In today’s competitive world, everybody wants to look neat, clean, and fresh all the time. But what do you do when you have overactive sweat glands especially under your armpits? It can be a big problem while interacting with people because excessive sweating can be embarrassing. Medically this condition is known as hyperhidrosis which is quite common.
Hyperhidrosis may also cause excessive sweating on the palms and soles. But worry not because now you can put an end to excessive sweating either by having laser hyperhidrosis treatment or Botox injection for sweaty glands in Dubai. Botox is a readily-available option used to treat hyperhidrosis because it inhibits the sympathetic cholinergic nerve fibers and prevents sweating.
Table of Contents
How does it work?
When the botulinum toxin is injected into the affected areas, it temporarily blocks the chemical signals coming from the nerves which control the sweat glands. As a result, excessive sweating will stop because sweat glands will not receive the required chemical signals from the nerves. Therefore, botox injections for sweat glands are considered the best solution for hyperhidrosis problems.
Are you a Candidate?
You may be an ideal candidate for hyperhidrosis treatment in Dubai if you are:
- Experiencing excessive sweating in the armpits, palms, or soles.
- Not suffering from any neurological disorder or disease that affects nerves and muscles.
The main goal of botox for sweaty glands is to reduce excessive sweating by blocking neurotransmitters that stimulate sweat glands.
You may need to follow these instructions before getting botox injection for sweaty glands:
- Do not use any cosmetic products just before the treatment.
- Avoid using any antiperspirant the day before the treatment.
- Refrain from hot beverages and exercise for half an hour before the treatment.
- Do not use any kind of allergy medications, sleeping aids, or muscle relaxants.
The hyperhidrosis treatment using botox does not require any kind of anesthesia and takes 20-30 minutes for completion. The procedural steps are as follows;
- Firstly, the treatment area is cleansed to avoid infection.
- Although most of the patients tolerate the discomfort caused by injections well, the practitioner may apply numbing cream or topical anesthetic to numb the treatment area.
- The treatment area is dried and iodine is applied to identify sweat glands.
- Injection sites are then marked.
- A small amount of dose is then injected into the marked sites with the help of fine needles. The amount of dose varies for armpits, palms, and soles.
- Afterward, cold compresses are applied to the treatment area to minimize discomfort, swelling, and bruising.
Hyperhidrosis treatment in Dubai has many benefits. Some of them include:
- An effective and proven treatment to reduce excessive sweating.
- A non-surgical and non-invasive treatment.
- A quick procedure.
No downtime is required after the treatment and the recovery time is also minimal. You will be able to resume your normal activities immediately after the procedure. The side-effects are also minimal which will subside completely in a couple of days.
You will see the results of Botox injections within two days after the procedure. But they will be temporary and you will have to repeat the procedure to retain the effects. The results of botox injections may last for 3 to 12 months.
Hyperhidrosis Treatment Cost in Dubai
The cost of the treatment varies from patient to patient, depending upon the severity of your problem, the expertise of the surgeon, and the geographical location of the clinic. Therefore, contact us or consult with our experts to know about the exact cost of the procedure. The average starting cost of Botox for sweaty glands is AED 3500.
Schedule A Consultation
To know more about Botox Injection for sweaty glands in Dubai, book an appointment by filling the consultation form given below. We at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® offer an initial consultation to our patients. In this way, you can learn about the treatment in detail and discuss all your concerns with the doctor. So, what are you waiting for? Book your appointment now.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest