FUE hair transplant is one of the most sought-after hair transplantation techniques nowadays, because of its minimally invasive nature. Unlike the traditional strip method of hair transplant, FUE does not cause linear scarring at the donor area, thus making your hair transplant an extremely natural and concealed process. FUE technique removes the hair follicles directly from the donor site using a specially designed tool and implants them into the balding or thinning areas. Visit the FUE hair transplant cost page to know how much this procedure will cost you.
Table of Contents
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 Before & After
- 3 FUE Hair Transplant Candidate
- 4 FUE Hair Transplant Goals
- 5 FUE Techniques
- 6 Pre-op Preparation
- 7 Procedure
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Post-op Care
- 10 Benefits
- 11 Results
- 12 Our Surgeons
- 13 FUE Hair Transplant FAQs
- 14 Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very High Success Rate
Before & After
Like any other hair transplantation technique, FUE hair transplant Dubai also gives natural and permanent results. The balding-resistant follicles are most likely to stay on your head for the rest of your life. No guarantee is given as the results may vary from person to person.
FUE Hair Transplant Candidate
You are an ideal candidate for FUE hair transplant in Dubai if:
- You have permanent hair thinning, a receding hairline, or a bald head.
- You are seeking a minimally invasive hair transplant procedure.
- You have insufficient balding-resistant hair on your head.
- You have a tight scalp, inappropriate for the strip removal method.
- Your hair loss is not progressing anymore.
FUE Hair Transplant Goals
FUE hair transplant Dubai aims at giving you:
- A fuller and thicker head of hair.
- An enhanced youthful look.
- Permanent hair in a natural way.
- A scar-free hair transplant with minimum downtime and recovery period.
Follicular Unit Extraction uses two techniques:
- Manual FUE in which the surgeon extracts follicular units manually by using a specially designed punch tool.
- Motorized Automated FUE in which a specially designed automated punch tool is used for faster graft extraction.
The outcome of your hair transplant depends on how well you prepare for the surgery. Here are some tips on how to prepare for the FUE hair transplant:
- Stop consuming blood thinners a couple of weeks before the surgery.
- Aspirin and aspirin-containing pain medications should be avoided 10 to 14 days prior to the transplant.
- Purchase all the medicines prescribed by your surgeon at least one week before your hair transplant.
Step 1 – The donor area will be shaved to fully expose the hair follicles and for easy extraction of the follicular units. For less than 1,500 grafts, a marine crew cut will also work.
Step 2 – The surgeon will then draw the recipient area according to the way you want your hairline to be. This is to assure that the exact areas of the recipient site are covered by transplanted follicular units.
Step 3 – Local anesthesia will be administered to the donor area to make it numb so that you do not feel any pain or discomfort while the follicular units are being extracted.
Step 4 – The surgeon then starts the extraction process. A specially designed punch tool with a diameter of less than 1 mm is carefully inserted into the scalp to reach the depth of the roots of the follicles. It helps detach the hair from the scalp along with its roots.
Step 5 – The extracted hair follicles are then trimmed under a stereomicroscope to remove any extra tissues or fat to obtain grafts of the desired size.
Step 6 – Local anesthesia is again administered, this time in the recipient area. Then the surgeon makes tiny incisions over the entire recipient area.
Step 7 – After that, the surgeon carefully inserts each graft individually into these tiny incisions to complete the surgery.
Recovery after FUE hair transplant is quick and smooth because of its minimally invasive nature.
- Your scalp will be sore and tender immediately after the transplant.
- A downtime of 36 to 48 hours will be required.
- The recovery period is around 4 to 7 days.
- Most patients resume routine activities on the 3rd day following surgery.
- Complete recovery, however, may take a couple of months.
- Cold compresses can also be used to deal with post-surgical swelling and bruising.
- Start consuming prescription medicines immediately after the transplant.
- Sleep in an upright position, with your head, elevated at 45 degrees for the first few nights.
- Do not wash your scalp for 24 to 36 hours after the surgery.
- Do not take any blood thinners or aspirin-containing medicines for the first two weeks following the hair transplant.
- Do not expose your scalp to direct sunlight.
- Scratching or picking at the scab is strictly prohibited.
- Avoid touching your scalp unnecessarily.
- Do not massage your scalp for at least ten days.
FUE hair transplant in Dubai has some advantages over the traditional strip method transplant which include:
- It is a minimally invasive technique that does not involve cutting and stitching of the scalp.
- It does not cause a visible linear scar at the donor site.
- Allows extraction of body hair for transplantation – good for people with insufficient donor hair supply.
- Due to its minimally invasive nature, it involves less discomfort and less downtime.
- Recovery is also quick and smooth.
FUE hair transplant gives you beautiful, natural, and shiny hair on your head. After getting this procedure, you don’t have to worry about hair loss from the treated area because you will never face it again. Also, no one will be able to identify that you had a hair transplant procedure. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that FUE hair transplant is the ultimate solution to your baldness.
FUE Hair Transplant FAQs
What is the difference between FUE Hair Transplant and FUT Transplant?
FUE and FUT are the two most frequently used Hair Transplantation techniques. The latter is an older technique, a more invasive one. In FUT hair transplant the surgeon excises a linear strip of hair-bearing skin from the donor area and dissects it further to obtain grafts for transplantation.
On the other hand, FUE hair transplant involves no cutting or stitching of the scalp skin. Instead, it uses a small punch tool for direct extraction of individual grafts from the donor area.
Can I choose between FUT and FUE myself?
You can discuss your preferences regarding FUT and FUE with the surgeon. After examining your scalp condition and donor hair supply, he will suggest the most suitable procedure for your treatment. You can show your concerns and preferences but it is the surgeon who takes the final decision because he knows your hair better than you.
Will FUE Hair Transplant leave scar on my scalp?
FUE hair transplant Dubai does not leave a linear scar on the scalp because it does not involve cutting or stitching of the scalp. It only causes tiny pinprick scars that are not visible until you get your head shaved after having a hair transplant.
How FUE Hair Transplant helps overcome limited donor hair problem?
FUE hair transplant is best known for addressing shortcomings of FUT method which include tight scalp and limited donor hair supply problem. If you don’t have enough healthy hair on your scalp, FUT cannot help you. But in such a case, FUE method can be helpful as it allows hair extraction from body parts other than the scalp – such as the chest, back, and thighs, etc.
Is FUE hair transplant Dubai cost very high?
FUE hair transplant Dubai cost does not follow a standard. It depends on various factors, including the number of hair grafts needed, the surgeon you choose, and the geographic location of your provider. FUE does cost a little more than FUT, but it cannot be rated as very high. You can also discuss the cost factor with the doctor before opting for the procedure.
If you are looking to undergo a hair transplant, the FUE procedure is the most efficient technique. Fill in the form below to book a free consultation with one of our experts. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® offers the best FUE hair transplant in Dubai with specialized staff and advanced techniques. So, book your appointment now.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest