Everybody wants to look neat, clean, and fresh all the time in today’s competitive world. But what do you do when you have overactive sweat glands especially under your armpits? It can be a big problem while interacting with people because excessive sweating can be embarrassing. Medically this condition is known as hyperhidrosis which is quite common. Hyperhidrosis may also cause excessive sweating on the palms and soles. But worry not because medical experts have a solution to almost everything. Now you can put an end to excessive sweating by having Botox injections for sweat glands in Dubai. It is a readily-available option used to treat hyperhidrosis because it inhibits the sympathetic cholinergic nerve fibers and prevents sweating.
How does it work?
When the botulinum toxin is injected in to the affected areas, it temporarily blocks the chemical signals coming from the nerves which control the sweat glands. As a result, excessive sweating will stop because sweat glands will not receive the required chemical signals from the nerves. Therefore, botox injections for sweat glands are considered the best solution for hyperhidrosis problem.
Are you a Candidate?
You may be an ideal candidate for hyperhidrosis treatment in Dubai if:
- You are experiencing excessive sweating in the armpits, palms, or soles.
- You are not suffering from any neurological disorder.
- You are not suffering from any disease that affects nerves or muscles.
The main goal of botox injections for sweat glands is to reduce excessive sweating by blocking neurotransmitters that stimulate sweat glands.
You may need to follow these instructions before getting botox injections for sweat glands:
- Do not use any cosmetic products just before the treatment.
- Do not use any antiperspirant the day before the treatment.
- Refrain from hot beverages and exercise for half an hour before the treatment.
- Do not use any kind of allergy medications, sleeping aids, or muscle relaxants.
The hyperhidrosis treatment using botox does not require any kind of anesthesia and takes 20-30 minutes for completion. The procedural steps are as follows;
- Firstly, the treatment area is cleansed to avoid infection.
- Although most of the patients tolerate the discomfort caused by injections well, the practitioner may apply numbing cream or topical anesthetic to numb the treatment area.
- The treatment area is dried and iodine is applied to identify sweat glands.
- Injection sites are then marked.
- A small amount of dose is then injected in the marked sites with the help of fine needles. The amount of dose varies for armpits, palms, and soles.
- Afterwards, cold compresses are applied to the treatment area to minimize discomfort, swelling, and bruising.
We have the best cosmetic surgeons in Dubai. Our doctor’s profiles speak for themselves and you can get a free consultation by filling out the form at the end of this page.
Hyperhidrosis treatment in Dubai has many benefits. Some of them include:
- It is an effective and proven treatment to reduce excessive sweating.
- It is a non-surgical and non-invasive treatment.
- It is a quick procedure.
The procedure is FDA approved and safe to get. However, a few potential side-effects can occur which include;
No downtime is required after the treatment and the recovery time is also minimal. You will be able to resume your normal activities immediately after the procedure. The side effects are also minimal which will subside completely in a couple of days.
You will see the results of Botox injections within two days after the procedure. But they will be temporary and you will have to repeat the procedure to retain the effects. The results of botox injections may last for 3 to 12 months.
Hyperhidrosis Treatment Cost in Dubai
The cost of the treatment varies from patient to patient, depending upon the severity of your problem, expertise of the surgeon and the geographical location of the clinic. Therefore, contact us or consult with our experts to know about the exact cost o the procedure.
To know more about Botox Injections for sweat glands in Dubai, book an appointment by filling the consultation form given below. We at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® offer free consultation to our patients. In this way, you can learn about the treatment in detail and discuss all your concerns with the doctor. So, what are you waiting for? Book your appointment now.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest