo a hair transplant, then an FUE hair transplant is the most efficient technique. Fill in the form to book a free consultation with one of our experts. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery offers a FUE hair transplant with specialized staff and advanced techniques. So, book your appointment now.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest